Moderator: SMLCHNG

palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Jimmy Buys a Rod & Reel

Post by palmettopirate »

Jimmy Buffett goes into the big World Wide Sportsman Bass Pro Shop in Islamorada to buy a rod and reel. He's kind of undecided and just grabs one and goes over to the counter.
The clerk was standing behind the counter wearing dark shades.
He says to him, "Excuse me, sir. Can you tell me anything about this rod and reel?"
He says, "Yes sir. I'm completely blind, but if you'll drop it on the counter, I can tell you everything from the sound it makes."
JB doesn't believe him but drops it on the counter anyway.
He says, "That's a six-foot Shakespeare graphite rod with a Zebco 404 reel and 10-LB. Test line. It's a good all-around combination, and it's on sale this week for only $20.00."
Buffett says, "It's amazing that you can tell all that just by the sound of it dropping on the counter. I'll take it!" He grabs his credit card but drops it on the floor.
"Oh, that sounds like a Master Card," the clerk says.
Jimmy bends down to pick it up and accidentally passes gas.
At first he is really embarrassed, but then realizes there is no way the blind clerk could tell it was him who pooted. Being blind, he wouldn't know that he was the only person around?
The man rings up the sale and says, "That'll be $34.50 please."
JB is totally confused by this and asks, "Didn't you tell me the rod and reel were on sale for $20.00? How did you get $34.50?"
He replies, "Yes sir. The rod and reel is $20.00, but the Duck Call is $11.00, and the Catfish Bait is $3.50."
Jimmy just paid it and left without saying a word.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Re: Jimmy Buys a Rod & Reel

Post by Dr.Corona »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm passing this one on.......
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image