Burgettstown cancelled????

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

wolj0
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Burgettstown cancelled????

Post by wolj0 »

Anyone know why the Burgettstown, Pa concert cancelled??? I’ve been waiting 2.5 years due to personal illness and COVID! Ugh!
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Re: Burgettstown cancelled????

Post by urlcenter »

wolj0 wrote: June 3, 2021 9:46 pm Anyone know why the Burgettstown, Pa concert cancelled??? I’ve been waiting 2.5 years due to personal illness and COVID! Ugh!
The show in Burgettstown was cancelled because the venue has delayed opening for the season until July 21st so all shows prior to that date were cancelled not just Jimmy's
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Well, on the plus side it gives them another year to ensure that they don't have a repeat of the shitshow that occurred the last time Buffett was in town with respect to actually getting people inside.
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

urlcenter wrote: June 4, 2021 11:58 am
wolj0 wrote: June 3, 2021 9:46 pm Anyone know why the Burgettstown, Pa concert cancelled??? I’ve been waiting 2.5 years due to personal illness and COVID! Ugh!
The show in Burgettstown was cancelled because the venue has delayed opening for the season until July 21st so all shows prior to that date were cancelled not just Jimmy's
Yes! According to media reports yesterday in Pitt, Buffett would have been the first concert since COVID and they wanted more of a "softer opening" to get their feet under them and not have a massive crowd. Now the first show will be Chicago!
Last edited by BottleofRum on June 4, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

BottleofRum wrote: June 4, 2021 12:37 pm
Yes! Accordioning to media reports yesterday in Pitt Buffett would have been the first concert since COVID and they wanted more of a "softer opening" to get their feet under them and not have a massive crowd. Now the first show will be Chicago!
When is Jimmy in Chicago?! I haven't seen an announcement and that would be a local show for me
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

tropicalmindset wrote: June 4, 2021 2:38 pm
Yes! Accordioning to media reports yesterday in Pitt Buffett would have been the first concert since COVID and they wanted more of a "softer opening" to get their feet under them and not have a massive crowd. Now the first show will be Chicago!
When is Jimmy in Chicago?! I haven't seen an announcement and that would be a local show for me
The band Chicago in Pittsburgh, not Buffett in Chicago.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

LIPH wrote: June 4, 2021 2:54 pm
Ahhh that makes more sense. I just saw Chicago and got excited lol
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
wolj0
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by wolj0 »

Thanks so much for responding! Darn I was so loud forward to that concert!! We had great seats!!!
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

LIPH wrote: June 4, 2021 2:54 pm

I wondered if that might confuse people. :lol:
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

Yes! According to media reports yesterday in Pitt, Buffett would have been the first concert since COVID and they wanted more of a "softer opening" to get their feet under them and not have a massive crowd. Now the first show will be Chicago!
Just curious where you saw those media reports? None of the Pittsburgh news stories on the cancellation that I saw mentioned that as the reason, they all just said "scheduling conflict". Not doubting you, just wondering where you saw that.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)