Moderator: SMLCHNG

palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Lucky 7

Post by palmettopirate »

I should have shared this story months ago. Anyway last year a friend told me that on 7/7 (July 7) he woke up at precisely 7 o'clock, and that he'd been dreaming about the number 7 all night long. Of course he just couldn't get the number 7 out of his head. He was going to the horse races that day and called a cab. The cab pulls up and it's number is 7. He gets to the race track and buys a ticket for a random seat. It's the 7th row, 7th seat. He's really freaking out but now but wondering if this is not a message of good fortune. So he goes to the windows to place a bet. He ends up in the line for the 7th window. He's behind a gent who has an attache case full of money and asks him what horse he's betting on. The gent says, "Lucky 7 in race 7." OMG, this is too good to be true. So the gent in front of him bets $7,000 on Lucky 7 in race 7. He doesn't have that kind of money but he does bet $700 on Lucky 7 in race 7. He goes to his seat. The horses load and Lucky 7 ends up in gate 7. So he told me that they raced and raced hard. I asked him if his horse won. He said, "Hell no, he finished 7th."

You have permission to kick me in the you know what for this if you ever see me in person.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Lucky 7

Post by SMLCHNG »

:roll: :lol: :lol: