FL Keys / Key West

This is a travelogue area for places to visit, stay, eat, etc...

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Re: FL Keys / Key West

Post by Rabbitz »

I thought they all live there anyway?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: September 29, 2020 8:51 am What are you hearing regarding musicians making their way to KW during this period? Anything?
Sorry for the delay. No, I haven't heard anything but I don't follow or keep up with any of them either.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Rabbitz wrote: October 1, 2020 5:46 pm I thought they all live there anyway?

While the local artists are indeed plentiful, At the end of October/first of November is normally the Parrothead convention called Meeting of the Minds. Many many musical entertainers who play music similar to Jimmy & The CRB convene in KW from all over the country. While the official convention has been cancelled, I'm gathering that some Parrotheads are still making their way to KW. I know one of the local artists from here in Michigan is heading down to play his music still. I suspect some musical artists will still trek down as well.
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 2, 2020 9:03 am
Rabbitz wrote: October 1, 2020 5:46 pm I thought they all live there anyway?

While the local artists are indeed plentiful, At the end of October/first of November is normally the Parrothead convention called Meeting of the Minds. Many many musical entertainers who play music similar to Jimmy & The CRB convene in KW from all over the country. While the official convention has been cancelled, I'm gathering that some Parrotheads are still making their way to KW. I know one of the local artists from here in Michigan is heading down to play his music still. I suspect some musical artists will still trek down as well.
I have always wanted to go down for fantasy fest & was really excited I would also be down for MOTM (virgin for both :lol: ).
Even though covid cancelled those festivities I'm still going & plan to enjoy the musical entertainment that does make it down
FLnativ
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Tin Cup Chalice
Number of Concerts: 75

Post by FLnativ »

troprockstrong.com has a schedule with some music going on during October/Nov. in the Keys and SW FL. Pit stop parties etc. :)
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

FLnativ wrote: October 3, 2020 1:42 pm troprockstrong.com has a schedule with some music going on during October/Nov. in the Keys and SW FL. Pit stop parties etc. :)
Knew there was a site providing info....but damned if I could recall it. Thanks Native........
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 4, 2020 2:08 pm Knew there was a site providing info....but damned if I could recall it. Thanks Native........
You thinking of going down?
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

tailgaitingph wrote: October 4, 2020 3:42 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: October 4, 2020 2:08 pm Knew there was a site providing info....but damned if I could recall it. Thanks Native........
You thinking of going down?
So tempted.
My first year down there was 2013. Made return trips 2014, 2015 & 2016. Missed 2017 but returned 2018, the only time I actually attended the official MOTM events. I've had a blast in all my trips down there. Did not go last year.

Had a trip planned to Mexico this past May but that got cancelled due to Covid. Still awaiting my refund from that trip (which I'm hoping comes through any day now). Getting that KW itch again. That Mexican trip refund would "pay the bills" quite nicely for a KW trip. I know it's late in the game but gotta believe there would be quite a bit of availability due to the situation.

Still, I know the music end of things which I love so much will be just a shell of what it normally is. Plus I still have a little bit of concern regarding the Covid situation in the crowded bars & music venues. My heart would like to pull the trigger, but my head has still got me on pause. I know the clock is ticking............

Where are you guys staying? We have been staying in Truman Annex
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Tig is staying at a bed & breakfast (house) & I'm staying at a condo (The Colony). Both 2 blocks off Duvall.

Hope your refund comes through soon, regardless, but would love to have you down to hang with us!
SeattleParrotHead
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

We were going to go to Kauai in May but cancelled in April. We got half of the condo refund back in June and got a check for the other half in the mail last Friday. Whew! We just tried to be patient and not make waves.... we're just glad to get a full refund.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: October 5, 2020 3:15 pm We were going to go to Kauai in May but cancelled in April. We got half of the condo refund back in June and got a check for the other half in the mail last Friday. Whew! We just tried to be patient and not make waves.... we're just glad to get a full refund.
Really glad you got it all back!
So many places have tried to not give back the refund &/or deposit due to 'fine print'. Others have made people jump through hoops or wait (like Dr C)for their refunds, ugh!
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: October 5, 2020 3:15 pm We were going to go to Kauai in May but cancelled in April. We got half of the condo refund back in June and got a check for the other half in the mail last Friday. Whew! We just tried to be patient and not make waves.... we're just glad to get a full refund.
When I first contacted the resort (early April about refund as that's when the resort announced temporary closing), I had a sales consultant assigned to me. She seemed pleasant enough, said all the right things, responded to my emails. Not too worried, figured I'd get reimbursed soon enough. I reached out again first of September....no response. Contacted resort by phone last week. Got the brushoff, sales consultant no longer works there. I finally reached out to my credit card company & filed a claim. Confident I'll be seeing some action soon!
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 5, 2020 3:31 pm
When I first contacted the resort (early April about refund as that's when the resort announced temporary closing), I had a sales consultant assigned to me. She seemed pleasant enough, said all the right things, responded to my emails. Not too worried, figured I'd get reimbursed soon enough. I reached out again first of September....no response. Contacted resort by phone last week. Got the brushoff, sales consultant no longer works there. I finally reached out to my credit card company & filed a claim. Confident I'll be seeing some action soon!
Was gonna ask if you had tried going through your cc. 🤞 for ya!
Put that $ towards a KW trip :lol:
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

FLnativ wrote: October 3, 2020 1:42 pm troprockstrong.com has a schedule with some music going on during October/Nov. in the Keys and SW FL. Pit stop parties etc. :)
Thanks for the info!
Will you be down there during that time?
FLnativ
I have found me a home

Post by FLnativ »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 4, 2020 2:08 pm
Knew there was a site providing info....but damned if I could recall it. Thanks Native........
You're welcome :)
FLnativ
I have found me a home

Post by FLnativ »

tailgaitingph wrote: October 7, 2020 8:13 pm
Thanks for the info!
Will you be down there during that time?
Not going down this year.

I'm just not comfortable with being in large crowds just yet. I've been on a couple of trips recently with small groups of friends.

Hope you have a great time! :)
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

We won't be there either.

Not that we were planning to go, but I thought I should make it clear in case you all went out and bought in Vegemite and Kangaroo Jerky for us...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Rabbitz wrote: October 10, 2020 12:39 am We won't be there either.

Not that we were planning to go, but I thought I should make it clear in case you all went out and bought in Vegemite and Kangaroo Jerky for us...

Well dang. I think there's still time to cancel my order...
[smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

No Vegemite or K jerky for ya but had an order in for some Victoria Bitter's to bring down :wink:
Rabbitz
Hoot!

Post by Rabbitz »

Dr.Corona wrote: October 11, 2020 7:10 pm

No Vegemite or K jerky for ya but had an order in for some Victoria Bitter's to bring down :wink:
Good Old Vitamin B.

Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman