Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 4:34 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: June 2, 2021 4:29 pm
urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 4:27 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: June 2, 2021 3:45 pm
TommyBahama wrote: June 2, 2021 7:29 am
BottleofRum wrote: June 1, 2021 10:48 pm Buffett on Twitter today...
(John dug this out of Twitter and shared it with me) I'm Paraphrasing

"Getting ready for Jerry Walker's tribute this weekend then the CRB is coming back for band camp to get ready for summer shows that will be announced soon, when and where we are playing, so stay tuned"

https://twitter.com/jimmybuffett/status ... 7999350784

So this doesn't really help much other than we know he will tour but will the current dates get blown up and reshuffled? Will some of shows scheduled be axed? Will more shows be added?
I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.
Jimmy has now said on stage in Del Ray and on social media that he is touring this summer. Is the most realistic scenario he pushes the current tour to 2022 and then schedules a few shows this summer at venues allowing full capacity?
Right now he scheduled to play the shows that were rescheduled from 2020:

July 10, 2021 – Ruoff Music Center – Indianapolis, IN
July 13, 2021 – Riverbend Music Center – Cincinnati, OH
July 15, 2021 – S&T Bank Music Park – Burgettstown, PA
August 7, 2021 – Jiffy Lube Live – Bristow, VA
August 10, 2021 – Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater – Wantagh, NY
August 12, 2021 – BB&T Pavilion – Camden, NJ
August 14, 2021 – Xfinity Center – Boston, MA
September 7, 2021 – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO
September 9, 2021 – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO

All of the above venues are advertising Jimmy's shows as happening including Red Rocks, As for the four shows in Europe those might be up in the air.

The following three shows were rescheduled from 2021 to 2022:

April 23, 2022 – Coastal Credit Union Music Park – Raleigh NC
April 30, 2022 – PNC Music Pavilion – Charlotte NC
June 1, 2022 – Ascend Amphitheater – Nashville TN

As for the three shows scheduled for December in Florida, it might be a little to early to know for certain if those happen
I’m planning to be in Indy, Cinci, GW, and Jones Beach.

Not convinced they’re happening. But hopeful.
Check the schedules for each venue they are advertising Jimmy's shows and many other artists. Jimmy released a brief video announcement yesterday to remind every one he and the band will be in Texas this weekend for the Jerry Jeff Walker tribute show. He also said that after that event the band will be in "band camp" which means rehearsals for the shows starting 7/10. Jimmy's statement was "The Coral Reefer Band is going back to work!!"
Yes. Pat posted a link in this thread. See above.

I’m excited. But not convinced.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

"Getting ready for Jerry Walker's tribute this weekend then the CRB is coming back for band camp to get ready for summer shows that will be announced soon, when and where we are playing, so stay tuned"

So this doesn't really help much other than we know he will tour but will the current dates get blown up and reshuffled? Will some of shows scheduled be axed? Will more shows be added?
I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.
Jimmy has now said on stage in Del Ray and on social media that he is touring this summer. Is the most realistic scenario he pushes the current tour to 2022 and then schedules a few shows this summer at venues allowing full capacity?

All of the above venues are advertising Jimmy's shows as happening including Red Rocks, As for the four shows in Europe those might be up in the air.

As for the three shows scheduled for December in Florida, it might be a little to early to know for certain if those happen

I'm not sure if he would do a full-blown tour with Just 9 dates. Financially, not worth it. The Virginia date has ??? With Jim and Peter scheduled to be in Chicago. He Could add dates Between July 15th and Aug. 7th and Aug. 14th and Sept 7th. But putting together a big stage production, that I'd be curious. I plan on GW.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

TommyBahama wrote: June 2, 2021 8:11 pm

I'm not sure if he would do a full-blown tour with Just 9 dates. Financially, not worth it. The Virginia date has ??? With Jim and Peter scheduled to be in Chicago. He Could add dates Between July 15th and Aug. 7th and Aug. 14th and Sept 7th. But putting together a big stage production, that I'd be curious. I plan on GW.
If you had in the 4 Europe dates in September and the 3 December dates that brings the total up to 16, also there are no October dates as yet such as Las Vegas.

As for the shows themselves the full band has two full albums of songs to learn from both Life on the Flip Side and Songs You Don't Know Heart. There is not much in the way of stage production in Jimmy's shows these days just Jimmy, the CRB and the big video screen.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 8:22 pm There is not much in the way of stage production in Jimmy's shows these days just Jimmy, the CRB and the big video screen.
Oof...
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 8:22 pm
TommyBahama wrote: June 2, 2021 7:29 am I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.

If you had in the 4 Europe dates in September and the 3 December dates that brings the total up to 16, also there are no October dates as yet such as Las Vegas.

As for the shows themselves the full band has two full albums of songs to learn from both Life on the Flip Side and Songs You Don't Know Heart. There is not much in the way of stage production in Jimmy's shows these days just Jimmy, the CRB and the big video screen.
Are the European dates happening??? There is 3 Florida dates in December. But those are 6 months away. I'm talking between now and Labor Day. The summer tour season. 9 dates isn't much , 8 depending on Virginia. Could they fill in dates , sure ( Midwest and South), But that depends on availability of venues. A lot of Country artists have been filling in dates.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

As of June 1 Michigan went open to outdoor events 100%, no mask restrictions unless the venue requests it....which it's not looking like it as NASCAR, Faster Horses Country Music Festival, & Detroit Tiger baseball are all a go no strings attached. No proof of vaccination needed either.
Bring us a show Jimmy, we'll happily take a slot.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Just updated per Margaritaville. Nashville shows 7/6, 7/8 & 7/16.. Pittsburgh cancelled. Indy & the Nati a go. No definitive word on the Aug & beyond shows

https://blog.margaritaville.com/2021/06 ... 1587518413
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 11:26 am Just updated per Margaritaville. Nashville shows 7/6, 7/8 & 7/16.. Pittsburgh cancelled. Indy & the Nati a go. No definitive word on the Aug & beyond shows

I don't get the Pittsburgh Cancel to add another Nashville. Unless it's due to openings of the state. Which i thought went into effect.
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: June 3, 2021 12:07 pm I don't get the Pittsburgh Cancel to add another Nashville. Unless it's due to openings of the state. Which i thought went into effect.
I don't get that either!
Had 2nd row for Pitt... :evil:
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

TommyBahama wrote: June 3, 2021 12:07 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 11:26 am Just updated per Margaritaville. Nashville shows 7/6, 7/8 & 7/16.. Pittsburgh cancelled. Indy & the Nati a go. No definitive word on the Aug & beyond shows

I don't get the Pittsburgh Cancel to add another Nashville. Unless it's due to openings of the state. Which i thought went into effect.
I think it's mostly due to ticket sales, which were, honestly, pretty atrocious.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 12:24 pm

I think it's mostly due to ticket sales, which were, honestly, pretty atrocious.
I looked on ticketmaster for Pittsburgh and was shocked that mostly the whole upper pavilion was empty, except for the very top which I presume was priced lower.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Supposedly 1 Nashville show is a rescheduled one. Adding 2 is a bit surprising, but it is a smaller venue plus a tourist “destination”. Guessing those 2 things factor in
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 12:34 pm

I looked on ticketmaster for Pittsburgh and was shocked that mostly the whole upper pavilion was empty, except for the very top which I presume was priced lower.

I think most of those upper pavilions weren't ever even released. They usually hold them back until closer to show day and sell them at same price as Lawn.

I hate saying it, as Pittsburgh's been my "home base" for almost 20 years, but they just don't draw the big Buffett crowd there anymore like they used to. Compared to a Cincinnati, which has similar longevity and can still sell out a show, even on a weekday.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

FWIW, Peter Mayer's website now lists the Virginia date on 8/7 rather than any Chicago date.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: June 3, 2021 12:22 pm
TommyBahama wrote: June 3, 2021 12:07 pm I don't get the Pittsburgh Cancel to add another Nashville. Unless it's due to openings of the state. Which i thought went into effect.
I don't get that either!
Bet you could get a front row ticket now dirt cheap.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 12:34 pm

That is like the open air pavilion at GW. They will then put on sale as the show gets closer to near lawn ticket prices. I would never pay 150.00 for that far back.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 12:40 pm
TommyBahama wrote: June 2, 2021 7:29 am I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.

FWIW, Peter Mayer's website now lists the Virginia date on 8/7 rather than any Chicago date.
I thought they were the headliner in Chicago?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

Jimmy is the only show cancelled at the Burgettstown venue all the other scheduled shows are still happening
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 3, 2021 12:42 pm
tailgaitingph wrote: June 3, 2021 12:22 pm
I don't get that either!
Bet you could get a front row ticket now dirt cheap.
I actually had one. Not funny. lol
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 12:37 pm I hate saying it, as Pittsburgh's been my "home base" for almost 20 years, but they just don't draw the big Buffett crowd there anymore like they used to. Compared to a Cincinnati, which has similar longevity and can still sell out a show, even on a weekday.
I haven't been to Star Lake since I moved south in 2012, airfare to Pittsburgh is a lot more expensive from Myrtle Beach than from either MacArthur Airport on Long Island or JFK. But that was always one of my favorite places to see Buffett.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here