Back to the Island Society

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Re: Back to the Island Society

Post by jbfinscj »

BottleofRum wrote: October 4, 2022 12:58 pm Not surprised. It always seemed like some sort of semi Ponzi scheme or some sort of get rich quick racket.
Yup, no disrespect to those who bought into it, but all the writing was there on the wall from the start. The man was a con artist who got very defensive if you questioned his motives.
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

kwbooklvr
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by kwbooklvr »

Thank you for the input! I just thought it was odd.😽😽
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

I always thought that a Jimmy Buffett site named after a Leon Russell song was kinda iffy...
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

They did have some cool t-shirts though.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
SharkysMV1
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

MDShark70 wrote: October 6, 2022 8:49 am They did have some cool t-shirts though.
Yes I thought so too. Ironically more relevant to Jimmy's songs and past than what M'ville sold even before Island Reserve seemed to take over.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
SharkysMV1
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

This whole situation s*cks. Over on FB a band is saying they are getting stiffed for a performance BTTI booked them for, people mentioned attempted credit card fraud after they purchased BTTI items in KW (I'm glad I've only used paypal).

There was a member on here named Jay that appeared to be involved in promoting BTTI. Seems like a great guy and really cares about JB and music; I hope he didn't get swindled.

And, as I have mentioned before, where the heck did Dan get all of those vintage JB pics? I really hope he didn't take advantage of someone close to Jimmy and post them to boost his own credo.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
FinsUp6835
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: LivingstonsGone2TX MeetMeinMemphis Winoandiknow CowboyIntheJungle
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Ice Cold Loaded Landshark

Post by FinsUp6835 »

SharkysMV1 wrote: October 6, 2022 9:03 am This whole situation s*cks. Over on FB a band is saying they are getting stiffed for a performance BTTI booked them for, people mentioned attempted credit card fraud after they purchased BTTI items in KW (I'm glad I've only used paypal).

There was a member on here named Jay that appeared to be involved in promoting BTTI. Seems like a great guy and really cares about JB and music; I hope he didn't get swindled.

And, as I have mentioned before, where the heck did Dan get all of those vintage JB pics? I really hope he didn't take advantage of someone close to Jimmy and post them to boost his own credo.
Hi, SharkysMVI.

Thanks for the kind words. It is disgusting and unethical what Dan ended up doing with BTTI. All of us and myself included were hoodwinked. I spent the last two weeks trying to work with Mville and everyone else to get this show still on but at the end of the day just isn't possible. At the end of the day I volunteered and hoped one day this would turn into a career change. Jimmy and his music has had such a profound impact on my life and I thought we were doing something good. Dan lied to everyone and told different narratives to different people. He has run off with hundreds of thousands of dollars from investors, tickets, and sales. He has betrayed every single person and it is just horrific. I am a big believer in karma and know the universe is just. It will take time but I am working with other great people to launch a new concept that pays tribute to songwriters like Jimmy. Good times and riches and son of a ......

Fins up everyone.
"Tragedies very often become comedies, and they better become comedies real fast or else you're in a lot of trouble..." - Jimmy, 1978.
kwbooklvr
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by kwbooklvr »

Hi Fins Up, sorry to hear all this. I too believe in karma and it will happen, I have no doubt. 😽😽
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

FinsUp6835 wrote: October 6, 2022 2:14 pm
SharkysMV1 wrote: October 6, 2022 9:03 am This whole situation s*cks. Over on FB a band is saying they are getting stiffed for a performance BTTI booked them for, people mentioned attempted credit card fraud after they purchased BTTI items in KW (I'm glad I've only used paypal).

Hi, SharkysMVI.

Thanks for the kind words. It is disgusting and unethical what Dan ended up doing with BTTI. All of us and myself included were hoodwinked. I spent the last two weeks trying to work with Mville and everyone else to get this show still on but at the end of the day just isn't possible. At the end of the day I volunteered and hoped one day this would turn into a career change. Jimmy and his music has had such a profound impact on my life and I thought we were doing something good. Dan lied to everyone and told different narratives to different people. He has run off with hundreds of thousands of dollars from investors, tickets, and sales. He has betrayed every single person and it is just horrific. I am a big believer in karma and know the universe is just. It will take time but I am working with other great people to launch a new concept that pays tribute to songwriters like Jimmy. Good times and riches and son of a ......

Fins up everyone.
Damn. That really stinks. Special place in hell for Dan. Would be lyin' if I didn't see something coming that would end BTTI (nothing like this ponzi stuff & major theft).

Sorry for everything your going through Jay. Stay well. Fins Up!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)