2023 Storm, Ravens, Hornets

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Re: 2023 Storm, Ravens, Hornets

Post by johnson2113 »

The first game we lost 10-0. Might have been better if Bub was catching.

The second we game we won 13-2. Bub was pitching. He is on a different level. This isn't a biased uncle speaking. It is a photographer that sees the game like no one else.

Look at the forearm. He looks like a baseball player like no one else does.

Getting a little ego. He's earned it. :lol:

Maybe a little bit of editing, but I shot everything.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

He's the only one that has pitched a complete game. Across the board. Freshman, C-Team, JV, Varsity and he is a catcher that doesn't get to catch! :lol: :evil: :pirate:
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

LOVE the moon in the background!! :D
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

SMLCHNG wrote: April 6, 2023 8:39 pm LOVE the moon in the background!! :D
:D Thank you. Usually, I'm on top of the moon for great shots and completely missed it that night. Tried to get shots with it in the background.

I can go into a lot of detail about the BS I see from coaches all over the county that have no idea what they are doing, who they are coaching. The guy Bub beat out for catcher got to play on the varsity team the other night. He was yanked after the second inning :o I've only seen one catcher yanked in all the years I have been shooting. It was that bad.

But I don't have time to worry about baseball. Nothing until Monday. The Storm are playing in the Regionals tomorrow. Rolling in as the number 3 seed. We have some butt to kick.

I hear rumors that they may or may not play after this. :o :pirate:

They better continue on. I'm ready to roll, wherever state is!
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Well, we went undefeated in in pool play, 3-0 in matches, 9-0 in sets and pulled the number 2 seed. But we were the only undefeated team. :evil: :evil: :evil:

As always if you are bored.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34photography/albums

Ryanne had to do some outside hitting. She got up and got most of her hits over.

These two crack me up. It looks intense but they were just having fun.

Bub had a night the other night. Watch here and let him tell you about it.
https://twitter.com/bryson_dickey/statu ... 1586131968
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

High school baseball has been pretty cool. The vast majority of the guys I have shot are all at one high school, but there are also quite a few at different high schools. They've all stopped and hollered at me. Last night a guy I shot for just half of a season was on the other team. I went over before the game and hollered at him.

It took him a couple of seconds to realize who I was and then he started telling all of his teammates, "This is my photographer from my old team."

Gives me a lot of faith in the next generation, bunch of really great kids, going to be much better adults than my generation.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Well, what better way to finish the season than in a bloodbath, literal and figurative. We got our butts handed to us.

My man, not Bub, but Cole played shortstop and hustled hard for every play, played awesome and he made a diving attempt for a ground ball that bounced off the turf then off his nose.

Fair warning after this, it's pretty bloody.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The first four albums are the freshman team, most of the guys WE all know, and the C-Team, a few guys WE know and Bub. Highlights and then highlights in Black and White.

My sister and brother in law somehow got roped into doing the end of the year, banquet video. So I went out and shot the seniors and varsity.

Now we jump into club ball.

The bad news, we are down a couple of players. One knee surgery and another a broken nose and broken hand.

We will skip the good news, great news, and amazing news and jump into the EPIC news.

Bub's club team has partnered with a national organization, called WOW FACTOR.

Who the hell knows where this is going to take Bub. Struggling to get attention in high school and club. This will lead to D-1 attention. We go from effing around with a po-dunk local team to him possibly getting the full ride he has earned.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

johnson2113 wrote: May 28, 2023 8:23 pm The first four albums are the freshman team, most of the guys WE all know, and the C-Team, a few guys WE know and Bub. Highlights and then highlights in Black and White.

My sister and brother in law somehow got roped into doing the end of the year, banquet video. So I went out and shot the seniors and varsity.

Now we jump into club ball.

The bad news, we are down a couple of players. One knee surgery and another a broken nose and broken hand.

We will skip the good news, great news, and amazing news and jump into the EPIC news.

Bub's club team has partnered with a national organization, called WOW FACTOR.

Who the hell knows where this is going to take Bub. Struggling to get attention in high school and club. This will lead to D-1 attention. We go from effing around with a po-dunk local team to him possibly getting the full ride he has earned.
[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

:D :D :D :D :D

I love my life, I'm having so much fun.

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

When Bub moved over to the Hornets it was a bunch of ball players. We are a bloody single A team now. Lost so much talent, added zero talent. Bub is miserable right now. Playing garbage tournaments and still losing.

I don't even know.

Now we have to drive to Omaha for a tournament with 4 teams, everyone else is playing in 30+ team tournaments and we are fooling around in these single A "S" shows.

On the bright side, Bub is always playing, and his ERA is an amazing 0.00 but his batting average is .000. But no one else on the team can hit anymore either.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Bub had a day. He went from a .000 batting average to leading the team in a weekend and having OPS of over 1000.

https://twitter.com/bryson_dickey/statu ... 1050484737

Today he's playing in an invite only, showcase event. He drove himself, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, his personal photographer, did not attend. He wanted to go out there without the pressure of anyone watching him.

God love him. I had a feeling he would want to do that. It's a struggle not to be there, but he needs this moment of independence.

He's played 7 games this summer, he's pitched one and caught 7 games. They are burning his arm. He came over to a hell of a team and now it's a bunch of recreation players, he's not very happy. If I said what he told me, I wouldn't be able to post it.

Send some PHIN power to Bub, he's got the ability and the talent to get to a great college. Send him some of your best thoughts to get through this summer and better options will come his way.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I have pictures processing right now. I'm jumping through my nose to get things done for most of this weekend. I think an off weekend is coming up. Maybe I can fine some quality shots in this mess.

To call this team anything less than a mess, this season anything less than a disaster would be a compliment.

Bub's already at 100+ innings caught. Everyone worries about pitchers, but Bub was behind the plate for more pitches in a weekend than the team's top pitcher had thrown this season.

Bub has caught every game but about 3. He was supposed to catch a meaningless game and he told the coaches he couldn't. Proud of him to stand up for himself when there was about only one other person who wanted to call the coaches out for their BS.

I was standing there talking to the top pitcher for one of the games Bub didn't catch. He was on third, ran home and scored, and the 'pitcher' said that was smooth. It was a great run and slide.

I told the 'pitcher' to do the same thing. He told me he couldn't do that.

Last night the 'pitcher' was on third, tagged up, ran hard for home, and slid in very smoothly. I just went through the pictures. He's going to get a lecture tomorrow, "don't tell me you can't do something". The field is within walking distance of my place, I'm going to be there before anyone and waiting on him.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I have no idea where I left off. The summer season is finished. Bub caught 161 innings.

The crybaby that left the team and was put on the high school varsity team because he joined the high school coach's club caught 100 less innings than Bub. Bub did not get a break, he did not get as much of a break as an MLB catcher.

This is the poster I made for the whole team, but just because it was what I made for Bub catching 161 INNINGS!.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The four girls on the "KC Storm", now Building Champions - Gold, made the A-Team of their middle school team. The coach still only has about half of a clue to what she is doing.

They played another middle school team. It was ugly. Ryanne didn't even get to rotate into the second game.

Here's her reaction.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Now, you BN'ers can dig through my posts and find pics, and I regret to inform you she is almost a teenager.

I started this carnival of shooting Bub at 5 years old playing flag football. Now he is getting attention from colleges, and the Terminator is playing middle school volleyball.

If I have learned anything, 'school' ball is an absolute waste of time. She should just be playing club ball.

Bub dropped football, and now he is just focused on baseball. I have no idea what next year is going to play out like, but I have some ideas.

The high school baseball coach is coming to the realization that Bub is the guy he needs to ride into a great season. I'm hoping, I have my fingers crossed, that all the dinks will be playing second fiddle to Bubbalicious. Bub's pop time is equivalent to the kid backing up Salvador Perez.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Oh, and that pic of Bub is him throwing out a kid stealing after a strike out. Strike 'em out, throw 'em out doubleplay.