Moderator: SMLCHNG

catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Who’s going the Del Ray Beach 5/13?

Post by catsway »

We had :42 seconds left in our Eventbrite shopping cart when we had success! We arrive Wednesday at the Hyatt Place. This has been a long time coming! We will bring the gumbo for the tailgate. Question is where to we tailgate?
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Re: Who’s going the Del Ray Beach 5/13?

Post by WVParrothead »

Hyatt Place parking lot I would assume? lol

I had a pod in my cart with 2:35 left and when I went to put in CC# it crashed. Ugh.

If anyone needs to get rid of an extra for Thursday or Friday, I'm good company. Most on here can vouch! :lol:
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Shrimper Dan P
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 31
Favorite Boat Drink: The Champagne of Beers
Location: Live...from the Southern Command in sunny South Florida

Post by Shrimper Dan P »

Looking for 1 or 2 on Thursday, Monday, or Tuesday. Thanks!

I had 3 windows open and ready for 10 AM, was able to select a pod but was shutout.
On the corner of 'Walk' and 'Don't Walk' somewhere on US 1.
He's just singing and ordering drinks.

The Weather Channel girl with her perfect weather curl... TS Fay 8/17/08
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

So nice to see one of these threads again. :wench:

And I hope you really do get some rarities.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Uncle John
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Dirty Banana

Post by Uncle John »

I wish! I had it in my cart but would never let me check out. If anyone has space in their pod, I’d love to come any of the days. I can come alone or with a friend to help fill it up!
Some people never find it
Some... only pretend, but me:
I just want to live happily ever after every now and then
msharpe
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 55

Post by msharpe »

Please let me know if anyone is looking for an extra 1-2 new friends to join their pod for any of the dates. I'm in Orlando and got shutout of tickets when they went on sale but would LOVE to attend. Fully vaccinated and can't wait to celebrate with fellow Parrotheads again!
finsforever
Favorite Buffett Song: last mango
Number of Concerts: 15

Post by finsforever »

Where is everyone planning on hanging out prior to the show this Thursday? I don’t imagine there will be any dedicated tailgating spot? I read about the Hyatt - is that going to be the main place? I have a called a few places near the venue. We are in town from Michigan and not sure where to go. Just flying down to see Jimmy again! Thanks!
ekartash
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Carnival World
Number of Concerts: 7

Post by ekartash »

Is it rain or shine? Normally it says that, but i don’t see it here. For now the weather is not looking amazing on Thursday.
Go BLUE!!!!!!!
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

The ol' Florida afternoon thunderstorm. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

No BN'ers attended to offer reviews? Huh, color me SHOCKED!! :o
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
piratenole
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks at 40
Number of Concerts: 51
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Drinks

Post by piratenole »

Dr.Corona wrote: May 16, 2021 4:22 pm No BN'ers attended to offer reviews? Huh, color me SHOCKED!! :o
I was one of the lucky ones to get a pod. Logged on right at 10am and got tickets for the Friday night concert. Don't know how I got so lucky. It was great to get back to a concert. Had the first "pod" on the far right side. Sound was good. With only about 800 people, the crowd wasn't as loud as we are used to. Sounded like a lot of the people were local.

Entry was a little surprising. With everything being made on you had to be the one who purchased the tickets, I walked in with my ticket on my phone and my ID ready to show. They asked my name, looked on their phone and said go ahead. They didn't even scan my ticket.

Highlight of the show was definitely Little Miss Magic- the song my wife and I always sang to our baby daughter who just graduated college. Couldn't have been any better! Looking forward to Red Rocks in September for concert #50.
" I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control"
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

piratenole wrote: May 16, 2021 6:04 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: May 16, 2021 4:22 pm No BN'ers attended to offer reviews? Huh, color me SHOCKED!! :o
I was one of the lucky ones to get a pod. Logged on right at 10am and got tickets for the Friday night concert. Don't know how I got so lucky. It was great to get back to a concert. Had the first "pod" on the far right side. Sound was good. With only about 800 people, the crowd wasn't as loud as we are used to. Sounded like a lot of the people were local.

Entry was a little surprising. With everything being made on you had to be the one who purchased the tickets, I walked in with my ticket on my phone and my ID ready to show. They asked my name, looked on their phone and said go ahead. They didn't even scan my ticket.

Highlight of the show was definitely Little Miss Magic- the song my wife and I always sang to our baby daughter who just graduated college. Couldn't have been any better! Looking forward to Red Rocks in September for concert #50.
Very cool Nole👍 Glad you had that LMM moment
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

piratenole wrote: May 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Goosebumps!! Kudos!

We both tried for tix on that fateful day to no avail. But ladyparrothead Lynn and I will be lolligagging around Delray Monday and Tuesday, still hoping to score a little love and luck! (That sounds interesting!! Lol)
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

After seeing the Thursday and Friday shows, I'm flying back down tomorrow hoping to catch the Tuesday show. Don't have a ticket for that one though so I'll be keeping my eyes and ears out.

As far as a review? It was great. But definitely different. Not just in terms of the crowd size, etc. but in terms of the scaled-down band sound without Doyle or Roger or the Mayers or the Reeferettes. Just different ways to hear and arrange songs we're all used to hearing a certain way with the full band. But not bad at all.

As I put on Facebook, any show at this point where I can hear a song I've never heard before live is a happy positive for me. And I got two of those with Migration Thursday and Little Miss Magic(!!) Friday.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)