The latest rumors and confirmed dates

Moderator: SMLCHNG

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by LIPH »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 11:26 am Just updated per Margaritaville. Nashville shows 7/6, 7/8 & 7/16.. Pittsburgh cancelled. Indy & the Nati a go. No definitive word on the Aug & beyond shows

https://blog.margaritaville.com/2021/06 ... 1587518413
I might try for one of those Nashville shows. I haven't been there in 8 years and that would be a new venue for me, the last show I went to was in the hockey arena.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I just got an email from TicketMaster saying Jimmy Buffett has been rescheduled and my ticket is still good, I had a ticket for last year's Nashville show. I already received a refund so I don't have a ticket for Nashville anymore. Way to be on top of things TM. :roll:
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: June 3, 2021 1:32 pm I just got an email from TicketMaster saying Jimmy Buffett has been rescheduled and my ticket is still good, I had a ticket for last year's Nashville show. I already received a refund so I don't have a ticket for Nashville anymore. Way to be on top of things TM. :roll:
Same thing happened for me regarding a Rod Stewart show from last year that I returned. Was hoping a snafu on their end might get me double my money back.....but upon further review into my Ticketbastard account........no cigar
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tropicalmindset
I need two more boat drinks
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH, Island, Boat Drinks, Growing Older, Bama Breeze, Last Mango
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Jack with a splash of coke

Post by tropicalmindset »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 2:30 pm
LIPH wrote: June 3, 2021 1:32 pm I just got an email from TicketMaster saying Jimmy Buffett has been rescheduled and my ticket is still good, I had a ticket for last year's Nashville show. I already received a refund so I don't have a ticket for Nashville anymore. Way to be on top of things TM. :roll:
Same thing happened for me regarding a Rod Stewart show from last year that I returned. Was hoping a snafu on their end might get me double my money back.....but upon further review into my Ticketbastard account........no cigar
Same thing happened with Blake Shelton tickets for Milwaukee. Unfortunately no screw up from them there
2012 - Chicago (Tinley Park)
2013 - Alpine Valley
2014 - Alpine Valley
2015 - Alpine Valley
2016 - Alpine Valley
2017 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
2019 - Alpine Valley
2022 - Alpine Valley
MDShark70
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 108
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my hand
Location: Southeast of Disorder, Near the Port of Indecision, so you know, Maryland

Post by MDShark70 »

Dang, when was the last time a full-blown Buffett show was announced less than 5 weeks before the event? It seems like I've always had tickets for months and months in advance. Or years and years if you had tickets to the December 2019 Florida shows! :P
It was too much tequila . . . . or not quite enough.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

LIPH wrote: June 3, 2021 1:00 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 11:26 am Just updated per Margaritaville. Nashville shows 7/6, 7/8 & 7/16.. Pittsburgh cancelled. Indy & the Nati a go. No definitive word on the Aug & beyond shows

I might try for one of those Nashville shows. I haven't been there in 8 years and that would be a new venue for me, the last show I went to was in the hockey arena.
I have Myrtle Beach Pelicans games on July 2 and July 20 so any of the Nashville shows would work.
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 12:40 pm
FWIW, Peter Mayer's website now lists the Virginia date on 8/7 rather than any Chicago date.
His website, (Peter's) never listed the Chicago festival date. It always listed the Virginia date with Buffett.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

BottleofRum wrote: June 3, 2021 4:50 pm
FWIW, Peter Mayer's website now lists the Virginia date on 8/7 rather than any Chicago date.
His website, (Peter's) never listed the Chicago festival date. It always listed the Virginia date with Buffett.
The event (Summer Chi-ILL) website was listing the PB&J show as the Saturday night headliner....The Peter Mayer, Brendon Mayer & Jim Mayer show!
Guess they'll have to redo the menu :lol:
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Which is interesting because both GW and Jones Beach have like 40% of tickets still available. Logic would say they'd want to get word out ASAP that he is still planning on doing these shows. There are 6 sections for Jones Beach that never went on-sale. I'm guessing by next week more dates will be added to the end of July and the August dates will be included or at least some of them. The ticket sales for 8/7 in Virginia are terrible too.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: June 3, 2021 5:08 pm Which is interesting because both GW and Jones Beach have like 40% of tickets still available. Logic would say they'd want to get word out ASAP that he is still planning on doing these shows. There are 6 sections for Jones Beach that never went on-sale. I'm guessing by next week more dates will be added to the end of July and the August dates will be included or at least some of them. The ticket sales for 8/7 in Virginia are terrible too.
I've got pretty good seats for both JB & VA shows. I just want/need to know if they're a go so I can make other plans if they aren't. Really hoping he puts out something about those soon!
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 5:08 pm
The event (Summer Chi-ILL) website was listing the PB&J show as the Saturday night headliner....The Peter Mayer, Brendon Mayer & Jim Mayer show!
They are still listed as the headliners.... maybe Buffett needs to get two new guitar players LOL..
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: June 3, 2021 5:39 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 5:08 pm
They are still listed as the headliners.... maybe Buffett needs to get two new guitar players LOL..
Wyld Stallions?
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Does anyone know if the Dublin Ireland show is still scheduled to happen this September? I family member who lives near there told me it was rescheduled for 2022.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 25, 2021 5:54 pm Does anyone know if the Dublin Ireland show is still scheduled to happen this September? I family member who lives near there told me it was rescheduled for 2022.
The email I got from Ticketmaster 4 days ago says the Dublin show has been rescheduled to September 20, 2022 and my ticket is still valid.

That seems to clash with Jimmy's update today that says all 4 Europe shows have been cancelled(did not use the word "postponed" or "rescheduled" and no mention of the 9/20/22 date or any rescheduled dates)

I guess I'll find out if my credit card gets refunded. *shrug*
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
MyTyGy
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: Changes
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tai

Post by MyTyGy »

Another year, another disappointment for the Paris parrotheads. Would be interested to hear the real reason. Must be nervous about travel at his age.
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

FYI, I got ANOTHER email from Ticketmaster today saying that the 9/20/22 Dublin date is now cancelled and I'll be getting a refund.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm going back to Long Island for my 50th high school reunion the first week in October (it was supposed to be last year) so I wasn't going to any of the European shows. If there are any next year I might think about it, my passport doesn't expire until 2029.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

I hate to be the guy that brings this up but has anyone heard anything about potential show cancellations or any new rescheduling now that this “delta variant” appears to be causing new government imposed regulations . . . or at least it’s being strongly discussed that there will be regulations imposed in the near future?

Some tourist communities in Massachusetts, one of top 2 most vaccinated states I think, have reinstated in door mask rules. Provincetown is one of them.

#notbeingparanoidjustcurious
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

drunkpirate66 wrote: July 26, 2021 3:20 pm I hate to be the guy that brings this up but has anyone heard anything about potential show cancellations or any new rescheduling now that this “delta variant” appears to be causing new government imposed regulations . . . or at least it’s being strongly discussed that there will be regulations imposed in the near future?
I went to the last of the 3 Nashville shows 10 days ago and I don't have tickets to any other shows this year. I was thinking of going to one of the Florida shows in December but don't have a concert ticket, a plane ticket or a hotel reservation. I'm going to hold off now before I do anything, no sense laying out any money for something that may not happen. Again.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: July 26, 2021 3:20 pm I hate to be the guy that brings this up but has anyone heard anything about potential show cancellations or any new rescheduling now that this “delta variant” appears to be causing new government imposed regulations . . . or at least it’s being strongly discussed that there will be regulations imposed in the near future?

Some tourist communities in Massachusetts, one of top 2 most vaccinated states I think, have reinstated in door mask rules. Provincetown is one of them.

#notbeingparanoidjustcurious
I only hear about Providencetown having the mask mandate from an uptick from the 4th of July weekend. I haven't heard it spreading to other towns and causing a mask mandate. Watch what happens at Fenway. The only gauge we have between now and the show. We are 21/2 weeks to the show. I don't see a cancellation or date change happening.