Moderator: SMLCHNG

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

“Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I’m coming up out of my Jimmy Buffett “Buffettnews” retirement to talk about something we should be talking about . . . and it is not “dating a shirt,” although that really is a thread for the ages.

Can we talk about scheduled and rescheduled Jimmy Buffett shows like adults, please? There is no way concerts or any event that would attract thousands (tens of thousands) of people will happen before a vaccine. There is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane). Other states who had concerts scheduled in April . . . then June . . . now October are expecting these shows to happen? They won’t. No way. Jimmy - just cancel the tour . . . it’s not going to happen and I think you know that.

So the question is why aren’t the shows being cancelled?

This thread is in no way meant to be political . . . I’m all for certain businesses opening . . . but any venue or promoter or sporting event allowing thousands of people to gather this summer? No chance. Stop pretending. Refund the money. Disclaimer - I haven’t paid a dime yet. I have a very loyal friend who gets tickets annually and I appreciate the sh@t out of it.

Fins Up for Fall 2021. If a show happens before then ALL drinks are on me . . . and I’ll “date” anyone’s t shirt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really hope I’m wrong. I really do.

Stay safe and healthy. I miss the party. BUT am confident it will return with the force of a late 1990’s tailgate in time.

DP66.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by Saltx3 »

hey Jon!

My understanding is if the shows keep getting rescheduled or “postponed” then the ticket sale $$$ do not get refunded.

Once the shows are “cancelled” like Texas then Ticketmaster refunds the $$. Of course the buyers need to jump through hoops to Get this accomplished
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote: May 1, 2020 7:01 am hey Jon!

My understanding is if the shows keep getting rescheduled or “postponed” then the ticket sale $$$ do not get refunded.

Once the shows are “cancelled” like Texas then Ticketmaster refunds the $$. Of course the buyers need to jump through hoops to Get this accomplished
Yep, totally agree.

Vegas is pleading to re-open. Maybe by the time October rolls around there will be enough sign of clinical and economic recovery that people will go to those shows.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

I got nuttin'. (We weren't going to any Buffett shows, just wanted to say hello Jon!) :)
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

I'm really surprised they didn't start offering refunds as soon as they were rescheduled the first time. I called TM and asked about a refund, they said the event organizer would only offer refunds if the concert was cancelled. That's BS, especially now with so many people out of work. The fans probably need that money more than Buffett does.

Over the years, I've had tickets to a handful of shows that were rescheduled. Each time I called TM and said I couldn't make the show on the new date and I never had any problems getting my money back. This should be no different.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Nice to see ya round these parts again Jon!

Hoping you're wrong too BUT you still owe me a beer whenever we see each other 8)
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
Luckyone
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: He went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by Luckyone »

Some businesses that plan events and trade shows are holding out that the warm weather will slow this down enough so people can attend. So why not let Parrotheads have some hope? I am guessing it will all be pushed into 2021 but I like to have hope.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I got an email from Live Nation earlier this afternoon telling me the Raleigh show was rescheduled, there was a link at the bottom to request a refund. They're a little behind, the email said the show was rescheduled for June 13. It was rescheduled again yesterday for October 10.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 1, 2020 2:30 am I’m coming up out of my Jimmy Buffett “Buffettnews” retirement to talk about something we should be talking about . . . and it is not “dating a shirt,” although that really is a thread for the ages.

Can we talk about scheduled and rescheduled Jimmy Buffett shows like adults, please? There is no way concerts or any event that would attract thousands (tens of thousands) of people will happen before a vaccine. There is 0% chance a concert venue like Great Woods in Mansfield, Ma will hold any concert this summer, which is a venue I’ve seen Buffett over 30 times (once during a Hurricane). Other states who had concerts scheduled in April . . . then June . . . now October are expecting these shows to happen? They won’t. No way. Jimmy - just cancel the tour . . . it’s not going to happen and I think you know that.

So the question is why aren’t the shows being cancelled?

DP66.
He might as well cancel the shows. I mean, Taylor Swift cancelled her 2020 tour so my year was shot all to hell already. :lol:
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Loving the number of visits on this post.

Jon is clickbait. :lol:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: May 1, 2020 7:49 pm Loving the number of visits on this post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're only as young as you are right now. Make the best of it!

~/)~/)~/) RIP Bubba ~/)~/)~/)
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Must be all the skater moms.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

LIPH wrote: May 1, 2020 8:04 pm Must be all the skater moms.
I still have that t shirt. :lol:
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 1, 2020 7:52 pm
lime rickie wrote: May 1, 2020 7:49 pm Loving the number of visits on this post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Is that what they’re calling it these days ....
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Bucarader
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojito

Post by Bucarader »

You Carolinians will have to carry the torch for your fellow phlocks on the Texas Gulf Coast this year.

|\s up!
Don't try to describe the ocean if you've never seen it.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Nadirah posting she’ll be home this summer.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Nadirah Shakoor posted on Facebook yesterday:

This will be my first Summer at home in 25 years.

So that is not a great sign for any shows happening this summer. In order for them to do summer shows they'd need to start rehearsing sometime soon so it is likely she has been told that at least part if not all the summer shows are not happening. I have four GW tix for August, I hope there is a show because that would mean the world is spinning the correct way but if they do pull the plug I'd be happy if it was just a PPD until 2021 and they let ticket holders use the 2020 tix in 2021. It ties up some money but I don't care, at least I'll have tickets for the 2021 show. DMB at GW has been rescheduled to July 16, 2021. 2020 tickets will be honored for the new date or holders can request a refund.

The reason why other performers have already cancelled their entire summer tours (Swift, Journey, ZBB...) is because they travel with larger crews and tour pretty much all summer so they had to get their crew hired/called back and start paying them. Buffett is different with his 4-5 shows in two week stretches. Smaller crew and most are per diem.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: May 5, 2020 3:48 pm Nadirah Shakoor posted on Facebook yesterday:

This will be my first Summer at home in 25 years.

So that is not a great sign for any shows happening this summer. In order for them to do summer shows they'd need to start rehearsing sometime soon so it is likely she has been told that at least part if not all the summer shows are not happening. I have four GW tix for August, I hope there is a show because that would mean the world is spinning the correct way but if they do pull the plug I'd be happy if it was just a PPD until 2021 and they let ticket holders use the 2020 tix in 2021. It ties up some money but I don't care, at least I'll have tickets for the 2021 show. DMB at GW has been rescheduled to July 16, 2021. 2020 tickets will be honored for the new date or holders can request a refund.

The reason why other performers have already cancelled their entire summer tours (Swift, Journey, ZBB...) is because they travel with larger crews and tour pretty much all summer so they had to get their crew hired/called back and start paying them. Buffett is different with his 4-5 shows in two week stretches. Smaller crew and most are per diem.
The good news is that venues are at least planning for Summer 2021. It’s a sad reality that places like Great Woods won’t be around next year after taking such a heavy financial loss . . . and it’s also very realistic that concerts won’t be allowed until there is a vaccine so summer 2021 is extremely optimistic in my opinion.
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

Great Woods better be around, Live Nation owns them and I own Live Nation stock.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: May 6, 2020 2:54 pm Great Woods better be around, Live Nation owns them and I own Live Nation stock.
I think we should strongly advocate that if social distancing is still a thing in August (and it will be) Buffett should 100% be allowed to play Great Woods . . . but only allow seating in sections 9 - 15. Those sections during a Buffett show would be the safest place to be during a quarantine.