Moderator: SMLCHNG

palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Re: 2023 tour dates

Post by palmettopirate »

msu#1 wrote: May 12, 2023 7:04 pm I'm sure the other dates will start "popping soon". Will they be more pop up shows like this or a full mini tour in July hard to say....

But it's not going to be a normal year ......be prepared for an opener or coheadliner...or just jimmy
Maybe Jimmy’s health has something to with this situation. Kind of taking it one day at a time thing.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Luckyone »

Understand the short window concept for selling tickets. But for those who work it makes it hard to plan and get time off to go to the concert. Actually -- not a fan of this approach. Wondering if he has different management this year? He has always been fan friendly.
toodrunk
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by toodrunk »

I agree, he must be having health issues, it is the only thing that makes any sense. And could be why they are not making some sort of public statement about the tour.
gypsystargazer
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by gypsystargazer »

JB certainly wants to play with us. He's been true to his word over the years that he didn't want to retire. He is busy, plus 007. Cool. Maybe another book? I'd love it. He's a great author. In 2021 Pine Knob was last minute. We made it. We really are fortunate that Jimmy wants to sea us, sing with us and embrace our tailgate creativeness! I wish the best to him all ways!!! I'll be at a show somewhere! Sooner, perhaps 🌴🎶🦜🦈
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

toodrunk wrote: May 13, 2023 11:09 am I agree, he must be having health issues, it is the only thing that makes any sense. And could be why they are not making some sort of public statement about the tour.
👍
boatdrinks84
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
Number of Concerts: 8
Favorite Boat Drink: Hurricane

Post by boatdrinks84 »

Okay, I know Jimmy had a health issue late last year, but his socials constantly post videos of him bicycling, paddle boarding, and surfing. He can’t be in THAT bad of shape.
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

boatdrinks84 wrote: May 13, 2023 8:23 pm Okay, I know Jimmy had a health issue late last year, but his socials constantly post videos of him bicycling, paddle boarding, and surfing. He can’t be in THAT bad of shape.
That’s difficult to rely on. I’m 75, 8 months younger than Jimmy. When I developed A-fib several years ago I could go some days and not some days. I finally got it mostly under control with meds. But then something else got me, a severely calcified aortic valve. This was different. I was ok if not exercising but the smallest amount of effort immediately made me extremely tired. I could work 5 minutes but I’d have so sit down and rest for 5 minutes before more exercise. You might have seen me riding a bike or doing other things for short bursts though. But I had to cut back on strenuous stuff. They replaced the valve June of 2018 and performed an ablation to help correct the A-fib while they were in my chest. This was right before TAVR had full approval so I had to undergo traditional chest cracking surgery . I didn’t know how bad my valve was for years until I recovered. I felt 20 years younger. My point is this. At this age medical situations sneak up on us. It just happens. I obviously don’t know what Jimmy is dealing with, but like others here. I’m betting it’s medical.
Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Luckyone »

Palmettopirate makes a good point. We don't know what the situation is with Jimmy. If you look closely most of the social posts they are not recent pictures. Through the years his team has been good communicators. They aren't now. Honestly I don't need to know what Jimmy's health issue is. It is his business. But I wish him all the best. I can understand that things are changing. My gripe is that the Buffett organization is not communicating on potential dates and are giving people too short of notice on concerts.
palmettopirate

Post by palmettopirate »

Luckyone wrote: May 14, 2023 6:42 am Palmettopirate makes a good point. We don't know what the situation is with Jimmy. If you look closely most of the social posts they are not recent pictures. Through the years his team has been good communicators. They aren't now. Honestly I don't need to know what Jimmy's health issue is. It is his business. But I wish him all the best. I can understand that things are changing. My gripe is that the Buffett organization is not communicating on potential dates and are giving people too short of notice on concerts.
I shall add this. When Jimmy comes here it usually isn’t a quick fly-in, fly-out trip. He spends a week or so here. He kicks back and vacations a little.This may be part of a much-needed rest routine this year.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

If Jimmy said he wanted to take a year off to recharge , or take care of whatever health issue he may have. I'd be fine with that. He is 76 I get a lot of PH's are frustrated. The fan base is a bit different from a lot of others. We will travel great distances to see him. So planning in advance does help. Especially if you need flights, hotel rooms, rental cars, and getting the time off from work. But, if you are local, and he does a pop-up show. Chances are you are going to get a great ticket, and not at a premium price.
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote: May 14, 2023 10:29 am If Jimmy said he wanted to take a year off to recharge , or take care of whatever health issue he may have. I'd be fine with that. He is 76 I get a lot of PH's are frustrated. The fan base is a bit different from a lot of others. We will travel great distances to see him. So planning in advance does help. Especially if you need flights, hotel rooms, rental cars, and getting the time off from work. But, if you are local, and he does a pop-up show. Chances are you are going to get a great ticket, and not at a premium price.
Tommy, Carol (who just moved to Charleston) said the rumor is the tickets are $275 - she said they won't go if that turns out to be the case. I really wanted to try to get there but the airfare was $600 and I could only stay for 3 days. Too much. I hope we get one in the northeast somewhere, because as I said before, I really think his run is over. :(
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

I'm in the queue line right now! No intention to buy but wanted to see the prices .. my id number is zero....must be the first person in line.

Lol
We shall see what pops up in 7 minutes
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Holy crap.....spent ten minutes in the queue before the on sale time ...then had 2000plus people in front when box office opened online....took ten minutes to get to the front of the virtual line....and holy crap!! I'll throw a video together of it......could've had second row center.....

This show is going to have 5 people at it ....unreal prices for a show in 5 days....let alone at any point.

Lol what is this stadium thinking?
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'm not going to this show either but I also wanted to see what ticket prices were. You could get seats in the 300 level for $43.50-$73.50, the 200 level topped out at $143.50 and some of the 100 level and the rear sections on the floor were also $143.50. The really expensive seats were "Official Platinum", were TicketMaaster rips off people who have more money than brains. Just for the hell of it I clicked on one section in the 300 level and there were only 2 seats left. The show might not sell out but they'll have a good sized crowd.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
gypsystargazer
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by gypsystargazer »

Gosh, Charleston. Sorry about the ticket minageree. Especially at short notice! Ticketmaster sucks! There's no logic to their extra fees! My best friend always got us great seats. Now, he's gone. Not sure which other ticketing agency to trust. I'm in Michigan, so yah, flight, lodging, rent a car. Advance notice is appreciated. We shall sea. 🦜🎶🦜🦈🌴
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: May 15, 2023 10:34 am I'm not going to this show either but I also wanted to see what ticket prices were. You could get seats in the 300 level for $43.50-$73.50, the 200 level topped out at $143.50 and some of the 100 level and the rear sections on the floor were also $143.50. The really expensive seats were "Official Platinum", were TicketMaaster rips off people who have more money than brains. Just for the hell of it I clicked on one section in the 300 level and there were only 2 seats left. The show might not sell out but they'll have a good sized crowd.
True story!
MANY people aren't in the know as they don't exclude the Platinum seats when they do their ticket search. Then they get on the message boards & beyoch about the prices. "Don't buy the Platinum seats & that problem will be solved".
Yeah I know, get real Ken!! :roll:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

There are still $143 seats around and some 73 but the 43 are sold out.

It's pretty ridiculous that any venue and ticketmaster have official scalper prices.... After the Taylor swift debacle you would think most artist would state they don't want dynamic pricing. Just sell all the tickets at a reasonable price for that seat ... This is just ticketmaster trying to get that sweet old school scalping money they missed out on in the 90's
rz33
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by rz33 »

Great Woods is teasing a MAJOR show announcement tomorrow morning at 10 AM.

Most guesses are for Jimmy.
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

I highly doubt that the show sold out today. I would be shocked. And as for the Platinum stuff, who in their right mind would pay some of the prices that are being asked? And how are there no resales available? Something does not add up. It makes no sense.
"Some people never find it..."
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

ScarletB wrote: May 15, 2023 8:12 am
TommyBahama wrote: May 14, 2023 10:29 am If Jimmy said he wanted to take a year off to recharge , or take care of whatever health issue he may have. I'd be fine with that. He is 76 I get a lot of PH's are frustrated. The fan base is a bit different from a lot of others. We will travel great distances to see him. So planning in advance does help. Especially if you need flights, hotel rooms, rental cars, and getting the time off from work. But, if you are local, and he does a pop-up show. Chances are you are going to get a great ticket, and not at a premium price.
Tommy, Carol (who just moved to Charleston) said the rumor is the tickets are $275 - she said they won't go if that turns out to be the case. I really wanted to try to get there but the airfare was $600 and I could only stay for 3 days. Too much. I hope we get one in the northeast somewhere, because as I said before, I really think his run is over. :(
I can get 148.00 RT from New Haven or 234.00 RT from Hartford, Both on Breeze. Sadly, though, I have to bartend a charity event on Saturday night. I have a place to stay which is great. As in Carol and Dave?? When?