Who's Going to Indy, Sat. July 10, 2021

Meet up with some of your friends from BN and find out who's going to the show

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Who's Going to Indy, Sat. July 10, 2021

Post by Dr.Corona »

So what's the scoop in Hoosier Land? All signs appear that this show is a go (IMO).
Any BN'ers lined up for the show?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 22

Re: Who's Going to Indy, Sat. July 10, 2021

Post by CheeseHead in Paradise! »

I know JoAnn (Tiki Bar) is thinking about going. I'm considering it... looks like Indy may end up being the nearest concert for me this year? Are you going, Ken?

John
wiscoleeds1
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor

Post by wiscoleeds1 »

With no Alpine and having already done Cincy we're looking at the Indy option too
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote: June 3, 2021 2:03 pm I know JoAnn (Tiki Bar) is thinking about going. I'm considering it... looks like Indy may end up being the nearest concert for me this year? Are you going, Ken?
Not in the plans at this time but it would be my only shot at a July show. Would have to be a quick down (Saturday) & back (Sunday) dash. I like the venue, been there once. Upon further review the Cincy weekday show definitely out of the question. :-?
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
WVParrothead
If we weren't all crazy ...
Favorite Buffett Song: Stories We Could Tell
Number of Concerts: 118

Post by WVParrothead »

I think I'm going to do the Indy/Cincy/Nashville week. It's been 11 years since I've been to Indy and I'm long overdue for a return. Got a cheap room at the Super 8 in Castleton(hope that's not the slums.. lol)
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
Alpine/Delray/Jones Beach/Nashville(3)
Frisco/Ft Lauderdale/Indy/Orange Beach/Raleigh/Red Rocks/Toronto/VA Beach(2)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 11:43 pm I think I'm going to do the Indy/Cincy/Nashville week. It's been 11 years since I've been to Indy and I'm long overdue for a return. Got a cheap room at the Super 8 in Castleton(hope that's not the slums.. lol)
You've got quite a resume of concerts! Are there any venues that you enjoyed the most, the least?

John
CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

Dr.Corona wrote: June 3, 2021 3:37 pm
CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote: June 3, 2021 2:03 pm I know JoAnn (Tiki Bar) is thinking about going. I'm considering it... looks like Indy may end up being the nearest concert for me this year? Are you going, Ken?
Not in the plans at this time but it would be my only shot at a July show. Would have to be a quick down (Saturday) & back (Sunday) dash. I like the venue, been there once. Upon further review the Cincy weekday show definitely out of the question. :-?
I totally get it! Those weeknight concerts can be a tough go, even if you live close to the venue.

John
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote: June 4, 2021 1:57 pm
WVParrothead wrote: June 3, 2021 11:43 pm I think I'm going to do the Indy/Cincy/Nashville week. It's been 11 years since I've been to Indy and I'm long overdue for a return. Got a cheap room at the Super 8 in Castleton(hope that's not the slums.. lol)
You've got quite a resume of concerts! Are there any venues that you enjoyed the most, the least?
Of course! My favorites as far as the entire experience(including tailgating and venue itself) are Cincinnati, Jones Beach(can literally walk over and swim in the ocean in the middle of the day if you desire) and Great Woods. Tampa at the Fairgrounds is fantastic but he hasn't played outdoors there in awhile. Only done Alpine twice but that was fun, downside being it's literally out in the middle of nowhere. And I can't forget Frisco when he plays at the Soccer stadium there, although he hasn't done that in a few years either. That's literally a 3-day tailgate at that place.

Pittsburgh and Manassas/Bristow used to be at the top of the list too but Live Nation has bungled multiple things at both venues over the past 5-10 years and it's just not the same anymore.

Least favorite? Camden, probably. I only go because it's drivable(about 5 hours) but, man, that venue sucks. Getting in and out, lack of tailgating, the general area it's in. Worst tailgating spots are generally the indoor shows... Vegas at the top of the list(although I love the city)
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
AC/Baltimore/Bangor/Charlotte/Columbus/Detroit/Hershey/Holmdel/Houston/Jaxville/KW/Tinley/WPB(1)
CheeseHead in Paradise!
License to Chill

WVParrothead wrote: June 4, 2021 3:15 pm
CheeseHead in Paradise! wrote: June 4, 2021 1:57 pm
Of course! My favorites as far as the entire experience(including tailgating and venue itself) are Cincinnati, Jones Beach(can literally walk over and swim in the ocean in the middle of the day if you desire) and Great Woods. Tampa at the Fairgrounds is fantastic but he hasn't played outdoors there in awhile. Only done Alpine twice but that was fun, downside being it's literally out in the middle of nowhere. And I can't forget Frisco when he plays at the Soccer stadium there, although he hasn't done that in a few years either. That's literally a 3-day tailgate at that place.

Pittsburgh and Manassas/Bristow used to be at the top of the list too but Live Nation has bungled multiple things at both venues over the past 5-10 years and it's just not the same anymore.

Least favorite? Camden, probably. I only go because it's drivable(about 5 hours) but, man, that venue sucks. Getting in and out, lack of tailgating, the general area it's in. Worst tailgating spots are generally the indoor shows... Vegas at the top of the list(although I love the city)
Thanks for the reviews - Haha! I really regret not having the opportunity to travel around the country to different venues. I'm sure each has it's own unique flavor, it would be so neat to experience that. I've heard wonderful things about many of those places on your list. Sadly, I've only been able to see JB perform at Alpine, Milwaukee and Chicago.

John
nckodo
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 21

Post by nckodo »

Have not been to Indy since it was Deer Creek, what time does parking lot typically start?
BPinMI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: he went to paris
Number of Concerts: 20

Post by BPinMI »

Indy (Noblesville) has become our favorite road trip show over the years. We're headed down there 7/10. Can't wait! Hoping the parking lot scene and time is business as usual.
Uncle John
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 69
Favorite Boat Drink: Dirty Banana

Post by Uncle John »

nckodo wrote: June 7, 2021 5:02 pm Have not been to Indy since it was Deer Creek, what time does parking lot typically start?
I believe it’s 1:00. Last time (2018) there was a line of cars lined up on the road waiting for them to open the gates and they did so right around then. It’s a pretty great time there!
Some people never find it
Some... only pretend, but me:
I just want to live happily ever after every now and then
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

nckodo wrote: June 7, 2021 5:02 pm Have not been to Indy since it was Deer Creek, what time does parking lot typically start?
You never know with Indy. I've been hassled for taking to long to decide which blankets to take in, but other years they've opened before noon, and last time we went (it has been a few years) it was late afternoon.
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
StingrayWI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Volcano
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by StingrayWI »

Here's a somewhat random question, but I'm hopeful someone can help me out. My husband and I are making it a trifecta of concerts -- Nashville, Indy and Cincinnati. Wondering if anyone ever refers to Indy as FINdy? I'm creating a t-shirt design and wanted to put Nashville ~ FINdy ~ FINcinnati, but not sure if anyone ever says FINdy. Opinions welcome.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

StingrayWI wrote: June 24, 2021 1:26 pm Here's a somewhat random question, but I'm hopeful someone can help me out. My husband and I are making it a trifecta of concerts -- Nashville, Indy and Cincinnati. Wondering if anyone ever refers to Indy as FINdy? I'm creating a t-shirt design and wanted to put Nashville ~ FINdy ~ FINcinnati, but not sure if anyone ever says FINdy. Opinions welcome.
Cute idea. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

StingrayWI wrote: June 24, 2021 1:26 pm Here's a somewhat random question, but I'm hopeful someone can help me out. My husband and I are making it a trifecta of concerts -- Nashville, Indy and Cincinnati. Wondering if anyone ever refers to Indy as FINdy? I'm creating a t-shirt design and wanted to put Nashville ~ FINdy ~ FINcinnati, but not sure if anyone ever says FINdy. Opinions welcome.
You mine as well go all out and throw FINashville in there too. 8)
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)
StingrayWI
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Volcano
Number of Concerts: 12

Post by StingrayWI »

Not gonna lie, I did consider NashARITAville.
Last edited by StingrayWI on June 24, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

StingrayWI wrote: June 24, 2021 5:41 pm
Not gonna lie, I did consider NashARITAville.
The Nasharitaville is a nice touch!

The local parrothead club is PHindy.

I’ll look for your shirts!
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Post by Tiki Bar »

Ironically, unless anything changes, we are staying in the same Super8 slums as you!!

I’m going with a fun couple, arriving Friday afternoon. Maybe we can meet (not meat)! (old school BN joke!)
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
WVParrothead

Post by WVParrothead »

Tiki Bar wrote: June 26, 2021 4:43 pm
Ironically, unless anything changes, we are staying in the same Super8 slums as you!!

I’m going with a fun couple, arriving Friday afternoon. Maybe we can meet (not meat)! (old school BN joke!)
For sure Joann! I plan on a little pool time in the afternoon Friday and then hitting up Ryan Berner's pre-show gig Friday night. I'm sure I'll run in to you guys at some point.
Pittsburgh(17)
Cincy(15)
Bristow(14)
Boston(11)
Camden(6)
Tampa/Vegas(5)
Blossom(4)