So Long January @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: So Long January @ the MSC

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Caribbean Soul wrote: January 31, 2023 5:46 pm at the time)
LIPH wrote: January 31, 2023 3:08 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: January 31, 2023 2:14 pm And those of you dealing with your elderly parents and driving, been there, done that. :( It was the hardest thing to do to take the keys away from ours. Luckily they understood. :-?
When my father went into assisted living I told him I was going to sell his car. He started yelling at me that I couldn't do that, it was his car and he could still drive. I reminded him I had Power of Attorney and could sign over the title for a nickel if I wanted to. He calmed down pretty quickly.
We went through that with my father-in-law. He hardly drove anyway, but when his license needed to be renewed we told him he had to go for an eye test at the RMV, So, between that being a very difficult task (he was like ninety~ish at the time and would not be able to stand in a long line) AND the $$$ he'd save on insurance, he consented to apply only for an ID card instead and sell his vehicle to the husband of one of his caretakers.
My mother recently rear ended the 3rd car down from a stop light which went out onto a major street. She says she didn't know how the car began moving. But hit the car in front of her. The proceeded to back up, and pass around the two cars in front of her and turn right onto the busy street without looking. The first car (Witness) says it was a miracle she wasn't T-EED. Drove down to a block than circled back. When I asked why she left the scene of the accident, she says she didn't. But after explaining to her the facts, she said she didn't want to hold up traffic.

Her insurance went up $48 which she is complaining about, thinking this had something to do to the reckless driving ticket she was issued. We explained that the increase was just an annual thing, and to expect the insurance to maybe double (at 91 years old with reckless driving ticket), or they may not want to renew her at all. She doesn't believe this may happen. She told my brother last night from what I understand, is that she wants to purchase a new car. He has POA, and told her absolutely not.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Good for your brother!

Old people, what are you going to do?

You can't shoot 'em and you can't leave 'em in the woods.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Just like the Brent Burns song goes...."If it is Tourist Season, why can't we shoot em"
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......