Moderator: SMLCHNG

big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by big john »

Is anyone still planning to attend a concert this year? It seems like it's still such a cluster.
Who's got the rum?
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

big john wrote: May 23, 2021 9:43 am Is anyone still planning to attend a concert this year? It seems like it's still such a cluster.
Has anything really been confirmed. We have rescheduled dates. But, I don't hear the venues advertising it. You would think they would want to promote it. Same with the artist. A lot of country acts have released their 2021 tour. Others i hear are waiting to 2022.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: May 23, 2021 10:27 am
big john wrote: May 23, 2021 9:43 am Is anyone still planning to attend a concert this year? It seems like it's still such a cluster.
Has anything really been confirmed. We have rescheduled dates. But, I don't hear the venues advertising it. You would think they would want to promote it. Same with the artist. A lot of country acts have released their 2021 tour. Others i hear are waiting to 2022.
Unrelated to this conversation but my plan is to hit beach bars that have solid live music. I was up at Bernie’s Bar in NH last night listening to a friend of mine’s band who is playing The Chicken Box July 4th week out on Nantucket. Chicken Box is the greatest place on the planet to see a band. It’s where I was introduced to Grace Potter before she was famous and Jimmy Buffett had played there at least a dozen times (although never announced ahead of time). Little Feat was probably my favorite show I’ve seen there.

I won’t deal with corporate/ insurance related hang ups that result in me sitting in traffic hours on end. No sir, I won’t do it.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Not us. We’re still hoping to see Chesney for the first time next year since 2 parrotheads bought me tickets for my 60th birthday (which was in 2019). The show has been rescheduled twice.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

Saltx3 wrote: May 23, 2021 10:56 pm
Not us. We’re still hoping to see Chesney for the first time next year since 2 parrotheads bought me tickets for my 60th birthday (which was in 2019). The show has been rescheduled twice.
I was talking to someone who is on the board at the theater i work at. A lot of acts are waiting to 2022. A lot of the country acts , other than Chesney are announcing tours for this year. I do have tickets for Darius Rucker for the end of August at an outdoor venue near me. Also looking to attend Luke Bryan in July and maybe Kiss in Aug.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

For Christmas 2019 Bought tix for my kids & their spouses to see Blue Man Group in April 2020. After being rescheduled for June 2021, a couple weeks ago they announced being pushed to April 2022. I understand, but still :-?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

Dr.Corona wrote: May 24, 2021 8:31 am
For Christmas 2019 Bought tix for my kids & their spouses to see Blue Man Group in April 2020. After being rescheduled for June 2021, a couple weeks ago they announced being pushed to April 2022. I understand, but still :-?
A lot of the artist want to make sure they can play to full venues. I'd be curious in a poll of who would go to a concert this year, and who would wait till 2022. For me already of had COVID-19 and vaccinated. I'd go. Just curious on what others thought.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

TommyBahama wrote: May 24, 2021 8:56 am
A lot of the artist want to make sure they can play to full venues. I'd be curious in a poll of who would go to a concert this year, and who would wait till 2022. For me already of had COVID-19 and vaccinated. I'd go. Just curious on what others thought.
I'm fully vaccinated so I have NO problem going to outdoor venues for sure. The small intimate indoor venues... I feel pretty good about it...65/35 maybe, especially during the summer, but we'll see how things progress into the fall. I did have heart surgery back 11 years ago so I need to keep that in mind. Along the same lines, I have similar thoughts regarding MOTM. NO problem with the Casa venue, but again, not feeling 100% about hanging at a Sloppy Joes, Captain Tony's, Hogs Breath or Green Parrot. I know most of them are open air but the crowds are wall to wall. Having said that I've got tix for 2020 postponed shows in late October in small venues in New York City & Chicago. Again, hoping leading into fall we'll have good news regarding how the virus is affecting the masses.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

I'm fully vaccinated so I'll do anything I did pre-covid. However, I wouldn't mind if handshakes stayed away, they have always grossed me out.

You will always be around unvaccinated people. At best 65-70% will be fully vaccinated so out of a 100 people 30-35 will be unvaccinated. So either trust the vaccination don't. The point of the vaccination is to prevent you from getting covid from unvaccinated people. At this point with vaccinations so widely available the percentage of people who are not vaccinated are likely the ones who will never get vaccinated.
Last edited by BottleofRum on May 24, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: May 24, 2021 1:13 pm
I'm fully vaccinated so I'll do anything I did pre-covid. However, I wouldn't mind not getting back to handshakes which have always grossed me out.

You will always be around unvaccinated people. At best 65-70% will be fully vaccinated so out of a 100 people 30-35 will be unvaccinated. So either trust the vaccination don't. The point of the vaccination is to prevent you from getting covid from unvaccinated people. A this point, with vaccinations so widely available the percentage of people who are not vaccinated are likely the ones who will never get vaccinated.
agree!!!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

BottleofRum wrote: May 24, 2021 1:13 pm I'm fully vaccinated so I'll do anything I did pre-covid. However, I wouldn't mind if handshakes stayed away, they have always grossed me out.
...At this point with vaccinations so widely available the percentage of people who are not vaccinated are likely the ones who will never get vaccinated.
Word.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Taking a leap of faith. Jimmy says he is touring this summer (I suppose that could mean mid September l, but still). A couple of friends and I are planning to hit the July 10th concert in Indy. There doesn’t seem to be any reason to think the tour won’t happen, as currently scheduled, at this point.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Buffett on Twitter today...
(John dug this out of Twitter and shared it with me) I'm Paraphrasing

"Getting ready for Jerry Walker's tribute this weekend then the CRB is coming back for band camp to get ready for summer shows that will be announced soon, when and where we are playing, so stay tuned"

https://twitter.com/jimmybuffett/status ... 7999350784

So this doesn't really help much other than we know he will tour but will the current dates get blown up and reshuffled? Will some of shows scheduled be axed? Will more shows be added?
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: June 1, 2021 10:48 pm Buffett on Twitter today...

"Getting ready for Jerry Walker's tribute this weekend then the CRB is coming back for band camp to get ready for summer shows that will be announced soon, when and where we are playing, so stay tuned"

So this doesn't really help much other than we know he will tour but will the current dates get blown up and reshuffled? Will some of shows scheduled be axed? Will more shows be added?
I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Peter and Jim Mayer still scheduled to headline the Summer Chill festival on August 7th in Chicago. The same night Buffett is scheduled to play in Virginia. Buffett said the CRB will be starting up rehearsals soon, wonder of there will be a downsizing in the band, neither of them played with him in Delray Beach. But that would be shocking if one of both left the CRB.

https://www.summerchi-ill.com/schedule
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: June 2, 2021 12:59 pm Peter and Jim Mayer still scheduled to headline the Summer Chill festival on August 7th in Chicago. The same night Buffett is scheduled to play in Virginia. Buffett said the CRB will be starting up rehearsals soon, wonder of there will be a downsizing in the band, neither of them played with him in Delray Beach. But that would be shocking if one of both left the CRB.

https://www.summerchi-ill.com/schedule
He has pulled members off of events CRB members have had scheduled in the past. So that is another possibility. I doubt they would leave the CRB yet. He could also reschedule the Virginia show to another date. Time will tell when Jimmy puts out a hard schedule. I have the Aug 14th date marked off from working at the CC. A date switch , could screw things up for me.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

TommyBahama wrote: June 2, 2021 7:29 am

I did see something from the state of NJ. It was the 30 hottest shows to see this summer. Buffett was listed, Not that it means anything, But hopefully a good sign. But you are right, Patrick. It does sound like some changes with deletions and additions.
Jimmy has now said on stage in Del Ray and on social media that he is touring this summer. Is the most realistic scenario he pushes the current tour to 2022 and then schedules a few shows this summer at venues allowing full capacity?
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 2, 2021 3:45 pm

Jimmy has now said on stage in Del Ray and on social media that he is touring this summer. Is the most realistic scenario he pushes the current tour to 2022 and then schedules a few shows this summer at venues allowing full capacity?
Right now he scheduled to play the shows that were rescheduled from 2020:

July 10, 2021 – Ruoff Music Center – Indianapolis, IN
July 13, 2021 – Riverbend Music Center – Cincinnati, OH
July 15, 2021 – S&T Bank Music Park – Burgettstown, PA
August 7, 2021 – Jiffy Lube Live – Bristow, VA
August 10, 2021 – Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater – Wantagh, NY
August 12, 2021 – BB&T Pavilion – Camden, NJ
August 14, 2021 – Xfinity Center – Boston, MA
September 7, 2021 – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO
September 9, 2021 – Red Rocks Amphitheatre – Morrison, CO

All of the above venues are advertising Jimmy's shows as happening including Red Rocks, As for the four shows in Europe those might be up in the air.

The following three shows were rescheduled from 2021 to 2022:

April 23, 2022 – Coastal Credit Union Music Park – Raleigh NC
April 30, 2022 – PNC Music Pavilion – Charlotte NC
June 1, 2022 – Ascend Amphitheater – Nashville TN

As for the three shows scheduled for December in Florida, it might be a little to early to know for certain if those happen
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 4:27 pm

All of the above venues are advertising Jimmy's shows as happening including Red Rocks, As for the four shows in Europe those might be up in the air.

As for the three shows scheduled for December in Florida, it might be a little to early to know for certain if those happen
I’m planning to be in Indy, Cinci, GW, and Jones Beach.

Not convinced they’re happening. But hopeful.
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

drunkpirate66 wrote: June 2, 2021 4:29 pm
urlcenter wrote: June 2, 2021 4:27 pm

I’m planning to be in Indy, Cinci, GW, and Jones Beach.

Not convinced they’re happening. But hopeful.
Check the schedules for each venue they are advertising Jimmy's shows and many other artists. Jimmy released a brief video announcement yesterday to remind every one he and the band will be in Texas this weekend for the Jerry Jeff Walker tribute show. He also said that after that event the band will be in "band camp" which means rehearsals for the shows starting 7/10. Jimmy's statement was "The Coral Reefer Band is going back to work!!"