2023 tour dates

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: 2023 tour dates

Post by msu#1 »

gypsystargazer wrote: May 18, 2023 6:04 pm Wow! You sound so selfish!!! YOU don't know the health issues. Good grief. Find a different artist cause you sure don't have parrothead compassion. We that care will send well wishes and support our hero.

What and who are you talking to???
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

The 2023 tour dates thread continues to be weird.

Jimmy, I’ll see you at the Chicken Box this summer. Get well.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

Get Well, Jimmy! Health is most important thing. If you get back out there, AWESOME, will take whatever show (large or small) comes my way. So appreciative for everything, then, now, always! Your music & stories have impacted my life! Hopefully, #NOTYET Fins Up!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

Whatever the health issue is, there is no doubt in my mind he has some of the best doctors in the freaking world treating him.
There is also no doubt in my mind that he will be back on stage at some point it in time.

And now, gosh darn it, I also feel that there is no doubt I am going to have to go to that darn show.
"Some people never find it..."
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertai ... 249482007/

So now we know Jimmy was planning more pop up shows and had the contracts signed and at least one was a "festival"

Still believe the others were with coheadlining/ partners.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Showlistener2018
Southeast of disorder
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by Showlistener2018 »

Some artists perform at the main amphitheater at Summerfest when it's not Summerfest. Examples are Lady A/Darius Rucker, Maroon 5, The Black Crowes, Hall & Oates, Keith Urban, Janet Jackson just a few nights ago.
Maybe that'll happen with Jimmy.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

If Buffett does any shows this summer it will be in during the 2nd-3rd week of August. Peter has a packed June and July tour schedule set and Mac has a handful of shows as well in that time. Both have no shows schedule in that 2nd-4th week August timeframe. Since 2013 he has played at Great Woods the 2nd Saturday in August, that date is still open and it one of the few if not only Saturday this summer they have not scheduled a show there. He has played at Great Woods more than any other artist the venue history AND he has played at Great Woods more times he has played any place else. So little doubt they are holding it the 12th open for him. And most often he does a Jones Beach show a weekday before Great Woods and Jones Beach has both Tuesday the 8th and Thursday the 10th open. So it is very easy to see, IF he does get back out this summer doing a small run of shows in August. Like a Charleston, Jones Beach, Great woods on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday that week.

But regardless of if he does or doesn't play at Great Woods this summer there is little doubt August 12th at Great Woods hasn't been filled yet for a reason and that is they are holding it for him.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: June 2, 2023 1:18 pm If Buffett does any shows this summer it will be in during the 2nd-3rd week of August. Peter has a packed June and July tour schedule set and Mac has a handful of shows as well in that time. Both have no shows schedule in that 2nd-4th week August timeframe. Since 2013 he has played at Great Woods the 2nd Saturday in August, that date is still open and it one of the few if not only Saturday this summer they have not scheduled a show there. He has played at Great Woods more than any other artist the venue history AND he has played at Great Woods more times he has played any place else. So little doubt they are holding it the 12th open for him. And most often he does a Jones Beach show a weekday before Great Woods and Jones Beach has both Tuesday the 8th and Thursday the 10th open. So it is very easy to see, IF he does get back out this summer doing a small run of shows in August. Like a Charleston, Jones Beach, Great woods on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday that week.

But regardless of if he does or doesn't play at Great Woods this summer there is little doubt August 12th at Great Woods hasn't been filled yet for a reason and that is they are holding it for him.
I like your thinking Pat!
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: June 2, 2023 1:18 pm If Buffett does any shows this summer it will be in during the 2nd-3rd week of August. Peter has a packed June and July tour schedule set and Mac has a handful of shows as well in that time. Both have no shows schedule in that 2nd-4th week August timeframe. Since 2013 he has played at Great Woods the 2nd Saturday in August, that date is still open and it one of the few if not only Saturday this summer they have not scheduled a show there. He has played at Great Woods more than any other artist the venue history AND he has played at Great Woods more times he has played any place else. So little doubt they are holding it the 12th open for him. And most often he does a Jones Beach show a weekday before Great Woods and Jones Beach has both Tuesday the 8th and Thursday the 10th open. So it is very easy to see, IF he does get back out this summer doing a small run of shows in August. Like a Charleston, Jones Beach, Great woods on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday that week.

My guess all along, since it never filled. I'm surprised they held the date that long, with not knowing if is going to play or not. It comes down to how he feels. I could see if not August, and when he feels better to play. Either a Mohegan or TD show in the fall.
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by jbfins »

The GW date does make perfect sense. And since a GW and Jones Beach would be local, along with maybe Bethel Woods and PNC (both of which have T/Th in August open), I hope he is well enough to shoot for something like that. Gives him two months to rest up.
"Some people never find it..."
gypsystargazer
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 30

Post by gypsystargazer »

We are all holding on to hope for a reunion w JB, refferettes and the band. Can't wait! I'll be there. Pine Knob, in Michigan is another favorite venue for Jimmy. Tailgate is a BLAST. The venue has a great marque dedication to JB and many other fabulous artists that have graced the grounds. Was the "shed" way back then I think. 😆🌴🦜🦈🎶Finzup friends. Take good care Jimmy. See you if there's another interview w Chicago Tribune! It's been awhile, Since Escape to Margaritaville. You were so awesome to meet!!!
rz33
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by rz33 »

Just a quick update for all, I saw Mac perform at City Winery in Boston last night-what a great performance as I have never seen him solo before, played 2 hours-it was just him, Eric Darken on percussion and special guest and new Boston area resident Jim Mayer.

Mac started the show after spending the weekend and yesterday with Jimmy working on the new album and basically said "Jimmy is itching to get back out and play but is waiting for medical clearance" to move forward.

Hopefully he gets good news soon.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

rz33 wrote: June 6, 2023 8:16 am Just a quick update for all, I saw Mac perform at City Winery in Boston last night-what a great performance as I have never seen him solo before, played 2 hours-it was just him, Eric Darken on percussion and special guest and new Boston area resident Jim Mayer.

Mac started the show after spending the weekend and yesterday with Jimmy working on the new album and basically said "Jimmy is itching to get back out and play but is waiting for medical clearance" to move forward.

Great to hear that.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
C4Parrothead
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at 40 / Someday I will / Little Miss Magic / DelaneyTalks
Number of Concerts: 36
Favorite Boat Drink: Tito’s

Post by C4Parrothead »

rz33 wrote: June 6, 2023 8:16 am Just a quick update for all, I saw Mac perform at City Winery in Boston last night-what a great performance as I have never seen him solo before, played 2 hours-it was just him, Eric Darken on percussion and special guest and new Boston area resident Jim Mayer.

Mac is incredible live! He's a poet with his lyrics & storytelling. A magician at his craft, on the (many) guitars!

Good stuff on Bubba! He will be back!
Someday I will.

Latest Tour Stops:
-Dublin, Ireland 9.21.19 - SOASOAS (33)
-Red Rocks 9.9.21 - Slack Tide (34)
-Raleigh 4.23.22 - Life on the Flip Side (35)
-Charlotte 4.30.22 - Life on the Flip Side (36)
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

TommyBahama wrote: June 3, 2023 7:48 am

My guess all along, since it never filled. I'm surprised they held the date that long, with not knowing if is going to play or not. It comes down to how he feels. I could see if not August, and when he feels better to play. Either a Mohegan or TD show in the fall.
I haven't been in several years but I WILL make it to this if it happens, because I kind of think his touring days may be ending. Gives me no joy to say that, but if does GW in August, I'll be there.
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

Surprised that we still haven't gotten a tentative reschedule date for the Charleston show yet. The fact we haven't suggests that even if Jimmy was feeling well enough to get back on stage and perform a few songs, some of his health issues are still definitely persisting.

While the issues are clearly not that serious, I still do think it is time to maybe start speculating on what year it might end up being that he does an official farewell tour, or if he will even be able to do a full farewell tour when the time eventually does come. If this is going to be the new normal- announcing shows and then seeing if they are a go or not pending his health- then he may only be able to do a few shows per year when the time comes around that he does eventually start thinking about retiring from touring.

All the more reason why Jimmy should start including maybe one or two rarities that we haven't heard in 10-15 years in the setlist of every show he does end up playing later this year.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

atmarler26 wrote: June 25, 2023 11:46 am Surprised that we still haven't gotten a tentative reschedule date for the Charleston show yet. The fact we haven't suggests that even if Jimmy was feeling well enough to get back on stage and perform a few songs, some of his health issues are still definitely persisting.

While the issues are clearly not that serious, I still do think it is time to maybe start speculating on what year it might end up being that he does an official farewell tour, or if he will even be able to do a full farewell tour when the time eventually does come. If this is going to be the new normal- announcing shows and then seeing if they are a go or not pending his health- then he may only be able to do a few shows per year when the time comes around that he does eventually start thinking about retiring from touring.

All the more reason why Jimmy should start including maybe one or two rarities that we haven't heard in 10-15 years in the setlist of every show he does end up playing later this year.
Mac played a solo show at City Winery in Boston on June 6th, he opened the show with an update on Jimmy and touring. According to Mac Jimmy is raring to go he just needs a medical clearance from one doctor. Jimmy and the CRB have been busy working on the up coming album "Equal Strain on All Parts". Mac said that Jimmy and the CRB will be back on the road as soon as possible
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

urlcenter wrote: June 25, 2023 12:45 pm
atmarler26 wrote: June 25, 2023 11:46 am Surprised that we still haven't gotten a tentative reschedule date for the Charleston show yet. The fact we haven't suggests that even if Jimmy was feeling well enough to get back on stage and perform a few songs, some of his health issues are still definitely persisting.

Mac played a solo show at City Winery in Boston on June 6th, he opened the show with an update on Jimmy and touring. According to Mac Jimmy is raring to go he just needs a medical clearance from one doctor. Jimmy and the CRB have been busy working on the up coming album "Equal Strain on All Parts". Mac said that Jimmy and the CRB will be back on the road as soon as possible
"While the issues are clearly not that serious,". I offer this respectfully but I don't understand your assumption. He could be suffering from heart issues which may include A-fib, This is something that needs to be under control. And I can promise you if it kicks in while you're away from home your trip will be ruined. I know from experience. Yes, I know I'm just pointing out a possibility. None of us really know what's wrong. Low impact activities are usually fine until the condition is somewhat under control. And activities don't necessarily cause A-fib to kick in but it sure is nice to be close to home and your docs if it does. It can kick in while sitting and watching TV. But it is scary. Anyway, he could be suffering from any number of issues that require rest and no more than low impact activity.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

palmettopirate wrote: June 26, 2023 7:53 am
urlcenter wrote: June 25, 2023 12:45 pm

"While the issues are clearly not that serious,". I offer this respectfully but I don't understand your assumption. He could be suffering from heart issues which may include A-fib, This is something that needs to be under control. And I can promise you if it kicks in while you're away from home your trip will be ruined. I know from experience. Yes, I know I'm just pointing out a possibility. None of us really know what's wrong. Low impact activities are usually fine until the condition is somewhat under control. And activities don't necessarily cause A-fib to kick in but it sure is nice to be close to home and your docs if it does. It can kick in while sitting and watching TV. But it is scary. Anyway, he could be suffering from any number of issues that require rest and no more than low impact activity.
Again as I posted yesterday, according to Mac Jimmy needs a medical clearance from a doctor in Boston in order to resume performing live shows. Mac said Jimmy is raring to get back to performing live shows, and has been working on the new album with the CRB. Jimmy also made a surprise appearance at Peter Mayer's show on Long Island a couple of weeks ago where he performed a couple of songs.
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

palmettopirate wrote: June 26, 2023 7:53 am"While the issues are clearly not that serious,". I offer this respectfully but I don't understand your assumption. He could be suffering from heart issues which may include A-fib, This is something that needs to be under control. And I can promise you if it kicks in while you're away from home your trip will be ruined. I know from experience. Yes, I know I'm just pointing out a possibility. None of us really know what's wrong. Low impact activities are usually fine until the condition is somewhat under control. And activities don't necessarily cause A-fib to kick in but it sure is nice to be close to home and your docs if it does. It can kick in while sitting and watching TV. But it is scary. Anyway, he could be suffering from any number of issues that require rest and no more than low impact activity.
That was not what I meant. By saying that they were "not that serious" I meant not serious enough to be life threatening at this moment in time.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018