I give up

Discuss your good and bad ticket buying experiences.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Cnsba
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the Palace
Number of Concerts: 4

I give up

Post by Cnsba »

After having a friend in New Orleans, a sibling at the box office, a wife on a t1 pc at work and me at home, the best we could do at 30 seconds past 10 am , for 2 tickets was fleeping section 22 at Blossom, I officially give up on the saturday morning thing, and am resolved to going back to my old fashioned method, of buying my tickets the day of the show, from a broker, who is going to go broke if he does not sell.. I got row B in pittsburgh for 128 bucks last year at 1 pm, from a ticket broker who had them listed at 600 that morning.. and to use his own words "would never negotiate"

When he is faced with no sale, I love to see how long he will never negotiate...
conch harbor
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Re: I give up

Post by conch harbor »

also check back with the ticket agency...a lot of people buy tickets with bad credit cards and those tickets get kicked back into the system later in the day....I honestly have gotten plenty of tickets that way
stop looking here; there's nothing to see
Cnsba
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Gypsies in the Palace
Number of Concerts: 4

Post by Cnsba »

Oh i know, I see a few opening up already, but i have sort of moved into the acceptance part of it.

Ticket Brokers are always going to get good seats, its the axiom of ticket brokering... a perk shall we say...

Sort of like I work in Law Enforcement , I may not get good concert tickets , but i dont get other types of tickets either.. perk of the job so to speak.

And if you work for Nasa you can see a shuttle launch from mission control , perk of the job that most people never get..

Anyhow, back to the refresh button . I am going to see whats doin for Atlanta.
conch harbor
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by conch harbor »

i just hate to see brokers get a dime
SwissParrotHeads
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris ;-)
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Papa's Pilar Rum

Post by SwissParrotHeads »

conch harbor wrote:also check back with the ticket agency...a lot of people buy tickets with bad credit cards and those tickets get kicked back into the system later in the day....I honestly have gotten plenty of tickets that way
Hmm, I wonder. If I got my confirmation email, that means my CC got accepted?
Reason me asking this is that I know that sometimes banks block CC's when they are used 'outside normal behaviour', which using a Swiss CC to buy a ticket to a show in Mansfield MA (where the heck is Mansfield MA? Just kidding...) maybe is...
You see a tad worried now [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
Paris, France, September 2010. Paris 2011. Paris 2012. 2013. 2015.
Mansfield MA, Great Woods June 18 2011. And June 2012. And 2013!
Jimmy in Key West, MOTM 2011. Unforgettable! And let's not talk about MOTM 2015 :wink:

conch harbor
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by conch harbor »

SwissParrotHeads wrote:
conch harbor wrote:also check back with the ticket agency...a lot of people buy tickets with bad credit cards and those tickets get kicked back into the system later in the day....I honestly have gotten plenty of tickets that way
Hmm, I wonder. If I got my confirmation email, that means my CC got accepted?
Reason me asking this is that I know that sometimes banks block CC's when they are used 'outside normal behaviour', which using a Swiss CC to buy a ticket to a show in Mansfield MA (where the heck is Mansfield MA? Just kidding...) maybe is...
You see a tad worried now [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
oops sorry, didnt mean to make you nervous...you gotta wait on the confirmation...i accidentally bought two Charlotte tix because I got too impatient waiting on my confirmation...it eventually did show up, but not until Mr Impatient bought a second tickie...so yeah...patience.
cam7337
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: SOS
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by cam7337 »

Don't ever give up, even if it not for this year......I have been to 25+ shows......The first year I got tickets the day at the show...yep back then you could just walk up to the ticket office and buy them...I got maybe 3/4 of the way back in the pavilion and thought this is cool, and next year I will get closer.......Then BAM!!!!!! everyone loved the B man!........23 years later I spent watching him on the jumbo screen wishing I could go back to the first show....every year I told myself that next year I would get closer.......every year I ended up on the lawn.......I have gotten 25 years older.....the excitement of the lawn is still there, but would really like to actually see the man.............................DON"T GIVE UP.........I SAY THIS LOUD, WITH ALL THE EXCITEMENT OF A SMALL CHILD AT CHRISTMAS......AND SAYING IT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE I CAN.......11th row, center stage!!!!!!!

It really is going to be a lovely cruise

See you in Charlotte, and for those of you in the lawn......look on that big screen for the guys with the s*** eating grin.......