The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris
Number of Concerts: 20

Tailgating restrictions?

Post by BPinMI »

Anyone hearing any info on tailgating? Hoping we'll be able to tailgate in our normal fashion but I could totally see these venues not allowing it.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Tailgating restritions?

Post by tailgaitingph »

Are you speaking of a particular location?
BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris

Post by BPinMI »

We plan to go to Indy so curious about that one but also just curious in general if we expect tailgating to be business as usual or restricted.
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

My gut feeling on tailgating would be dependant on the policies of each, individual venue. Probably based on state regulations and policies.

Living in Florida, we're open for business. And other than Disney World, you don't have to wear face coverings anywhere in our state. So, I'd guess if we had amphitheater shows, we'd have tailgating as normal here. However, Buffett has had those damn arena show on the books since 2019, and it's been rescheduled twice and there's zero tailgating in downtown Tampa. So, we're opting to go to the DC show in Bristow, VA. And I've been wondering what life is like up there and what their policies will be.

Good luck on your venue! I can't wait to get my grass skirt on, my leis, and dust of and wash a floral shirt! It's been a few days over four years since my last show in Tampa back in 2017! I'm ready!!!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

"Tailgating restritions?" We don't need no stinkin' tailgating restritions. [hiccup] :P
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 9, 2021 5:19 pm "Tailgating restritions?" We don't need no stinkin' tailgating restritions. [hiccup] :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

requiem960 wrote: June 9, 2021 5:08 pm My gut feeling on tailgating would be dependant on the policies of each, individual venue. Probably based on state regulations and policies.

Living in Florida, we're open for business. And other than Disney World, you don't have to wear face coverings anywhere in our state. So, I'd guess if we had amphitheater shows, we'd have tailgating as normal here. However, Buffett has had those damn arena show on the books since 2019, and it's been rescheduled twice and there's zero tailgating in downtown Tampa. So, we're opting to go to the DC show in Bristow, VA. And I've been wondering what life is like up there and what their policies will be.

Good luck on your venue! I can't wait to get my grass skirt on, my leis, and dust of and wash a floral shirt! It's been a few days over four years since my last show in Tampa back in 2017! I'm ready!!!
Bristow is my 'home' venue & I will be there with the ice luge. Not sure how big our group will be this year but you are more than welcome to join! Send me a pm if you'd like to meet up with us & caravan in.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 9, 2021 6:09 pm
requiem960 wrote: June 9, 2021 5:08 pm My gut feeling on tailgating would be dependant on the policies of each, individual venue. Probably based on state regulations and policies.

Bristow is my 'home' venue & I will be there with the ice luge. Not sure how big our group will be this year but you are more than welcome to join! Send me a pm if you'd like to meet up with us & caravan in.
I'd like to meet up with you and caravan in.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

WVParrothead wrote: June 9, 2021 10:39 pm

Oh sh*t!

You’re in trouble now.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

There's seven of us going in our group. Five of us are coming up from Tampa Bay! Every amphitheatre show we rent an RV, take kegs (last show I brewed three beers specifically for the show), do the liquor luge, have give aways, and do a moderate tailgate. This show is going to be such a one off for us, and just planning on showing up and winging it.

All that to say, I'll definitely take you up on your offer. Most of us would be very willing to chip in with cash, bring supplies, and whatnot. I'll pm you closer to the show when we figure out if we're flying up or driving 14.5 hours each way! I have three friends that live in and outside of DC, so the only thing we have covered is room and board, and transportation.

We're still a bit on the skeptical side of whether this show is going to happen or not, so planning has been such a huge challenge.

Thanks for the response and offer! If the show happens, let us know what you need or want, and as long as you're fine with increasing the size of your tailgate, we'll join you!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Oh, dear. Princess N.B. hosting y'all? :o

Are your life insurance and wills current? :P

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 11, 2021 8:57 pm Oh, dear. Princess N.B. hosting y'all? :o

Are your life insurance and wills current? :P
I treat my peeps well so I made sure their info had my name as 'payable', lmao! 😉
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

requiem960 wrote: June 11, 2021 9:39 am
There's seven of us going in our group. Five of us are coming up from Tampa Bay! Every amphitheatre show we rent an RV, take kegs (last show I brewed three beers specifically for the show), do the liquor luge, have give aways, and do a moderate tailgate. This show is going to be such a one off for us, and just planning on showing up and winging it.

All that to say, I'll definitely take you up on your offer. Most of us would be very willing to chip in with cash, bring supplies, and whatnot. I'll pm you closer to the show when we figure out if we're flying up or driving 14.5 hours each way! I have three friends that live in and outside of DC, so the only thing we have covered is room and board, and transportation.

We're still a bit on the skeptical side of whether this show is going to happen or not, so planning has been such a huge challenge.

Thanks for the response and offer! If the show happens, let us know what you need or want, and as long as you're fine with increasing the size of your tailgate, we'll join you!
I've got a grill that cooks marinated tenders (that I make) & bubba burgers plus anything else that others have. Would love to have you & your group join us. Please pm me when we get closer so I can accommodate & we can hopefully caravan in!
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 9, 2021 11:44 pm

Oh sh*t!

You’re in trouble now.
Wait, who?
Me or him 😎
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

You are welcome to join us!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Is Bristow the rescheduled date? 8/7/21?

WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

lime rickie wrote: June 15, 2021 5:48 pm Is Bristow the rescheduled date? 8/7/21?
Yeah, Bristow is the 7th, barring any other changes.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 15, 2021 5:48 pm Is Bristow the rescheduled date? 8/7/21?
Yes! Wanna join us??
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 15, 2021 7:29 pm
Yes! Wanna join us??
Get a 'Who's Going To...' thread going.

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: June 15, 2021 8:01 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: June 15, 2021 7:29 pm
Yes! Wanna join us??
Get a 'Who's Going To...' thread going.
Done!
Now what... Ya coming?!? :P