WARNING...TICKET SCAM ARTIST OUT HERE...BEWARE!!!

Read here first before posting messages.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Ceol na Mara
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: "Jimmy Dreams"
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Frzn Strwbrry Daq w/real strwbrr & real cream

Post by Ceol na Mara »

Parrot Monkey
I Love the Now!
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Parrot Monkey »

I share the same species and planet with this jerk? Just thinking about it makes me angry. :evil:
MelliJellyBean
At the Bama Breeze

Post by MelliJellyBean »

gosh i hope they catch this guy...what a LOSER.

I feel bad for all the people he has conned so far.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

def seems very friendly, yet is pushy and anxious to close a deal quickly.

Pretty standard approach. Disarm with charm. Blitz the mark so they don't have time to think "Hey.. this sounds like bull$*#". Use a variety of sob stories to set up a sympathetic reaction, pushing buttons until one works.
vitalisvh

He used the name Justin Rosen with me.

Post by vitalisvh »

He used the same phone number though. Anybody following up on this?
marla

he's back

Post by marla »

this same guy tried to scam me last week for tix to alpine valley. thanks so much for these posts!!! i might have fallen for it if i hadn't read these messages--same story, same triplets, same phone number. when I confronted him, he hung up on me. please pass the word--i would hate for any one else to lose money to this jerk.
ph4ever
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: CILCIA or OPH
Number of Concerts: 299
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum with my Chum or beer

Re: Scam artist at work today 6-17

Post by ph4ever »

Gypsy In The Palace wrote:Now that we have an address, maybe someone who has been scammed should report him to the Miami Police so that we can stop this guy before anyone else gets scammed.

wasn't there another thread that not only listed his Name it showed a pic of him??
Well...(said in my best Bubba voice) I've been on sabbatical.
nycparrothead
Changing Channels

Post by nycparrothead »

Uh... Oops... I hate the forums where ya can't delete when the board freezes and you triple post... Sorry bout that... :oops: :oops: :oops:
A1A BOUND
License to Chill

Post by A1A BOUND »

bastards :x
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

nycparrothead wrote:Uh... Oops... I hate the forums where ya can't delete when the board freezes and you triple post... Sorry bout that... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Are you trying to post this as many times as your picture has been posted? :lol: :wink:
Ceol na Mara

Post by Ceol na Mara »

He might just pick and use the name of some person involved in charities, so that if you try to look it up before you send the money, you think, "Oh, he must be on the level. Someone like that wouldn't defraud you." Is the money supposed to be sent to that address, or to a WU office where he picks up the money?
HsvParrothead
Under My Lone Palm

Post by HsvParrothead »

Now I'm gonna be starting my search right after Alpine (in 2 weeks) for my Chicago tix in August... How did all of you ended being contacted by him --- was he on ebay or the ticket exchange elsewhere like CoBo (forgive me for saying it :oops: ) or M'ville.com .... whats the deal ---

how is HE finding US ???? Cause I sure cant afford to run into him :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
MOTM 2005
Sip, Sip, Give
Every Stripper Deserves A DJ
There's gotta be a girl drunk enough in this town
Gerber!

MOTM 2006
I Make Her What?? :o
2am, Jack Flats, I Lost Cuervo!!
The Curse..
Ceol na Mara

Post by Ceol na Mara »

I was wondering the same thing. How is he finding and contacting Parrot Heads?
djtommyt
I have found me a home

Post by djtommyt »

Look thru the Ticket Exchange here, any show... Some people list their phone numbers for either buying or selling. I think if I was looking for tickets or selling them, the last thing I would do is put my phone number on the internet where countless people have access to it.
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Gypsy In The Palace
I Love the Now!

Post by Gypsy In The Palace »

The thing is though, djtommyt, unless you are unlisted, the whole world already does have access to your phone number. The telephone book is available online. The only difference is that by posting it here, you are identifying that you are looking for tickets and opening the door for anyone with tickets or for anyone trying to con people about tickets to call you.

I probably wouldn't hesitate to post my phone number in an ad. After all, he could just easily PM or e-mail you. What you have to do is exercise common sense. If someoe offers backstage passes, a caution light should go off in your head (By saying that, I hope no one here who has fallen for him will take offense. After all, I can understand how you could get excited and think you've found a great deal). Never use instant cash transfer services like Western Union. And, if you can convince the seller to send the tickets COD, that is your best bet. But, sometimes, they are relunctant to do that because they have to send the tickets without the money.
djtommyt
I have found me a home

Post by djtommyt »

Gypsy In The Palace wrote:The thing is though, djtommyt, unless you are unlisted, the whole world already does have access to your phone number. The telephone book is available online. The only difference is that by posting it here, you are identifying that you are looking for tickets and opening the door for anyone with tickets or for anyone trying to con people about tickets to call you.

I probably wouldn't hesitate to post my phone number in an ad. After all, he could just easily PM or e-mail you. What you have to do is exercise common sense. If someoe offers backstage passes, a caution light should go off in your head (By saying that, I hope no one here who has fallen for him will take offense. After all, I can understand how you could get excited and think you've found a great deal). Never use instant cash transfer services like Western Union. And, if you can convince the seller to send the tickets COD, that is your best bet. But, sometimes, they are relunctant to do that because they have to send the tickets without the money.
I agree 100% with you, common sense is most important. I was just pointing out a possible way that people are getting contacted in regards to this post...
HsvParrothead wrote:... How did all of you ended being contacted by him --- was he on ebay or the ticket exchange elsewhere ...

how is HE finding US ???? Cause I sure cant afford to run into him :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm not saying that listing your number is wrong. If I was selling or listing thickets, I dont think I would list my number. I would just list my first name and a email address, just like others have already done in the exchange. I would want something in writing, either handwritten or at least a email that's traceable. ALso COD is probably the best gaurantee that your tickets do arrive.
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
spainjane
Half-baked cookies in the oven

ticket scams

Post by spainjane »

Similar thing happened to me last summer, some guy (no ebay ID) emailed me after he saw I bid and lost on ebay tickets. He offered me 4 6th row seats for $600. My first reaction was "COOL!!! Where do I send the money?"
But luckily before I did, I looked up his name and info and he didn't seem to exist. I thought twice and asked him to fax me a copy of the tickets. I said I wanted to show my friends so they'd give me the cash. (Not really, but I didn't want to say "I don't trust you")
This guy who claimed to be a stock broker and was too busy, and claimed to not have access to a fax or copier, was after me to send the money for the next few weeks. Every office, library, kinkos, etc has a fax and copier. If someone really has tickets or passes, there's no harm in showing them to you before you send them megabucks, right?
Glad to see you guys posting this stuff. I felt like a fool for believing at first...
It's a jungle out there kiddies!
Image Image
desertphan

SCAM

Post by desertphan »

This guy got me too. Over a year ago...Same story. He's a ticket broker in Miami, and he can get backstage passes. I Western Unioned him $300. What a slimeball!! :evil: Hopefully karma will come around and deal him a nasty blow. What a jerk. I can't believe he's still out there getting away with this.
Joni Tyring
I gotta go where it's warm

Post by Joni Tyring »

Thank You for the tip, I will be on my toes when I go to buy Tickets.
Again, Thank You so much :D
SchoolGirlHeart
Last Man Standing

Post by SchoolGirlHeart »

Probably worth bringing BTT, since it's concert/ticket season and these scum are still out there....
Carry on as you know they would want you to do. ~~JB, dedication to Tim Russert

Take your time
Find your passion
Life goes on until it ends
Don’t stop living
Until then

~~Mac McAnally