Moderator: SMLCHNG

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Re: Who's going to Detroit? 9/23/2021

Post by tailgaitingph »

ParrotheadCMC wrote: September 16, 2021 10:50 pm If anyone isn't stalking TM, there are some good seats popping up. I swapped row BB for row Q and just swapped those for Row H.

I wonder when the tailgating will start. I've got to decide if I'm taking a 1/2 day off school or not. The weather looks like it should be decent.
Ugh, hell yes you should! :lol:
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: September 16, 2021 7:29 am The dead show last week was packed ...empty seats here or there in the pavilion bit felt like a full house....

Heads up the entry is facked up and will take awhile.

Was shocked at the number of people with "negative test" paperwork but not vaccine cards....very disappointing they would go to that much trouble for a test instead of just getting the shot.

Seems like alot of parrothead aren't as loyal as one would seem with the ticket numbers available....

We on second look have lawns....with the reduced price might have to look into pavilion upgrades..

Ps.....the dead show was great and was good to feel normal for a night, even bought a show shirt which I haven't done in 20 years
Thinking maybe being a Friday night show helped.... [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] Would be interested to know if that would help Jimmy. Although the Cleveland Saturday show isn't looking real good on sales either.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
ParrotheadCMC
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Tire Swing- FINALLY HEARD IT LIVE :)
Number of Concerts: 18
Favorite Boat Drink: Sangria, Margarita and Patron Shots

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

tailgaitingph wrote: September 17, 2021 7:02 am
ParrotheadCMC wrote: September 16, 2021 10:50 pm If anyone isn't stalking TM, there are some good seats popping up. I swapped row BB for row Q and just swapped those for Row H.

I wonder when the tailgating will start. I've got to decide if I'm taking a 1/2 day off school or not. The weather looks like it should be decent.
Ugh, hell yes you should! :lol:
Well it's a tad more tricky as I have to fly to EWR at like 6am on Friday. So I'm gonna be taking 1.5 days off school. And I saw the temps are now 10 degrees colder for the high. UGH. So I guess now I need to rethink what I'm wearing!
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 17, 2021 8:33 am
msu#1 wrote: September 16, 2021 7:29 am The dead show last week was packed ...empty seats here or there in the pavilion bit felt like a full house....

Heads up the entry is facked up and will take awhile.

Was shocked at the number of people with "negative test" paperwork but not vaccine cards....very disappointing they would go to that much trouble for a test instead of just getting the shot.

Seems like alot of parrothead aren't as loyal as one would seem with the ticket numbers available....

We on second look have lawns....with the reduced price might have to look into pavilion upgrades..

Ps.....the dead show was great and was good to feel normal for a night, even bought a show shirt which I haven't done in 20 years
Thinking maybe being a Friday night show helped.... [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif] Would be interested to know if that would help Jimmy. Although the Cleveland Saturday show isn't looking real good on sales either.
I think us Midwest folks don't think Buffett when it's fall, pumpkins, cider and donuts. As a summer fan, I'm good for prolonging as long as I can, LOL!
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

I think the "selfish" crowd will stay away but I think alot of people are waiting on the weather report....

I would be shocked if there isn't a big ticket jump at the start of the week if the forecast holds good
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: September 17, 2021 1:50 pm I think the "selfish" crowd will stay away but I think alot of people are waiting on the weather report....

I would be shocked if there isn't a big ticket jump at the start of the week if the forecast holds good
High of 59...low of 44...🤔🤔 could do better. However, my first Buffett show was a November show at The Palace...low of upper 30’s....had a ball tailgating in my Hawaiian shirt. Was hooked‼️
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 17, 2021 7:23 pm
msu#1 wrote: September 17, 2021 1:50 pm I think the "selfish" crowd will stay away but I think alot of people are waiting on the weather report....

High of 59...low of 44...🤔🤔 could do better. However, my first Buffett show was a November show at The Palace...low of upper 30’s....had a ball tailgating in my Hawaiian shirt. Was hooked‼️
I know!!! It took a turn. And I see rain now too! I'm not sure how much tailgating will be going down! And I have no clue when the lots might open.
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

ParrotheadCMC wrote: September 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: September 17, 2021 7:23 pm

I know!!! It took a turn. And I see rain now too! I'm not sure how much tailgating will be going down! And I have no clue when the lots might open.
Agree, Not looking good, but weather could change by Thursday 🤷‍♂️ Unfortunately, sad to say preshow tailgate excitement level waning somewhat due to potential for the ugly weather. Plus We’ve lost 1 member of our Buffett tailgating crew since the 2019 show due to unexpected death so some emotions will factor into the vibe as well. Will be jacked though once inside venue no question.
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Rain, rain go away!

Debbie
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Debbie
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Well I brought my 2019 downpour damaged Tiki Bar top into school today. I pulled off what was left of the waterlogged cardboard and replaced it with burlap. We'll see if the bar makes it through the 2021 tailgate! After all the years, the grass skirts I mounted on it are also looking rough, LOL.

Next up is creating a logo/saying for the "tip jar" I'll put out for my 16yo to earn some tips pouring for the shot boards. I've stocked up on paper cups (which is why my shot boards are far superior to a traditional shot ski, and even more so in the year of Rona, LOL). I grabbed the premade margaritas for it.

I think my usual outfit will need to be modified into leggings and a hoodie (over the sharkgirl tanks and tutus). I need to figure out how to pack the usual gear into slightly less of the back of my Jeep (dang 16yo tagging along, LOL). And I'm still wondering when the fun will start in the parking lot.

Prayers are going up to the Buffett gods to turn the weather. I mean Friday is looking AMAZING! So let's get some of that action! We haven't had a show in 2 years, and we got rain last time. It's only fair, LOL.
Parrothead7
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Who's going to Detroit? 9/23/2021 - Selling Tix

Post by Parrothead7 »

Sorry for doing this here - there's no page for the Detroit show under the Ticket Exchange and I can't create one. My group decided to skip the show so I am - Selling 4 lawn seats for $200 (over $40 less than face value - Thank You, TM fees)! Mobile tickets, I have Paypal and Venmo. Please let me know if interested.

Charles Billings
cjbjr77@hotmail.com
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Re: Who's going to Detroit? 9/23/2021 - Selling Tix

Post by SMLCHNG »

Parrothead7 wrote: September 20, 2021 3:52 pm Sorry for doing this here - there's no page for the Detroit show under the Ticket Exchange and I can't create one. My group decided to skip the show so I am - Selling 4 lawn seats for $200 (over $40 less than face value - Thank You, TM fees)! Mobile tickets, I have Paypal and Venmo. Please let me know if interested.

Charles Billings
cjbjr77@hotmail.com
Here you go.. :)

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=102027
Parrothead7
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Re: Who's going to Detroit? 9/23/2021 - Selling Tix

Post by Parrothead7 »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 20, 2021 4:09 pm
Parrothead7 wrote: September 20, 2021 3:52 pm Sorry for doing this here - there's no page for the Detroit show under the Ticket Exchange and I can't create one. My group decided to skip the show so I am - Selling 4 lawn seats for $200 (over $40 less than face value - Thank You, TM fees)! Mobile tickets, I have Paypal and Venmo. Please let me know if interested.

Charles Billings
cjbjr77@hotmail.com
Here you go.. :)

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=102027
Thank you!
msu#1
Behind Door #3

Post by msu#1 »

We bought new pavilion tickets in the "upgrade" instructions from ticketmaster but have not received anything back about a refund from them since....

Anyone have any ideas to help...you can't get a real person from ticketmaster on the phone or email
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

msu#1 wrote: September 20, 2021 5:16 pm We bought new pavilion tickets in the "upgrade" instructions from ticketmaster but have not received anything back about a refund from them since....

Anyone have any ideas to help...you can't get a real person from ticketmaster on the phone or email
buddy of mine upgraded us from back of pavilion to mid pavilion right after the onsale when I explained you could do that if better or equal priced tickets became available, but there was no change in price at that time. He sent email, & said they responded to his email within minutes. Said everything went pretty seamless. He said you had to buy new tickets, then get refunded your original purchase. It came through within 2 days I believe he said.
You didn't have to go that route a few years back. You just contacted them & they canceled your old tix, issued you new tix. [smilie=noeyedear-shrugging.gif]
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

msu#1 wrote: September 20, 2021 5:16 pm We bought new pavilion tickets in the "upgrade" instructions from ticketmaster but have not received anything back about a refund from them since....

I upgraded again on Friday. I didn't get the refund till today. It will come. I went from BB to Q to H. And damn those front row are tempting but there are only 2 (group of 3). Especially since I just dropped $$$$$$ for my 16yo to go to Harry Styles tonight. UGH!
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

According to hourly weather channel reports, from 7 pm tonight until 6 am Thursday morning better than 90% chance of rain the entire time which leads to a Flood watch the entire time.
Wondering if Jimmy may petition for Surfboards or boats to be allowed into the parking lot...... :pirate:
ParrotheadCMC

Post by ParrotheadCMC »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 21, 2021 2:04 pm According to hourly weather channel reports, from 7 pm tonight until 6 am Thursday morning better than 90% chance of rain the entire time which leads to a Flood watch the entire time.
Wondering if Jimmy may petition for Surfboards or boats to be allowed into the parking lot...... :pirate:
THe forecast is making me rethink being any version of a shark girl as I'm sure I'll be soaked and need to change. Also making me debate taking off a 1/2 day. Do we think the masses will still be doing a long tailgate? I know the BF isn't tailgating in the rain for very long. UGH!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE FRIDAY'S forecast? I keep hoping some how that happens!!!
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

ParrotheadCMC wrote: September 21, 2021 2:38 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: September 21, 2021 2:04 pm According to hourly weather channel reports, from 7 pm tonight until 6 am Thursday morning better than 90% chance of rain the entire time which leads to a Flood watch the entire time.
THe forecast is making me rethink being any version of a shark girl as I'm sure I'll be soaked and need to change. Also making me debate taking off a 1/2 day. Do we think the masses will still be doing a long tailgate? I know the BF isn't tailgating in the rain for very long. UGH!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE FRIDAY'S forecast? I keep hoping some how that happens!!!
I hear ya....🤞🤞 Weather guessers showing 51% chance of rain at 1:00-2:00 Thursday. That’s as far as hourly forecast goes 🤷‍♂️ It’s gotta keep decreasing from there, right??!! 🤔