BuffettNews on Myspace

Read here first before posting messages.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Breath in, breath out, move on
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with coconut rum

Post by Sidew13 »

SMLCHNG wrote:
ragtopW wrote:
Kernal Must Terd wrote:??????
who? what? Me? huh?........yea right.
Uh what we were saying is We have no idea what you are talking about...
a lot of us have no My space Account..
Thanks, Santa.
I have one.. rarely used.. and no clue what the comment meant. :roll:
On your page in My Space, you can pick your top friends so that when some one looks at your page, their picture is the first ones you see. So if PHJim wanted to on the BN page, he could set it up so when I look at the BN page, in the BuffettNews' Friends Space, I could see for example the top posters as the top friends. So Jim's top friends would be Queen, Spring, SGH, Z, and PHaw :D
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Sidew13 wrote:On your page in My Space, you can pick your top friends so that when some one looks at your page, their picture is the first ones you see.
:) Thanks, KBNP!
Sidew13
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Breath in, breath out, move on
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with coconut rum

Post by Sidew13 »

SMLCHNG wrote:
Sidew13 wrote:On your page in My Space, you can pick your top friends so that when some one looks at your page, their picture is the first ones you see.
:) Thanks, KBNP!
WOOOO HOOOO, I answered a question for the Queen. Marking this day down on the calender :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trying to Take Another Road

Image Image
buffettbride
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 5
Favorite Boat Drink: Cuba Libre

Post by buffettbride »

I pick my nose instead of picking friends.
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

I have to agree with the people that are somewhat dismayed as to why there is a BN page on myspace.

Which is now owned by FOX. Watch out. There are also meth smoking closted gay priests among myspace - maybe.

And so on.

One would think there is enough to deal with on BN's site - is there anything more to say on myspace that can't be said on BN? I, for one, do not think so. But then I don't have to go to myspace either.

I have friends that have their own myspace pages, musicians, and some of them are to the point of just shutting the whole thing down because of all the stupid friends and their thanks for the adds etc...and unknown spamming.

Keeping in touch with friends. I really thought phone calls, post cards, snail and e-mail were a way to keep in touch with friends. Whatever, I tried to set up a myspace page just so I could look at something another friend e-mailed me about and I could never figure it out! I gave up. It's just that much more crap out there to choosingly have to deal with. Now that FOX owns it it will probably go down the youtubes (ha ha!).
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

JustDucky wrote: I have friends that have their own myspace pages, musicians, and some of them are to the point of just shutting the whole thing down because of all the stupid friends and their thanks for the adds etc...and unknown spamming.
Hey Jerry Fletcher, everything is not a conspiracy :lol:

Much like with email, there's a "delete" feature but being that they are musicians, I'm sure they want their name out there.
But at least they can delete unwanted messages and comments or even the "friends" that are causing the problem..
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

I'm not saying it is a conspiracy, it's just that myspace has become a landfill of crap. It went from being a place to check out some tunes to LOOK AT ME! The usual posts from 'friends' are Thanks for the add! or whatever.

I don't understand it but I don't go to or deal with myspace either. It just seems odd to see someone say Thanks and then there's some picture and that's it? Obviously it's some kind of lazy networking. My friends do go through and select what gets posted. But they tell me there's just more and more crap coming in and it's getting to be not worth doing anymore.

I could see having a myspace for music and NOT having friends and people posting silly things.
parrotpartygod
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: A Pirate Looks @ 40 Sarongs You Know By Heart
Location: Riding Shotgun With The Four Wenches Of The Apocalips

Post by parrotpartygod »

All that glitters is not gold :pirate:
"He answered that nobody but himself and the Devil knew where it was, and the longest liver should take all." - as quoted by Edward "Blackbeard" Teach

ragtopW
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by ragtopW »

JustDucky wrote:I'm not saying it is a conspiracy, it's just that myspace has become a landfill of crap. It went from being a place to check out some tunes to LOOK AT ME! The usual posts from 'friends' are Thanks for the add! or whatever.

I don't understand it but I don't go to or deal with myspace either. It just seems odd to see someone say Thanks and then there's some picture and that's it? Obviously it's some kind of lazy networking. My friends do go through and select what gets posted. But they tell me there's just more and more crap coming in and it's getting to be not worth doing anymore.

I could see having a myspace for music and NOT having friends and people posting silly things.
Thanks..
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Yer welcome....I guess.
Midnight Flyer
License to Chill
Favorite Boat Drink: Mojitos in the desert
Location: cruising on my landing gear just "taxiing round SJD" NOT heading back to KSNA!

Post by Midnight Flyer »

JustDucky wrote:I have to agree with the people that are somewhat dismayed as to why there is a BN page on myspace.

One would think there is enough to deal with on BN's site - is there anything more to say on myspace that can't be said on BN? I, for one, do not think so.
I think this is just a case of Jim trying to "keep up with the Joneses" or in this case that "other site". :roll:
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."-MARK TWAIN
lostintheNW
I have found me a home

Post by lostintheNW »

citcat wrote::o I'm a-skeered of mySpace. :o [smilie=paranoid.gif]

I was, until the kids got me a myspace place of my own to play with. You can set it to show only your friends or the public what you want them to see.
Bwana Paul
License to Chill
Number of Concerts: 200

By the way.

Post by Bwana Paul »

It's "you're" welcome.
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Hey Bwana - that 'yer welcome' was phonetic. Damn, get with it mon.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

JustDucky wrote:Hey Bwana - that 'yer welcome' was phonetic. Damn, get with it mon.
Thanks..
gingerbreadman
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by gingerbreadman »

ragtopW wrote:
JustDucky wrote:Hey Bwana - that 'yer welcome' was phonetic. Damn, get with it mon.
Thanks..
Santa, I got my candle snuffer if you need it... :wink:
Hey Snake, we need more wine!

JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Hey ragtopW, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday and Sunday - lot's to do - thaaaaaaanks...
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Hey now that FOX can use any and every song that's posted on myspace and not have to pay out any money to songwriters/artists/labels/publishers/etc I wonder if they'll abuse their position and plaster whoever all over their shows with glee.
ragtopW
Last Man Standing

Post by ragtopW »

JustDucky wrote:Hey ragtopW, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday and Sunday - lot's to do - thaaaaaaanks...
bring money..
JustDucky
I Love the Now!

Post by JustDucky »

Ahhh, yeeeaaah. Well, you see, that's not the way it works. Oh and I'll need that stapler back, thaaannkkkssss.