2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Re: 2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

Post by johnson2113 »

And as an added comment, 3&2 take such poor care of the fields, I thought Cob broke a rib after that catch. He came up clutching his side. Those fields are so dry and hard, it's a wonder more players aren't injured. They don't put a drop of water on anything, the outfields, they don't water down the bases. It's disgraceful.

I played in the country at least, this is a high-income area, and they get less than what I got.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Football, baseball, volleyball, soccer...

I can't think of it...

Dang, Lacrosse, I couldn't think of it, my brain is fried.

They have the homecoming dance on 'Saturday'. Saturday?

Homecoming always used to be on Friday night, after the Friday night high school football game. Corsages, dresses, matching outfits, and I have to come and shoot pictures.

What? :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

I just wanted to shoot sports, and landscapes on my own. Now, I have to make pretty people look pretty, I ain't never been pretty. I don't know nothing about pretty. :pirate: [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :pirate: [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Follow their lead. Some will want that posed while others will trust you to capture the candid.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: October 6, 2022 7:28 pm Follow their lead. Some will want that posed while others will trust you to capture the candid.
Thanks, yep, that is what I have been thinking. I did a deep dive on Pinterest. Most of the pictures I saw on there were terrible, but I got some ideas. I am going to kick some baseball players a :pirate: :pirate: and force them to do whatever the girls want, and then shoot what I want. I am excited to shoot something different, my only worry is to make them as perfect as I want.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

lime rickie wrote: October 6, 2022 6:09 pm Photo over video any day, Jerred. Love a good crisp sports photo. You really do a nice job with these. [smilie=coolup.gif]
I totally agree!!! :D

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY, JERRED!! :D
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Happy birthday!

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Happy Birthday!!!
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Thanks, everyone. Completely slipped my mind, mostly. Wasn't anywhere near a computer or phone, or anything else. Getting ready for a crazy weekend.

Thursday - Football
Friday - Baseball doubleheader
Saturday - Baseball doubleheader
Sundy - Depends how Saturday goes. (We went 2-0, ended up in the championship bracket, playing Sunday at the University of Kansas)
Monday - Football

Mercifully, for me anyways, my baseball season is "over". Bub maybe filling in next weekend for a team, everyone's telling me to not shoot pictures, but one of my guys, one of my favorite guys is on that team, other than Bub.

I've got pictures, hard drives, computers, notebooks, pads, pens everywhere right now. I've got to make a ton of notes. Maybe I will just do a big download on everything about the season, I will do my level best anyway, eventually. I've got four teams, to work through right now.

Anyways, the brainless, ****less, hopeless, heartless, bug-eyed, I can't get through it, I'm not ready for Christmas stuff yet. Anyways the football coach that wouldn't know a defensive player if it fell in his lap, wouldn't know a QB, if he ran over his face, had the two year QB in the game, over the guy that we all know and love. Hef, not Bub, anyways he gets tackled in the last game, horse collar. He broke a 40 yard run, the kid grabbed him and yanked him down. 'Our' QB tried to brace himself.

The most horrific injury I have ever shot. Fair warning, you can look at the pics if you want, if you don't, I do not blame you. Snapped both bones in his forearm, surgery, pinks, rods, plates.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tankedpyr ... 0302892847

I don't even have room for the last baseball game on the laptop right now. If you hated umpires and referees after last week's NFL games, you are going to despise them now. Bub was at the plate. First pitch, BALL. Second pitch, BALL. Third pitch, Bub fouled off. Fourth pitch, Bub fouled off. Fifth pitch, BALL. Sixth pitch, Ball. Bub started for first base. The brainless, ****less, yada, yada, yada, umpire called him back. He said it was a 'full count'.

Bub stands in there for the next pitch, hit on the arm. He starts to go to first and stops. He stands there for a moment, he pulls his helmet off and tosses it. He looks at the coach and then looks shocked. He cannot move his freaking arm. He starts to panic. Right between the bicep and the triceps, the ball hits a nerve, locks his arm up. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday had some fun, shot some great action. Sunday, a punt, right in the jewels.

Pictures, someday, I'll get to them. For now, I'm going to bed and restarting, tomorrow.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Seasons have been over for a month or so. I have been trying to get ahead of the next seasons. I have no idea what is coming, I hope at least 3 baseball seasons and 2 football seasons and volleyball. Which the 'next' volleyball season starts December 30th, but that doesn't count.

This is what I did for the end of the baseball season.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/freestate ... 0304268187

I was a baseball card guy, but baseball cards are going digital, NFTs :o :-? 8) :lol:

I want to create something that follows the trends. Whether the players dig it or not, I don't care, this is one of the coolest projects I have done, come up with. I cannot complain about anything I have done with any of the pictures or players. Seriously I can nitpick every little detail, there is nothing I can come up with that disappoints me. I have never been as satisfied with anything I have ever designed.

Here is the baseball season in Black and White. It turned out better than I could hope. I didn't want to use as many pics as I did, but I just could see them in B&W vs Color and I knew they would be good.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/freestate ... 0303497131

This is an exception that I have to address. The reason I look at every little detail. Back in the Sharks days I got a picture of Brock's dad spitting a sunflower seed. It took me about two games out of three to realize he was a little p*ick. And then something happened and he decided he wanted to focus on baseball. And he is still a little p*ick, but he's focused on being a great ball player and using that to his advantage to progress. He has become one of my favorite ballplayers, one of my favorite human beings. Beyond becoming a dedicated athlete the thing that impresses me the most is ability to come up and talk to everyone that comes to the games. He addresses them, shakes their hand, hugs them, bro-hugs them, whatever. He catches me anytime he sees me. Baseball, football, whenever, this kid gives me hope for the next generation.

Here's the Saints and Ravens in black and white. Can't comment on head up their a** things the coaches did for the Ravens, and how every Dad that I talked to was PO'd, and how I was right from the first moment. How I said everything was wrong, but don't dare question anyone, and for God's sake don't ever speak out about it. "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong." Except I ain't wrong, and I damn sure ain't afraid to let anyone know.

Anything I have learned from Jimmy is that there ain't time to regret anything I believe.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/freestate ... 0303450042
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34photogr ... 0303419613

The last game of the season we were on some s**t field, that was awesome for my pics. The second best pictures I shot of the football season(S).
Here is Hef at QB, coming right at me.

And here is Bub, from a flat foot position, after he scored a TD, when his parents say he can't jump, can't get air. Of F'ing course I know better. My man can and does get up, and his parents are a couple of fat-a**es.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Oh, and just for an overall update.

The old man had his leg amputated on Super Bowl Sunday of 2022. I have been helping out the folks since then. Taking care of the house and property, since then. My sister and brother in law have been no where to be seen since then. But they do love those grain checks.

I had an idea for my sister, for my brother in law, and God love Mom she has had Dad at physical therapy 3 days a weeks, and he is on his 3rd or 4th leg since then. She 'stole' my Christmas ideas for my sister and her husband. I've spent way tooooo many hours around them, I had great ideas. I'm not too upset about the folks' stealing my ideas, the problem is I have spent as many hours around my brother in law and sister.

They got me gifts that I wouldn't, and they wouldn't get for co-workers. So, if that happens again, this year, my ass is going to Key West immediately. So if it is a a Blue Christmas, Black Christmas, Ugly Christmas, I will see you in Key West.

Edit:
That ain't a promise, it's a guarantee. So, if you don't want to be around me, fair warning. :pirate: :lol: :pirate: :lol:
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Awesome black & whites Jerred!!
Merry Christmas

Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Agree, love the B&Ws, Jerred. You really do some lovely work for these kids, what a lifetime of memories you are creating for Bub, Ryanne and the rest.

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Thanks!