what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: Nautical Wheelers
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: Crown Royal & Ginger Ale

Re: Who's Going to Meriwether, MD July 19, 2022

Post by FunkHouse9 »

Given the choice between MPP and JLL, I'd pick MPP any day, so looks like I'll be there.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Who's Going to Merriweather, MD July 19, 2022

Post by Saltx3 »

Ticket selling day is almost upon us.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
PHISHEAD
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: BEER

Post by PHISHEAD »

I am but the parking lot is not the same! You don’t have to worry about officer Stanton! YES YOU CAN TAILGATE and go crazy again but it’s small! They sold most of the land. It’s sad!
Legalize It!!!!!
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

PHISHEAD wrote: March 4, 2022 12:50 am I am but the parking lot is not the same! You don’t have to worry about officer Stanton! YES YOU CAN TAILGATE and go crazy again but it’s small! They sold most of the land. It’s sad!
I've looked at the picture on their site, do you know which lot is NOT a parking garage? To me, it looms like lot A...
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

We jumped ship to JLL.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I was searching for tix to both and got something pretty respectable for MPP, so I'll be there. There's a chance I'll still hit JLL too, but that'll probably be a last minute decision.
Maybe it's because in spite of all the work we do, it's the child in us we really value.
keithdroid
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice/School Boy Heart
Number of Concerts: 41

Post by keithdroid »

Local MPP knowledge here. I'll try to keep it short. We live 5 minutes from Merriweather and if you have not been there in the last four (4) years let alone the last time Jimmy was there 19 years ago, other than the basic layout the venue has COMPLETELY changed. The back huge parking lot is gone, replaced by condo's, apartments and retail shops. For parking, Lot A is the closest and uncovered but small. Lot B is a couple of 2-3 level parking garages separated by a tall business building. Directly to the north of Lot B is the Mall in Columbia and a large parking lot, although there will be signs that say Mall parking only plenty of people will be parking/tailgating there. The rest of the lots are much farther away (10-15 minute walk). You can tailgate but of course have to be respectful of others. The venue it self was completely overhauled, roof raised, stage now spins to accommodate multiple band setups and quick band changes, just about every pavilion seat was replaced and the concrete redone under foot. The band accommodations were also super upgraded, heck there is a small outdoor pool for the bands to use! There is an upstairs lawn area overtop the new suites that hang from the ceiling. I have pictures, but I don't know how to get them to work here, sorry. All new concessions, food offerings etc. Not to say the bathroom lines and bar lines won't be long LOL. Hope that helps, cheers!

We will be at both MPP and Jiffy Lube.
Previously known as "jollymon" from 9/9/01-3/15/07 but lossed password and switched email provider so couldn't use reminder link :(
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Although my husband and I had already changed our minds based on what we were hearing about tailgating your up close and personal knowledge is appreciated !!!
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

keithdroid wrote: March 4, 2022 7:02 pm Local MPP knowledge here. I'll try to keep it short. We live 5 minutes from Merriweather and if you have not been there in the last four (4) years let alone the last time Jimmy was there 19 years ago, other than the basic layout the venue has COMPLETELY changed. The back huge parking lot is gone, replaced by condo's, apartments and retail shops. For parking, Lot A is the closest and uncovered but small. Lot B is a couple of 2-3 level parking garages separated by a tall business building. Directly to the north of Lot B is the Mall in Columbia and a large parking lot, although there will be signs that say Mall parking only plenty of people will be parking/tailgating there. The rest of the lots are much farther away (10-15 minute walk). You can tailgate but of course have to be respectful of others. The venue it self was completely overhauled, roof raised, stage now spins to accommodate multiple band setups and quick band changes, just about every pavilion seat was replaced and the concrete redone under foot. The band accommodations were also super upgraded, heck there is a small outdoor pool for the bands to use! There is an upstairs lawn area overtop the new suites that hang from the ceiling. I have pictures, but I don't know how to get them to work here, sorry. All new concessions, food offerings etc. Not to say the bathroom lines and bar lines won't be long LOL. Hope that helps, cheers!

The side sections no longer feel like a crappy little afterthought. I haven't been in the new elevated sections in the back, but they look really cool, especially in person. The line of sight from the lawn has improved with the higher roof.
Last edited by FunkHouse9 on March 9, 2022 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

FunkHouse9 wrote: March 8, 2022 1:31 pm
keithdroid wrote: March 4, 2022 7:02 pm Local MPP knowledge here. I'll try to keep it short. We live 5 minutes from Merriweather and if you have not been there in the last four (4) years let alone the last time Jimmy was there 19 years ago, other than the basic layout the venue has COMPLETELY changed. The back huge parking lot is gone, replaced by condo's, apartments and retail shops. For parking, Lot A is the closest and uncovered but small. Lot B is a couple of 2-3 level parking garages separated by a tall business building. Directly to the north of Lot B is the Mall in Columbia and a large parking lot, although there will be signs that say Mall parking only plenty of people will be parking/tailgating there. The rest of the lots are much farther away (10-15 minute walk). You can tailgate but of course have to be respectful of others. The venue it self was completely overhauled, roof raised, stage now spins to accommodate multiple band setups and quick band changes, just about every pavilion seat was replaced and the concrete redone under foot. The band accommodations were also super upgraded, heck there is a small outdoor pool for the bands to use! There is an upstairs lawn area overtop the new suites that hang from the ceiling. I have pictures, but I don't know how to get them to work here, sorry. All new concessions, food offerings etc. Not to say the bathroom lines and bar lines won't be long LOL. Hope that helps, cheers!

The side sections are no longer feel like a crappy little afterthought. I haven't been in the new elevated sections in the back, but they look really cool, especially in person. The line of sight from the lawn has improved with the higher roof.
:o :o Well this is an interesting looking venue..
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »

I have 2 lawn tickets available for face plus fees. PM me if interested. Thanks!
Last edited by Lostarlake on July 17, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunkHouse9
At the Bama Breeze

Post by FunkHouse9 »

I'm surprised the Merriweather discussion is such a ghost town. I keep popping by expecting to see a discussion starting up and it's just crickets. I'm excited Jimmy is back at MPP! It is my favorite outdoor venue and it was a bummer when he stopped coming there.
keithdroid

Post by keithdroid »

Union Jack's has John Frinzi and John Patti right across the street from MPP if interested 4-7pm, gates open at 6:30...10400 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD. 21044.
Previously known as "jollymon" from 9/9/01-3/15/07 but lossed password and switched email provider so couldn't use reminder link :(
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

FunkHouse9 wrote: July 17, 2022 8:38 pm I'm surprised the Merriweather discussion is such a ghost town. I keep popping by expecting to see a discussion starting up and it's just crickets. I'm excited Jimmy is back at MPP! It is my favorite outdoor venue and it was a bummer when he stopped coming there.

Check out the Buffettnews Facebook group, lots of discussions over there.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

Wasky
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 81
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos

Post by Wasky »

We'll be there! Looking forward to my 80th Buffett show and welcoming the Coral Reefers back to Merriweather for the first time in 19 years!
81 SHOWS:
29 - Bristow
17 - Merriweather Post Pavilion
5 - Dallas
3 - Boston, Raleigh
2 - Atlanta, Atlantic City, Camden, East Hampton, St. Louis, West Palm Beach
1 - Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Gulf Shores, Hershey, Las Vegas, Meadowlands, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, VA Beach
Wasky
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 81
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos

Post by Wasky »

Not a fan of the upstairs lawn area overtop the new suites that hang from the ceiling. We were in Section 203 for Dave Matthews Band. Within minutes of sitting down, some jerk from the upstairs lawn area dropped his chewing tobacco spittoon cup on us. Accident or not, there is nothing like getting tobacco-infused spit poured on us during a pandemic from some guy who spent a lot less money than we did on tickets. They need to re-think this "upgrade." Awful.
81 SHOWS:
29 - Bristow
17 - Merriweather Post Pavilion
5 - Dallas
3 - Boston, Raleigh
2 - Atlanta, Atlantic City, Camden, East Hampton, St. Louis, West Palm Beach
1 - Baltimore, Charlotte, Chicago, Gulf Shores, Hershey, Las Vegas, Meadowlands, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, VA Beach
keithdroid

Post by keithdroid »

OMG! That is awful and so sorry you had that happen. We have not been up to the new "lawn" area either. Didn't realize it sat over the pavilion seats, not a good idea, agreed.