Final April WEDNESDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Final April WEDNESDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning !

We have an "Administrative Professional's Day" breakfast this morning at 7:00 ------ our office hours are 8-4:30. There is some rumbling among the minions on how this is a nice gesture :).

Last night we met with our financial advisor to sign the paperwork as it pertains to our mortgage/retirements coming up at the end of June, etc.

The auctioneer told Kelly & I basically what Kevin & I already knew. Nothing in mom's house is worth anything monetarily (except for the possibility of some jewelry ONLY if is it 24k gold -- there is no way to know because she has boxes and boxes of it). So, we are hiring the auctioneer to pretty much some in, pack up everything, and line up someone to take all of the furniture (SOME of which we might get a few $ for), donate what she can and then with us then arranging for disposal of what's left. The auctioneer will sort and examine the jewelry to pull out any of the good stuff. At the bottom of the quote she wrote 'EXPENSES WILL, MORE THAN LIKELY, EXCEED ANY PROCEEDS". Not a shock and we're just glad to get this part moving and off of our plate asap.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Final April WEDNESDAY @ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Linda. The temperature is supposed to be in the high 70s today so I'm back to wearing shorts.

It's Wednesday so it's time to head to the supermarket and get my senior citizen discount. Yes, I'm cheap. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good afternoon Larry and Linda! :)

Linda - sorry about the news, but at least you were expecting it. Hope there's SOME good news in there.

Oh, and no one here remembered it was Admin Prof. Day. Figures. :roll:

Larry - I've been asking for discounts now - I just have to remember them!

It's sunny and 76 here. Just wish I was out in it.

E and I are going to a Cheese making class at our favorite brewery tonight. :D Then we'll use it on pizza's this weekend!
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Cheese? There's cheese?!!!!
I'm on a bleu cheeze kick and at one place I get dressing and crumbles on my salad. At another eatery, a waitress we know makes a face when I order it. She says, "It's mold!"
Last edited by bodypainter on April 24, 2024 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: April 24, 2024 11:10 am Good morning Linda. The temperature is supposed to be in the high 70s today so I'm back to wearing shorts.

It's Wednesday so it's time to head to the supermarket and get my senior citizen discount. Yes, I'm cheap. :lol:
Before I retired Jim did the shopping at the one store in town that offered a Senior discount day, because he retired twice, both before I did! :lol:
By the time I retired they stopped that program. Very annoying! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
bodypainter wrote: April 24, 2024 3:50 pm Cheeze? There's cheese?!!!!
I'm on a bleu cheeze kick and at one place I get dressing and crumbles on my salad. At another eatery, a waitress we know makes a face when I order it. She says, "It's mold!"
No... it is moldY... big difference! :wink: :-?
How does she feel if you order mushrooms? Those are pure fungus! :lol:
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good afternoon gang!

We're heading down to about 26 degrees early tomorrow morning.
I know we don't have much of an NFL crowd here but tomorrow at 8 pm the NFL draft will begin in Detroit. Not sure how early those attending in person will be getting down there but I'm guessing they'll be plenty of knuckleheads who'll start tailgating in the early AM hours. Temps there will be starting at 30 at sunrise & it will be close to noon before the temps escape the lower/mid 40's. Thankfully full sun is in the forecast & the later the day goes the warmer it will be (55).

Tomorrow is 6 month Dr appointment day for me regarding my type 2 diabetes follow up. Sad to say I'm not expecting any improvements as diet & exercise have not been up to par since the New Year. I'm just hoping I haven't slid backwards since my last appointment which my Dr. termed as acceptable. Only time will tell............
Saltx3 wrote: April 24, 2024 6:04 am Good Morning !

The auctioneer will sort and examine the jewelry to pull out any of the good stuff. At the bottom of the quote she wrote 'EXPENSES WILL, MORE THAN LIKELY, EXCEED ANY PROCEEDS". Not a shock and we're just glad to get this part moving and off of our plate asap.
At least the stress of THAT situation hanging over your head will be put to bed. GOOD NEWS!!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Caribbean Soul wrote: April 24, 2024 4:36 pm No... it is moldY... big difference! :wink: :-?
NO to moldy and fungus here. Ick.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good luck at the doc, Ken!

I get to have another colonoscopy sometime in the next few weeks - lots of belly issues to check on. :(
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Today, here in Oz, it is April 25. ANZAC Day.

A day that commemorates those who have fallen in war and celebrates their, too often, short lives.

It also is a time to support those who did return and those who still serve.

I work with many ex-servicemen and women. I also work with many still in uniform. Almost all of them have deployed to war zones.

ANZAC Day is not about "thanking them for their service", which many feel is just lip service and almost dismissive of their work and service.

ANZAC Day is absolutely about supporting and understanding them all but especially those who struggle with the outcomes of their time in the services.

LEST WE FORGET.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Caribbean Soul wrote: April 24, 2024 4:36 pm
LIPH wrote: April 24, 2024 11:10 am Good morning Linda. The temperature is supposed to be in the high 70s today so I'm back to wearing shorts.

Before I retired Jim did the shopping at the one store in town that offered a Senior discount day, because he retired twice, both before I did! :lol:
By the time I retired they stopped that program. Very annoying! [smilie=grrrrrr.gif]
bodypainter wrote: April 24, 2024 3:50 pm Cheeze? There's cheese?!!!!
No... it is moldY... big difference! :wink: :-?
Ha! I'll hit with that. :lol:
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.