Placencia, Belize

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Placencia, Belize

Post by Thethirstygator »

Going there with wife and 2 teenage boys this month for a week. Looking for recommendations for excursions, bars, restaurants, etc. Thanks.
Great Woods '19!
Thethirstygator
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: The one about drinkin'
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes

Re: Placencia, Belize

Post by Thethirstygator »

Thethirstygator wrote: February 3, 2019 8:26 am Going there with wife and 2 teenage boys this month for a week. Looking for recommendations for excursions, bars, restaurants, etc. Thanks.
Great Woods '19!
I will reply to my own post. We had a great time! We stayed about 7 miles from the Village of Placencia. We rented a house and had plenty of peace and quiet, the house was 25 yards from the ocean. There were lots of nice resorts/restaurants near us if you wanted to go the upscale route (car needed). You could also get down and dirty in Placencia village which was a combination of real local flavor, ExPat owned beach bars (Loved the Pickled Parrot), and shopping. We also did adventure excursions: Zip Lining, River tubing, Jungle walks seeing Howler Monkeys and snorkeling on the 2nd largest reef in the world. Got to swim with Rays, nurse shares and even touched a giant sea turtle. Would highly recommend! Can't wait for the snow to be gone and GW '19.
luckyg71
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Re: Placencia, Belize

Post by luckyg71 »

I have been there several times, the wife is from Belize. We are headed back next week.