New JB vinyl coming this summer

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

New JB vinyl coming this summer

Post by urlcenter »

Mailboat records and Geffen Records are releasing 13 of Jimmy's albums on vinyl this Summer, this includes 3 albums that have never been released on vinyl before. Those albums are Fruitcakes, Barometer Soup and Banana Wind.

Mailboat Records is currently accepting pre-orders at this time for the June releases

Here is the complete list:

June 7
“Living and Dying in ¾ Time” (1974) – Buffett’s fourth album yielded his first Top 40 hit, “Come Monday.” Other favorite tracks include “Pencil This Mustache.”

“One Particular Harbour” (1983) – In addition to the title track, this album included the concert staple “Stars on the Water” and the playful “We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About.”

“Fruitcakes” (1994) – Ume says this was the first Buffett album ever to break into the Top 5 of Billboard’s Top 200. It’s a double LP; in addition to the title song, notable tracks include covers of “Uncle John’s Band” by the Grateful Dead, “Sunny Afternoon” by The Kinks and the Hank Cochran song “She’s Got You,” made famous by Patsy Cline.

July 12
“A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean” (1973) – Released before “Living and Dying in ¾ Time,” this album laid out the boundaries of Buffett’s escapist world with tunes such as “He Went to Paris,” “The Great Filling Station Holdup,” “Grapefruit-Juicy Fruit” and, of course, the anthemic “Why Don’t We Get Drunk.”

“Havana Daydreamin’” (1976) – Buffett nearly broke into Billboard’s Top 20 country album chart with this one, which includes the hangover lament “My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, and I Don’t Love Jesus.”

“Banana Wind” (1996) – This mid-’90s set debuted at No. 4 and added “Jamaica Mistaica” to the Buffett canon.

August 16
“Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes” (1977) – Behold “Margaritaville,” the tune that turned a shifting refrain into one of the biggest hooks in all pop music and gave birth to a business empire.

“Son of a Son of a Sailor” (1978) – This is the one where Buffett revolutionized the concept of paradise by introducing cheeseburgers to its menu.

“Volcano” (1979) – The title track obviously became a major addition to the Buffett setlist. So did “Fins.”

“Barometer Soup” (1995) – Buffett’s cover of James Taylor’s “Mexico” made it onto the charts and the album went to No. 6.

https://www.al.com/life/2024/04/jimmy-b ... mmer.html?
Phinn
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Wonder Why We Ever Go Home
Number of Concerts: 75
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita!

Re: New JB vinyl coming this summer

Post by Phinn »

This is awesome, the 3 I am missing!
Phinns Up!
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

Awesome. Order placed. I have first editions of all the early stuff, now I can archive those!

Keep us posted when thr pre-order dates of all the colored vinyl releases become available!

|\s up!
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

It would also be great to see Zac and Mac release Pirates and Parrots as a vinyl single!
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

Any idea if liner notes will be included?
"Some people never find it..."
Bucarader

Post by Bucarader »

I couldn’t imagine it then not. Although my original first editions have the notes printed on the gatefold, nothing inserted.