Livenation return and exchange policy

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Livenation return and exchange policy

Post by spucketts »

I hadn't noticed the link or policy before and was wondering if anyone had taken advantage of it. It states:

>We give you three days to change your mind. All tickets for participating venues and teams are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until one week before the event.*

>We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones. Get a refund on your original purchase when you buy new tickets from us of equal or higher price for participating venues and teams, up until one week before the event.*

I'm assuming that there is no 72 hour limitation on the exchanges. Anyone have experience? The link doesn't give a how-to.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Livenation return and exchange policy

Post by lime rickie »

Never exchanged but I recently cancelled my Jones Beach order with no problem at all the day after I bought them. (I got a "save the date" notice for a wedding for the day of the show. :roll: ) The return policy and how-to is explained in the FAQ/Customer Service section. It does say that cancellation is not permitted for some venues and there is a list of which venues allow cancellations and exchanges.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

spucketts wrote:I hadn't noticed the link or policy before and was wondering if anyone had taken advantage of it. It states:

>We give you three days to change your mind. All tickets for participating venues and teams are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until one week before the event.*

>We'll exchange your tickets if you find better ones. Get a refund on your original purchase when you buy new tickets from us of equal or higher price for participating venues and teams, up until one week before the event.*

I'm assuming that there is no 72 hour limitation on the exchanges. Anyone have experience? The link doesn't give a how-to.
We cancelled a ticket purchase for Bristow this year (we got an upgrade from a BN friend) w/in the 72 hour limit. You need to do this by phone. I had to wait awhile to get a person but my credit card was refunded in 3 business days. No questions asked.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote:
spucketts wrote:I hadn't noticed the link or policy before and was wondering if anyone had taken advantage of it. It states:

We cancelled a ticket purchase for Bristow this year (we got an upgrade from a BN friend) w/in the 72 hour limit. You need to do this by phone. I had to wait awhile to get a person but my credit card was refunded in 3 business days. No questions asked.
I cancelled mine by emailing customer service.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

spucketts
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Like I could pick just one
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Frozen Margarita w salt, salt, salt

Post by spucketts »

Seems here recently that I panic buy the day tickets go on sale but later find better tickets on ticketmaster/livenation as tickets are released. It'd be nice to be able to turn in for better seats. Last year I bought better and sold the originals for less than face value. This year I pulled sec 103 and don't think I'll find better but ya never know. :pirate:
jbfinscj
Lester Polyester
Favorite Buffett Song: Floridays, Tin Cup Chalice, Prince of Tides, Tides, Earles Dead
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Coconut Rum

Post by jbfinscj »

I've upgraded many times over the last two years. For bristow last year and Jacksonville this year live nation let me upgrade for great seats both times (6th and 10th rows respectively)
I'm back to livin' Floridays
Blue skies and ultra-violet rays

tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Post by tigzoe »

I cancelled tickets to GW when I upgraded a few hours later, and I want to say the credit appeared the same day. I think I did it by the contact customer service link on the live nation website. I told them the order number I wanted to cancel and the one I wanted to keep. A few days later, the order I wanted to keep was the only one on my ipod.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."