“Rescheduled” Buffett

The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 9:29 am
TommyBahama wrote: May 21, 2021 8:37 am
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 6:54 am
TommyBahama wrote: May 21, 2021 6:28 am I did hear something today about Live Nation venues in CT and NY will be checking for vaccination ID's. They don't want the liability if someone does get sick , and god forbid dies. I'm not sure on MA yet. But, I'm guessing they will follow suite. The fake vaccination ID business could get pretty big soon.
If this is the case I probably wouldn’t go. I can’t even imagine the sh&t that would be. You’d spend you entire day in line. If anything I’d hang back at the hotel party and leave at line 7:30 for the venue. Go in late. I’m sure the parking lot after the show will be fun. Good luck getting us out because I’m sure people will be taking their sweet time.

Edit: was anyone explicitly told that they need to keep their vaccination card? I wasn’t. Was it ever like a defined legal thing that you need to hold o to this card for a certain number of days?

I don’t think venues will be able to ask for your personal medical information.

I know Fenway Park isn’t asking when they go 100% next week. Why would Great Woods?
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/liv ... ts-april-1
Yeah I wasn’t suggesting you were wrong. I am saying good luck to any venue who is asking for private medical records. If you are going to open full capacity I think the best thing is to just open. If you are going to open but require people to bring medical records and check everyone (again, I can’t imagine this actually happening logistically. There would be like a 3 hour + wait. I’m sure that wouldn’t cause any problems) then stay closed.

Getting through security at a relatively small venue like Great Woods (20 k capacity roughly) is a pain. Who are they going to have checking vaccination cards? A bunch of teenagers working minimum wage? They can’t be serious.

I almost want to see this sh*t show happen just to see how absurd it gets.
Well GW already checks for tickets at entry so what's stopping to ask for vaccine card at entry.. Do I see it happening? Probably not. But , interesting that they are even considering it.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

To the best of my knowledge, South Carolina isn't requiring proof of vaccination anywhere. The minor league baseball season started May 4 and the one Pelicans game I went to didn't ask for anything. The Pelicans just announced that effective June 1 the ballpark will be going to 100% capacity, they had been at 50%, and masks will no longer be required.

The Carolina Hurricanes play in Raleigh, NC and they had 12,000 people at their first 2 home playoff games. Whenever they showed the fans it looked like they were all wearing masks. I heard if they make it to the second round they'll be bumping that up to 16,000 people.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote: May 21, 2021 12:05 pm To the best of my knowledge, South Carolina isn't requiring proof of vaccination anywhere. The minor league baseball season started May 4 and the one Pelicans game I went to didn't ask for anything. The Pelicans just announced that effective June 1 the ballpark will be going to 100% capacity, they had been at 50%, and masks will no longer be required.

The Carolina Hurricanes play in Raleigh, NC and they had 12,000 people at their first 2 home playoff games. Whenever they showed the fans it looked like they were all wearing masks. I heard if they make it to the second round they'll be bumping that up to 16,000 people.
I don't think those a re Live Nation owned or promoted venues. The baseball stadium in Hartford isn't, and they are basically using the State regulations. Which is the honor system. Plus you can get a vaccine before and during the game if needed. Mohegan also isn't a live nation venue.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

The Pelicans ballpark is jointly owned by the city of Myrtle Beach and Horry County. PNC Arena, where the Hurricanes play, is the same arena where NC State University's basketball team plays so the school may own it. But I've never been there, I may be wrong.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
requiem960
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Happily Ever After (Now and Then)
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Torpedo Juice

Post by requiem960 »

Glad I live in Florida where my rights of privacy isn't infringed upon.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

This is a list of venues they own or operate

https://www.livenation.com/venue-sitemap/h
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I can't believe Live Nation will stick to these proof of vaccination guidelines. Legally speaking, if you get COVID after you attended a concert or event how could you even prove that is where you got infected? So I am not seeing where the liability argument comes into play.

Are they going to ask for it when you arrive in the parking lot? When you get to the entrance? Will you have to show your ticket, card, and ID so they know it is your card or negative test result? And with the option of showing you had a negative test instead and with so many testing sites how will they validate if the form the person has is real not? I was tested 26 times between Sept and April, 25 of them were at UMass and once at CVS. UMass used a few different testing companies and each test result for looks completely different depending on the service who did the testing. Anyone can open a word document and create a fake negative test form and print it.

If they stick to this policy I just can't see the majority of people attending the shows. I def won't go!
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: May 21, 2021 2:35 pm I can't believe Live Nation will stick to these proof of vaccination guidelines. Legally speaking, if you get COVID after you attended a concert or event how could you even prove that is where you got infected? So I am not seeing where the liability argument comes into play.

Are they going to ask for it when you arrive in the parking lot? When you get to the entrance? Will you have to show your ticket, card, and ID so they know it is your card or negative test result? And with the option of showing you had a negative test instead and with so many testing sites how will they validate if the form the person has is real not? I was tested 26 times between Sept and April, 25 of them were at UMass and once at CVS. UMass used a few different testing companies and each test result for looks completely different depending on the service who did the testing. Anyone can open a word document and create a fake negative test form and print it.

If they stick to this policy I just can't see the majority of people attending the shows. I def won't go!
I'm just relaying what I heard. You are right, how do you prove the venue is liable. But, that is an excuse a lot of places use.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 21, 2021 3:37 pm
BottleofRum wrote: May 21, 2021 2:35 pm I can't believe Live Nation will stick to these proof of vaccination guidelines. Legally speaking, if you get COVID after you attended a concert or event how could you even prove that is where you got infected? So I am not seeing where the liability argument comes into play.

I'm just relaying what I heard. You are right, how do you prove the venue is liable. But, that is an excuse a lot of places use.
All it will take is one car full of drunk girls who left their vaccination cards in their purses in the trunk and they stumble around trying to find them while traffic backs up for miles. No one will hold that accountable. They’ll be told to go right on in.

But if there are 6 people in a car, in general, are they checking everyone’s IDs to see if they match vaccination cards? Heck no!
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 3:42 pm All it will take is one car full of drunk girls who left their vaccination cards in their purses in the trunk and they stumble around trying to find them while traffic backs up for miles. No one will hold that accountable. They’ll be told to go right on in.

But if there are 6 people in a car, in general, are they checking everyone’s IDs to see if they match vaccination cards? Heck no!
:oops: :lol: :P
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: May 21, 2021 4:47 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 3:42 pm All it will take is one car full of drunk girls who left their vaccination cards in their purses in the trunk and they stumble around trying to find them while traffic backs up for miles. No one will hold that accountable. They’ll be told to go right on in.

I call shot gun! 😇
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 21, 2021 4:56 pm
lime rickie wrote: May 21, 2021 4:47 pm

I call shot gun! 😇
Can’t wait to load this cast of characters on my bus and head to Great Woods. We might never come back.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 10:50 am
LIPH wrote: May 21, 2021 10:15 am After I got the second vaccination, the nurse who stuck me said I could go to Office Depot and get the card laminated for free. She also told me to make a copy of the card, have the copy laminated and keep the original at home. This is in case you have to get a booster shot 6 months or a year from now, there are 2 extra lines on the card so they can add it below the date of your second shot.

But nothing from the state you live in regarding any potential legal responsibility to display the card to someone who isn’t your primary doctor or employer if you work for something like a municipality? I haven’t heard anything reading any obligation to do so from any government authority in Massachusetts. It’s your personal information just like any other medical record.
True or False? I have no idea
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 165952001/
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Saltx3 wrote: May 21, 2021 6:52 pm
LIPH wrote: May 21, 2021 10:15 am After I got the second vaccination, the nurse who stuck me said I could go to Office Depot and get the card laminated for free. She also told me to make a copy of the card, have the copy laminated and keep the original at home. This is in case you have to get a booster shot 6 months or a year from now, there are 2 extra lines on the card so they can add it below the date of your second shot.

But nothing from the state you live in regarding any potential legal responsibility to display the card to someone who isn’t your primary doctor or employer if you work for something like a municipality? I haven’t heard anything reading any obligation to do so from any government authority in Massachusetts. It’s your personal information just like any other medical record.
It doesn't violate HIPAA because HIPAA applies to clinical professionals. HIPAA does not apply to entertainment venues, friends, relatives, neighbors, etc.

tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: May 21, 2021 7:01 pm
Saltx3 wrote: May 21, 2021 6:52 pm True or False? I have no idea
It doesn't violate HIPAA because HIPAA applies to clinical professionals. HIPAA does not apply to entertainment venues, friends, relatives, neighbors, etc.
To me, the article says what Lime confirmed.
The problem will be for the businesses to 'police' that. Do they want the business or to follow guidelines...
I think that'll very from business to business
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: May 21, 2021 7:14 pm
Saltx3 wrote: May 21, 2021 6:52 pm True or False? I have no idea
To me, the article says what Lime confirmed.
The problem will be for the businesses to 'police' that. Do they want the business or to follow guidelines...
I think that'll very from business to business
As it should be. But if a concert venue claims they will be checking vaccination cards against people identification cards it will be a half as$ed effort to deter non vaccinated people from showing up. There is no way they’ll be able to do this for any show let alone every show. None. There will either be a 10 mile back up outside the venue if they are hung checked at the gate as you drive in or 50% of people will miss the show trying to get through security.

Who is being tasked with checking these cards? Are they actually bringing in professionally trained people to do this? No way. It’ll be local kids and speaking of Great Woods every local kid is high on something in Mansfield. is this something you want some dumb aS$ kid on edibles making 12$ and hour doing to ensure your safety from Covid? Please.

It’s not going to happen. I doubt anyone is playing anywhere before August anyways.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: May 21, 2021 7:31 pm
As it should be. But if a concert venue claims they will be checking vaccination cards against people identification cards it will be a half as$ed effort to deter non vaccinated people from showing up. There is no way they’ll be able to do this for any show let alone every show. None. There will either be a 10 mile back up outside the venue if they are hung checked at the gate as you drive in or 50% of people will miss the show trying to get through security.

Who is being tasked with checking these cards? Are they actually bringing in professionally trained people to do this? No way. It’ll be local kids and speaking of Great Woods every local kid is high on something in Mansfield. is this something you want some dumb aS$ kid on edibles making 12$ and hour doing to ensure your safety from Covid? Please.

It’s not going to happen. I doubt anyone is playing anywhere before August anyways.
[/quote]

Watch the Action Park documentary on HBO. We used to call it 'Traction Park'. :lol:

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

And that’s why I don’t understand why no one can ask those who are maskfree if they’ve been vaccinated ????
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 22

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

Saltx3 wrote: May 21, 2021 9:46 pm

And that’s why I don’t understand why no one can ask those who are maskfree if they’ve been vaccinated ????
And my answer "As far as you know".
Cheers
Wiscoleeds
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Ask away. But if folks don't answer, or lie, or present fake 'credentials', whadduhyagonnado?