Makin' bacon Sunday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Makin' bacon Sunday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning!

Making some bacon this morning that will be used in a cream of potato soup for dinner.

We're going out to brunch with friends in a few hours.

E's Mom lost her best friend this morning. Roberta lived here in CO, but they have known each other since before E was born, back in Illinois. I loved her like an Aunt. She was a amazing woman. Her late husband was E's Dad's best friend. :( :( :(

Hope you have a good Sunday!
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Makin' bacon Sunday @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Penny. I love good bacon and have it most mornings at our local diner.

Sorry for your family's loss. There is a lot of that as we age.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Penny and Bill. I think jet lag and taking the red-eye flight Thursday night finally caught up to me, I didn't wake up until almost 11:00 this morning. :o

We had a bad thunderstorm last night and it's supposed to rain again today. No rain so far but the temperature is 20 degrees lower than it was yesterday.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

Sorry for the family loss, Penny... :cry: That is quite a long friendship, it had to hit E's Mom very hard. :cry:

Not really a bacon fan here... the only way I like it is on a BLT! And cream of potato soup? That'd be a B-I-G NO as well... I do not like potatoes! :lol: But you are not cooking for me, so ENJOY! :D
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

And I almost missed Sunday too.

Kevin and I spent 2 hours at moms this morning. 8 more bags of trash and 6 bags for donation. Didn’t make a dent.

The rest of today was spent purging and packing. A girlfriend I met on the Nextdoor App in the girlfriend’s group I created has been coming over and taking everything I’ve put out on the porch. Small bookcases, decorations, bed linens, baskets, crocks, picture frames, books…..she’s taking it all. Her neighborhood is having a yard sale next month. She’ll probably make some good money. Unless she keeps most of the stuff. She tells me “you’ve got great stuff”.

We’ve also got 4 bags to add to moms for the Green Drop/Purple Heart pickup on Wednesday.

Soon time for bed…..my eyes burn and are swollen. The pollen has arrived. Big time.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

I hear you on the pollen, Linda. Woke up this morning with a cough and red eyes and a headache. Sometimes my allergies are fine and sometimes they about kill me. I am going to call into work today so I can medicate and meditate 😀

Sorry about your family’s loss, P and E. It is sad to lose someone you have loved for a long time.
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......