Reflection MONDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Reflection MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by Dr.Corona »

Good Morning Gang

Today marks 21 years since my Dad passed a month before his 64th birthday. Passed in his sleep while on a fishing trip with his buds up in Rice Lake Ontario. While he had a heart issue a few years earlier, still couldn't believe it when the news came through from his wife at the time. Just prior to his trip I had thought about asking him to maybe go to a Tiger game soon. Just had a vibe that time was running out for that to happen. He just wasn't the type to reach out & suggest such things. Of course the Tigers really stunk at the time but that didn't really matter.
Moral of the story is/was don't hesitate or put off such things I guess.

Enjoy your 5th day of June all
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Reflection MONDAY @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Ken and BN. I reflected at 4 AM (I don't sleep well) on past concerts and PHriends I've been with. I get to see some Wednesday at Mac's Cleveland show.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Ken and Bill. I need a new clock radio, the clock still works but the radio doesn't play anymore. I don't remember when I bought it but I know I had it when I moved into my last apartment on Long Island and that was in 2008. I can't complain about having to replace something that's 15+ years old and knowing my thrifty self, probably wasn't very expensive. :lol:
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

Waiting to see if it is continuing to rain in NH. Stupid weather.

Looks hazy here but 78. I am sure it is humid.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Afternoon BN! :)

((((Ken)))) Those anniversary dates sure are rough. :(

:lol: Larry - I had to buy one last year for the first time in probably 15 years, and it was nearly impossible to find just a plain/simple one!!

Work is crazy - once again the front desk person called in sick, so I'm stuck here trying to get my work done. :roll:

That's about it from here so far.

And it's raining... again.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

At orthopedic dr for followup on thumb issue. The steroid pack got the huge amount of swelling to go away and eased the pain but didn’t remove it. The only way that will happen is surgery. Probly get a steroid shot today. Hoping to keep surgery at bay for as long as possible. Had the arthroplasty on right thumb 5 yrs ago and I really don’t want to go through it again.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

I know that no one cares but me, but it is still raining in NH and race has been camcelled/postponed. :(
This race will be combined with race next weekend in Bristol. Not sure how they are going to do that. 🙃
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

Saltx3 wrote: June 5, 2023 2:26 pm At orthopedic dr for followup on thumb issue. The superior pack got the huge amount of swelling to
Go away and eased the pain but didn’t remove it. The only way that will happen is surgery. Probly get a steroid shot today. Hoping to keep surgery at bay for as long as possible. Had the arthroplasty on right thumb 5 yrs ago and I really don’t want to go through it again.
(((Linda))) Sorry about the thumb. I face tendon surgery in my right hand sometime in the future. I dread not using my right hand as it heals.

How did like Jay and Molly?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

bodypainter wrote: June 5, 2023 4:25 pm
Saltx3 wrote: June 5, 2023 2:26 pm At orthopedic dr for followup on thumb issue. The superior pack got the huge amount of swelling to
Go away and eased the pain but didn’t remove it. The only way that will happen is surgery. Probly get a steroid shot today. Hoping to keep surgery at bay for as long as possible. Had the arthroplasty on right thumb 5 yrs ago and I really don’t want to go through it again.
(((Linda))) Sorry about the thumb. I face tendon surgery in my right hand sometime in the future. I dread not using my right hand as it heals.

How did like Jay and Molly?
No shot -- this new dr (I didn't particularly care for) pretty must poo-pooed everything all my other dr/surgeons (from the same practice) have told me about my hands. I have a very small neoprene brace on my thumb and that's all for now.

We didn't make it to Jay & Molly . Kevin wasn't feeling well enough to sit outside in the heat.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

So, I'm getting a little better every day but didn't go to work today. I called my doctor's office and they actually had a cancellation tomorrow at
4 00. I'm hopeful that by Wednesday I'll get back to work. Although I'm still weak and dizzy but I think it's because I don't have an appetite, so I'm not eating a lot.
You're Killing Me Smalls
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

melon59 wrote: June 5, 2023 9:06 pm So, I'm getting a little better every day but didn't go to work today. I called my doctor's office and they actually had a cancellation tomorrow at
4 00. I'm hopeful that by Wednesday I'll get back to work. Although I'm still weak and dizzy but I think it's because I don't have an appetite, so I'm not eating a lot.
Hugs from the moog
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Dang, getting old ain’t for sissies. We’re a hot mess!

Sending positive Vacationland vibes to BN. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

moog wrote: June 6, 2023 5:36 am
melon59 wrote: June 5, 2023 9:06 pm So, I'm getting a little better every day but didn't go to work today. I called my doctor's office and they actually had a cancellation tomorrow at
Hugs from the moog
Right back atcha big guy!
You're Killing Me Smalls