2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

Re: 2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

Post by johnson2113 »

Let's have some fun, before I vent a little or maybe I will vent while we have a little fun. :pirate:

Major level baseball is a different animal. I know plenty of athletes at lower levels, that just do not have the mentality of a baseball player.
Porter (left) was putting Cole's(right) eye black on, he put it on too heavy and Cole run out of the dugout to the bathroom to wash it off. Everyone was laughing and having fun. It was a fantastic enviroment.

Levi, he is a 'pitcher-only', he does play some first and right field when needed, but he focused on pitching. He hit a walk off in bracket play. It was an exciting moment. He hit a double to left-center, Brock and Bub scored to win the game.

Bub sliding across home to win the game.

The team was out of the dugout and running across the field as Bub slid across the plate, then he was up and turning to run towards Levi.

Leaping chest bump.

I like Levi, he's a fun kid, he's into it. He poses for the camera without posing for the camera. A damn good, funny kid and a hell of a pitcher.

Trying to wink into the sun.

I can do nothing more than shake my head. All these major players have shin guards, elbow guards, oven mitts, etc. Finally I see somone foul a ball off their leg, and it has to be Bub, and he has been crippled for the last couple of weeks, and I don't think he is playing this weekend.

I have to do laundry and clean camera cards, if anyone wants a rant I'll share it later.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I am going to try...

If you have the GameChanger App on you phone...

BTL Hornets 14U Major/ BTL Hornets 14U Barnes/Mojica

I have searched and searched, on the APP look for BTL Hornets/Barnes Mojica/14U.
Some combination will lead you to the team. This weekend, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday-----, we will be playing, Bub will be playing.

I'm not sure what the account is, I will try to update and you can watch the game live from the account if you want.

I have no idea what is going, Ryanne went to a volleyball camp the coaches are already trying to get her on a new team, one of Bub's friends said "You did not tell me how good your sister is." I cannot keep up with it all.

Keep an eye out for those Dickey kids, two wrongs can make a right, or in this case two rights. D-I-C-K-E-Y. Remember that name.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The Hornets went out to Kentucky last week to play in the Youth Nationals. I did my research. We were set up to roll it, run the table, go wire to wire. With any luck, that will change in the fall season. Lost to three teams we had no business losing to, got rung up in the first round. Pool play, I can forgive, I don't care. Brackets are won or done.

Like Jerry said, "I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong."

Sunday's bracket games, our first at bat ended with a thud.

Porter, started as catcher, ended up in the ER. The team was fired up and ready to go. After this series a pictures, they were running on adrenaline, and they ran through it fast.

Luckily, just a mild concussion and nothing broken, but I still cannot get that sound out of my head.

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Look how far it bounced back off his face. :o This dude is a badazz.
johnson2113 wrote: July 1, 2022 9:14 pm Luckily, just a mild concussion and nothing broken, but I still cannot get that sound out of my head.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: July 2, 2022 6:09 pm Look how far it bounced back off his face. :o This dude is a badazz.
johnson2113 wrote: July 1, 2022 9:14 pm Luckily, just a mild concussion and nothing broken, but I still cannot get that sound out of my head.
It was crazy, I can still hear it when I look at that picture. That was the other team's top pitcher he was throwing mid 70s. He was done for the day, mild concussion. He wanted to stay but he was out of it. I think he took three or four pitches to the head over the time he was on the team. That was definitely the worst.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

The Ravens are done, it was always the plan at this age. If you had any desire to keep playing baseball you have to be on a club team. Hank moved over to the Hornets, a couple of other guys are on the lower Hornets teams.

Five of the original Sharks have pitched for the Hornets this season. I don't know what's going to happen, I'm not too confident right now. I'm thinking George Carlin, "It's a big club and you ain't a part of it."

Anyways I have to wait until December for volleyball.

Here's some first pitch vs most recent pitch.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Strap in. I believe I have hit my Joe Merchant moment. I'm going to apologize for being selfish, everyone I know gets to be I hate that it is here that I'm going to be selfish, but I have nowhere else to go right now.

"They" invited me out to Bub's first football game. I didn't need an invite, I was going to go anyway, but back then there was still a little bit of humanity in them. I was pretty much a novice to shooting anything other than the kids. I was just going to shoot Bub, and I got into the moment, it was everybody and anything, the whole shebang. And I got to know the players, and the people, and the game. Ninety-nine percent of every game I had ever watched was on TV.

I was in it, I was living it, I was experiencing it. As the years progressed, I didn't just know the players, I could outthink them. I knew what they were going to do before they did. I could predict it, I could see it before it happened. From game to game, sport to sport. Every aspect of my life improved. My photography, my designs, my creativity, my passion for life.

I lived for the games the moments, and to top it all off, I had the best damn player on the field. Every sport, he excelled. I tried to give those that were responsible as much credit as I could, and I did not do them enough justice. I want to say I have become too emotionally involved. Well, that's BS, because I have watched these players, these athletes, closer than anyone. Coaches focused on something else, moms chatting, dads chatting, grandparents chatting, and on and on and on. My focus has been the athletes from the first pitch, to the last down. In a decade I can count three games I have missed. A flat tire, a concert, and babysitting a BBQ campsite at the American Royal.

I've watched go from little guys, terrified of the pitch, scared to make a tackle to young men that are world class athletes. I know talent, I know high sports IQ, I know when a guy is pitching beyond his years and facing a bunch of hitters that are still too scared to swing the bat. And there is a group of men that I know is entirely responsible for that.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Tonight was Bub's first high school football game. The man I have watched lead his team over the years. The man who has not been a captain because his dad was a coach, but because he earned. Because his dad, as a coach, would not do that if he wasn't the right go on the field.

I am a very biased son of a gun, and his dad would be biased in the other way, to make sure he wasn't biased. Confusing.

Bub very rarely played offense. The freshman coach put him on offense, and third string defense. Not only that, Bub played three downs until the fourth quarter then was put in garbage time at safety.

Now, for the 'audience', the audience being the baseball parents, football parents, that the vast majority I have known a decade. I made a snide comment for them, got a laugh. Bub's parents 'SHUSHED' me. The people I have done anything and everything for shushed me over a jack*** coach that couldn't hear what I said.

They will pick anyone and everyone over me, I get passionate about these amazing athletes, not amazing because I watch them and shoot them, but amazing because they are and I compare them to everyone they face. And these very bad words are absolutely terrified of their shadows, of some jerk that does not know a quarterback from Nickleback. I'm trying to keep it good, I swear I am.

All they had to was laugh with everyone else. Have fun in the moment and I would have been cool. I could deal with Bub not playing, but when they drag their haggard, fat, ugly mouths in and spit in my face. Maybe I'm way off base here. But, I will tell you I am not. The last couple of years they have drawn a line in the sand, and then they stuck theirs in it. Anyways, Bub is on the bench in football and baseball and Ryanne doesn't play until December and I may have thrown myself off a cruise ship by then...

I don't know, I don't feel like I have gotten my thoughts out of my rotting brain properly, maybe it just boils down to EVERYONE is WRONG, and I AM the ONLY PERSON that is RIGHT. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

No worries, I'll fake my death before I start doing really bad things. :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Well, I'm flying, All Night Long, but I ain't doing it to GNR. One moment.

I'm trying to find my greatest, my most important point.

Maybe I need a declaration, good Lord, a manifesto? :pirate: :lol:

Number 1, I don't trust anyone, anymore. I was always taught not trust anyone over, what? 30? Over 30, under 30, over 60, under 60, who even knows anymore. Let me share a story. One more moment.

When the Hornets went out to Kentucky, one of the things the team competed in was a skills competition. One of them was a pitching contest. Who pitches the fastest, we won that one. But when the guys were up there pitching, they started slapping the p*ss out of each other. Our guys were beating each other and screaming. Everyone stopped to watch us, it was a total blast. We were laughing and having fun. We were in the moment, we were L-I-V-I-N it. They were firing themselves up, it was glorious, it was awesome. They pushed themselves to a win.

Whether we live in a black and white world, or a gray world, it is up to each individual person to decide. Jimmy's music is not just some hippy noise for me, I don't listen to the music, I hear the music. I don't read the lyrics, I study the lyrics. Movies if they are great, I watch them repeatedly. I study them. I feel them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Zw9rdkR7E

This is the quintessential line from any movie for me.

"You define the moment, or the moment defines you."

Cheech is wrong, par is never good enough.

Par is on the left, an eagle is on the right.

Par is on the left, an eagle is on the right.

Is it funny how it works that way, or is it the F'ing way it is? Par is on the left, an Eagle is on the right. Is the left picture acceptable? What is the right picture? I was not put on this Earth to just accept what I am told. I am here to feel things, experience things, to not accept injustice when it is thrown in my face, for someone to spit in my face and tell me it's raining, to know something so deep into my soul is right and you tell me it's wrong because you are some paid employee of some BS institution that has no history of knowing what's going on, has no knowledge of what has gone on for a decade. This is not just about Bub being on a bench for 3/4 of football game, this is about collection of guys I know are better than the product you are putting on the field. This is about someone who watched a bunch of privileged, pretty people being desirable. versus someone who has strived, worked, bled, sweat, screamed at God, to God, for what everyone was just handed.

Things went a little crazy there, but the simple fact of the matter is, there has been two worlds. I can remember being the morbidly obese kid all through elementary school, junior high, high school, college.

"Now the beautiful people in the magazines" Except it wasn't magazines, it was everyone I knew. They were all pretty, no one ever gave me a second thought. Just there. A couple broke up, "Oh, let's find him a new girlfriend." Introduce me to anyone? Nope.

Now, the fact is I am better than them. I have always been, but now I'm fit and not some morbidly obese, hideous monster, but they all still treat me like that. The problem is I still act like it and allow them to treat me like that.

I would like to truly apologize to all of you, my posts are just supposed to be about my incredible athletes, my heart, my soul, my passion. High school coaches are already talking about how amazing Ryanne is. She ain't going to be much taller than she is now, but she is MF'ing a** kicker and there are some people that realize it. I wish people would realize that her brother is leading the way for her.

Nope, no, no, no, no. Gotta keep our mouths shut, we just have to accept people that don't know half of what we know are more right than we are. Don't say anything to those people whose salary we are paying

TL;DR Jerred is right, has always been right, is never wrong/ Everyone else is wrong, always wrong, never wrong and limp wristed.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

It is after midnight, and I cannot calm down. I need to get down to my folks' tomorrow, today, whatever, whenever. I cannot remember if I ever mentioned it here, pretty sure I haven't. Dad had a botched knee replacement, back in October. On SuperBowl Sunday he had his leg amputated. I spent a month+, taking care of the house, dog, etc. I literally scrubbed their house from top to bottom.

The one time my sister and brother-in-law came down they made a mess of everything, dishes, floors, stove. They literally did nothing, meanwhile, I am taking the kids out running through the snow, which I F'ing hate, they just sat in the house and did nothing. What do I care, I love my niece and nephew, anytime spent with them, I live for.

And then they all go home, I've got to clean and scrub, they did absolutely nothing to help me. Meanwhile, my folks write them a big, fat check every month to help out with expenses, and my checking account just sinks every month. I did not spend one day at my place in damn near 5 months.

I don't know how to say anything without coming off as a martyr. I would do anything for my folks', I would and have done anything for my f*t a** sister and her f*t a** husband, proven it time and time again. Do you think they give one good God d*mn about me? Absolutely not, do they care about the people that shovel money at them? Nope.

I don't want to be, "what about me"?

But what the F about me. I literally sat there and watched them discuss "their" friend and finding him a new girlfriend. Do they introduce me anyone? Do they find me a date? Do they apologize to me for treating me like a second class citizen?

Real tired of being their pet, real tired of being their accessory. What the heck? All Night Long! Right? I get her an amazing gift for "our" birthday, right. Twins. She tells me, "I can't wait for you to see what I got you."

Nothing. She got me nothing. And I repeatedly buy her and her idiot things they want. They buy me stuff they like. Who is the idiot? Damn sure not them.

Now, I know you don't read this to hear what a bunch of low lifes my "family" is. You come for pics.

Who knows what is going to happen with Ravens football, maybe I'm not welcome, maybe I don't get to shoot my guy sitting on the bench, but I will get to shoot some of his baseball teammates playing football. His parents are useless, can't function without someone taking care of them, paying their bills, helping them out with sports. Last time I go anywhere without my truck. :pirate: :D :lol:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

It is 1AM, I am hot and damn sure well beyond half-drunk, well beyond lit, not enough to be....

Well, just listen to the Blackberry Smoke Live album.

Definitely, love to be listening to Everybody Knows... well into Ain't Much Left of Me. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: Well beyond Lesson in a Bottle, Ain't Much Left of Me.

Waiting on lyrics to start.... :pirate:

No one has an ounce of shame. I'm going to be ashamed of what I posted on here tonight, tomorrow. Or there was a time I was.

I have had no Grace, so my fall is probably no sight, but it is turning bad.

At this point I have no idea. So many brilliant people could voice it, share it. I don't even know. I listen to this song, and I feel it, but not a person I know cares. I'm a completely empty shell of the person I once was. Every ounce of my being was for the people I loved. They have totally forsaken me, they do not care. If I say it's sunny, they say it is cloudy, if I say it's raining, they say it is sunny. Do I have to get down on my knees?

Never again. Ain't much left me, just enough to not accept a par.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Speaking of football....Have any thoughts regarding the addition of Adrian Martinez to the K-State program Jerred??

Great recent pics as usual. Don't have any answers regarding your circumstances with the fam & Bub's situation with the team. For sure it's very important stuff in your world. Don't sweat it venting here.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 2, 2022 10:11 am Speaking of football....Have any thoughts regarding the addition of Adrian Martinez to the K-State program Jerred??

Great recent pics as usual. Don't have any answers regarding your circumstances with the fam & Bub's situation with the team. For sure it's very important stuff in your world. Don't sweat it venting here.
Hey, Doc. That's funny, my brother in law, my beast of burden's(my sister), beast of burden, my other beast of burden, is a Husker. It's a different world up there, but I am used to it. I got nothing bad to say about the guy right now. He controlled the game well, I did not think it would turn out like it did.

But... with a guy like Vaughn in the backfield, I think he can make anyone look like a superstar. I'm not sold on Klineman yet, it was a great game. Now if we can do that to OU/UT(SEC), OSU and Baylor I may have to change my thinking.

As far as football/sports, I've calmed down obviously. I had a day, that just dragged me out, kind of followed me for the following 10 days or so. I was supposed to have a meeting at a certain time, I adjusted my schedule to that, then I did not have my meeting until much later. I was not notified.

I'm schedule oriented right now. My world is crazy. I stewed on it, and then I did not even get to finish my joke before I was shushed.

The baseball schedule is ridiculous, I'm at football games on Monday and Thursday. Trying to help my parents, my sister and brother in law, setting up a new computer. I'm stretched a little thin right now. Pictures are going online right now. Tomorrow I go to the folks', Thursday back for Bub's game, Sunday a double header for baseball in Lawrence, Monday another football game.

I got some pics last night that proves it's all worth it. I'll do a big post on them. To top it off, the baseball parents that asked me to shoot one of the Hornet's football games, gave me money last night and now I got to find a way to get that money back to them. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Oh, and I decided I needed to shoot two cameras at the same time and combine all those pictures together. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I've lightened up a little bit this week, or I have internalized it a lot more.
Mondays - Football
Tuesday - Folks to work on their things
Wednesday - Folks to work on their things
Thursday - Football
Friday - Back to the country (maybe)
Saturday - Baseball
Sunday - Baseball

I drove to Lawrence, KS for a glorified practice. Staying here to shoot Bub's baseball teammates' football game tomorrow, back to the nuthouse early Tuesday and Wednesday, up for Ravens football on Thursday, hoping to stick around to drive out to Wichita on Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, back to this hellhole, to stick around for football on Monday, back to the nuthouse on Tuesday and Wednesday, up to Ravens football and maybe shooting 'Homecoming" pictures? :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

I really need to find something to make me laugh, other than my social life. :pirate:

Have some pics.

This cut made 'my' knees hurt.

TY(Ravens/Sharks basebal) put a hit on this kid.

Bub's new baseball teammate dragging half the field with him for a 2 point conversion.

Bub's other new baseball teammate catching an interception.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I have many, many pictures to share, and a few thoughts, but first I have a lot of processing to do. I do understand that video, is the premiere medium. But pictures are still timeless.

In the meantime, enjoy a video of pretty boy. Everything is just, well it is just pretty. The swing, the running.

https://twitter.com/bryson_dickey/statu ... 6826264577
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdilXZxXkAA ... =4096x4096

And just to share a thought, the coach has not a clue what he is looking at. Wants this guy to stop at second, it's an easy triple for him.

Honestly, who can look this good when he is showing off.

So many thoughts to share, I'll do my level best to write them all down.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Oh, goodness. This is preemptive post for a heads up. I have some phenomenal pictures to share. I will post them, but before I get to them...

I have to go and shoot homecoming pictures. I don't do 'posed' pictures, I don't like 'posed' pictures, but I do love the "subjects" I am shooting, and it may be a... an F'ing mess. And the best of the best will be posted here. Gotta get some replies to those. Gotta here from you all.

Let me think...

Be right back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This post is just going to be thoughts.

The first freshman football game I watched, I made a snide comment, guess what, I was right. To say I was right is an understatement. I just made a funny comment, that got me shushed. And hot damn was I mad about that.

"I ain't often wrong, but I'm always right." Not Jerry Garcia, not Jimmy Buffett, Jerred Johnson in 2022.

These parents, don't even know who the head coach is. And they shouldn't ask me, because I'll tell them...

"He's that little half-pint, sawed-off SOB, sucking on his thumb the whole game." The guy that has no idea what he is doing. The offensive guys on defense, the defensive guys on offense, and the tall kid, who was a backup QB his first year playing, that is the starting QB this year.

I am not a tall guy, but I am taller than the rest of these sawed off SOB, but more importantly I know who is what.

Holy crap!!!!

I'm going to post some pics next. Enjoy. Be prepared for pretty pics next. I hope they are pretty.

WTF :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Bub flipped this kid on his stupid, Prairie Village head. This school has literally never played a game, but we lost to them, because our coaches are the worst, dumbest human beings to ever walk the planet. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: F them

If he had a head coach worth a d*mn, he would know how good he is. His coach, now, just tells them they are too stupid to swing at the first pitch, my man has a single and a triple on first pitch. The coach is too stupid to realize the talent he has.

New kid on the team, Kaden, a ball player.

Cob, a little younger, a lot smaller, the damndest ball player I have ever seen.

Brock and Hank, Sharks, Ravens, and now Hornets. Hank got rocked, it was scary.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

johnson2113 wrote: September 25, 2022 8:41 pm I have many, many pictures to share, and a few thoughts, but first I have a lot of processing to do. I do understand that video, is the premiere medium. But pictures are still timeless.
Photo over video any day, Jerred. Love a good crisp sports photo. You really do a nice job with these. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

lime rickie wrote: October 6, 2022 6:09 pm
johnson2113 wrote: September 25, 2022 8:41 pm I have many, many pictures to share, and a few thoughts, but first I have a lot of processing to do. I do understand that video, is the premiere medium. But pictures are still timeless.
Photo over video any day, Jerred. Love a good crisp sports photo. You really do a nice job with these. [smilie=coolup.gif]
Thank you. As damn ugly as baseball has been.

I don't think anyone shot video of the last football game, which the team is supposed to watch the next day. I don't get it. This is not some p*** poor, country high school, like I went to. This is right in the middle of the city, the biggest county in the state, and everyone sucks. Me and maybe a couple of moms shooting pictures. That's it. I have reached my breaking point with some of this stuff.

Hank got a major concussion, he isn't going to school right now, he is out of it.