Pine Knob is back

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Pine Knob is back

Post by msu#1 »

UPDATED THREAD: the below is old , the big announcement is that the name PINE KNOB IS OFFICIALLY BACK! It's now PiNE KNOB MUSIC THEATRE presented by united mortgage....

Go ahead and count that as a win parrotheads.

Pine Knob is announcing their schedule for the summer tomorrow morning at 10 on their website but it could drop earlier in the morning on the radio.

Wondering who they will have and if Jimmy will be coming back....the show last September was the smallest crowd I've ever seen but at the same time bigger than I would've expected with 39 degree rain and one of the first major tours of the covid era.

Will be watching the Facebook feed tomorrow.....
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
chippewa
On a Salty Piece of Land

Re: Pine Knob is back

Post by chippewa »

Most locals never called it anything else. :wink: It probably drove the sponsors crazy when even Jimmy would call the venue "Pine Knob."
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Where is Pine Knob?
Back to livin' Floridays
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: January 14, 2022 4:57 pm Where is Pine Knob?
Clarkston MI, about a half hour north of Detroit. Named after Ski slope & lodge there that I believe opened in the early 1960's. The amphitheater opened in 1972 with the one & only Keith Partridge/AKA David Cassidy :wink: as the first headliner. I saw my first show there in '76....ZZ Top wsg REO Speedwagon!
Put that stuff in your memory bank CNF so when you go on Jeopardy & the category "Pine Knob" comes up you'll have a few answers in your back pocket :lol:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 15, 2022 9:47 am
Clarkston MI, about a half hour north of Detroit. Named after Ski slope & lodge there that I believe opened in the early 1960's. The amphitheater opened in 1972 with the one & only Keith Partridge/AKA David Cassidy :wink: as the first headliner. I saw my first show there in '76....ZZ Top wsg REO Speedwagon!
Put that stuff in your memory bank CNF so when you go on Jeopardy & the category "Pine Knob" comes up you'll have a few answers in your back pocket :lol:
Thanks, I will!
Back to livin' Floridays
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: January 15, 2022 10:29 am
Thanks, I will!
:lol: :lol:
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 15, 2022 1:19 pm
Crazy Navy Flyer wrote: January 15, 2022 10:29 am
Thanks, I will!

:lol: :lol:
Useless but important information!
MiParrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Kraken & Coke

Post by MiParrothead »

Since we're on the topic of Pine Knob, any rumors of a 2022 date for Jimmy?
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

MiParrothead wrote: January 18, 2022 3:50 pm Since we're on the topic of Pine Knob, any rumors of a 2022 date for Jimmy?
It's Pine knobs 50th anniversary this summer they have already announced that they're going big time in celebrating it especially with losing so much the past two years they made it sound like they were going after every big name they could get that wasn't already scheduled somewhere else like remade up dates for canceled concerts downtown at Comerica Jimmy was part of a movie that Pine Knob started making last fall to celebrate the anniversary and air on local pbs. He shot his part during the September cold ass concert. He's a big part of pine knobs history so I would be shocked if he's not there this summer
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

The Alpine show announced today is dashing my hopes of a show 😭😭😭. Since we know he normally likes to knock out the Midwest out at the same time.

I haven’t crossed checked PKs schedule but I guess our hope lies in the Tuesday before Cincy now?!?!

ETA- scratch that, he’s in MD on Tuesday. I guess the week between Cincy/Alpine and the august shows?!?!? He said he owes us a do-over for Sept!!

ETA more- looks like 7/30 is our only hope as Chicago is Tues, BSB is Th. Zac Brown is Friday….sooooo🤷🏼‍♀️

And currently drowning my “no summer show again” blues at Margaritaville Hollywood lol
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

If you want a flyer on a potential prediction......I'll let er rip!!

Current Tour: Jimmy is running 5 shows in a 10 night span in June. All in The South
He's got scheduled 4 shows in a 8 night span in July. Two in the Midwest + Pittsburgh & Baltimore
August is 5 shows in a 12 day span. All would be considered East Coast

At this point the July run starts on Saturday the 16th in Pittsburgh ending the 23rd at Alpine. Pine Knob has an opening Thursday July 14 (Tues. July 12 PK is booked) so that logistically is a date that could make sense to kickoff the Midwest run or maybe he kicks it off Tuesday elsewhere (Indy, Toronto have openings July 12, Cleveland you do not). :wink:

Forget about the week after Alpine cuz PK is booked 4 straight nights starting on the Tuesday the 26th. Guess you could say your prayers & ask Jimmy for a Saturday July 30 show prior to his Tuesday East Coast show in Maine Aug. 2 to get that leg up & running. Upon further review it has possibilities. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]

FYI.....A July 30 show would be the night after Zac Brown Band for those keeping score at home so maybe JB & CRB could bop in a day early to make an appearance with ZBB :o :o :o In fact I'll be at the ZBB show 8)

Anyway, that's my story & I'm sticking to it...
So the Good Doctor prescribes keep your calendars open July 16 & July 30 Detroiters/Michiganders, even Michiphins. :pirate:
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Well announcements have come to a halt. And the only day open is 7/30 now. So I guess all hope lies in that. We shall see, but I'm not too hopeful [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif]
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

ParrotheadCMC wrote: March 16, 2022 8:20 am Well announcements have come to a halt. And the only day open is 7/30 now. So I guess all hope lies in that. We shall see, but I'm not too hopeful [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif] [smilie=cwl.gif]
I pretty much called it a day once Jimmy announced the summer tour would keep the same name....except for the redux part added.

I've never seen him go back to the same city twice in a tour.

You never now though
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

msu#1 wrote: March 16, 2022 12:17 pm I've never seen him go back to the same city twice in a tour.
He's going back to Great Woods, Jones Beach, Cincy and Bristow and he was at those places last year for the Life on the Flip Side tour.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

MDShark70 wrote: March 16, 2022 2:21 pm
msu#1 wrote: March 16, 2022 12:17 pm I've never seen him go back to the same city twice in a tour.
He's going back to Great Woods, Jones Beach, Cincy and Bristow and he was at those places last year for the Life on the Flip Side tour.
Hope he wasn't discouraged by the poor turnout last year. Multiple special factors were involved beyond the norm.
With the original "Pine Knob" moniker back for 2022 & the 50th anniversary of said PK being at the forefront, I'm calling for mini-crime if JB doesn't get booked. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]

You hear that Jimmy....

50th Anniversary of Pine Knob 8) 8) In the words of Led Zeppelin....Bring it on Home
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

Dead and company are back at the knob...they played a week before Jimmy last fall.

So there's a tiny speck of hope to be had
MiParrothead
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: Kraken & Coke

Post by MiParrothead »

Any word if Jimmy Is coming tis year?
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

The Dead just played and it sounds like it was a pretty good show....

To bad pine knob kinda walked back the statements on how it was going to be the best lineup ever for it's fiftieth bday.

Could've used a show about now
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: July 1, 2022 10:56 am The Dead just played and it sounds like it was a pretty good show....

To bad pine knob kinda walked back the statements on how it was going to be the best lineup ever for it's fiftieth bday.

Could've used a show about now
I hear ya Jason..........
We were there for the Tears for Fears show wsg Garbage last month & the crowd was on fire! It was a hot night so many people tailgating in the shaded area between the lots & had no problems with the parking lot nazi's. :o
Also caught Jackson Browne @ Meadowbrook & that crowed seemed pretty amped as well. I think Covid kind of made the people starved to get back to the concert scene.
Lostarlake
We are the People our Parents Warned us

Post by Lostarlake »