WARNING...TICKET SCAM ARTIST OUT HERE...BEWARE!!!

Read here first before posting messages.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

F1NZZZ
Southeast of disorder

Re: WARNING...TICKET SCAM ARTIST OUT HERE...BEWARE!!!

Post by F1NZZZ »

Jeannette wrote:WARNING: Never accept Western Union as Payment for Tickets!!! If someone calls you and has tickets for sale check to see if caller id is blocked. A legitiment business (ticket broker) will show up with caller id.

BUYERS BEWARE OF A MAN BY THE NAME OF ROBERT GLASS SUPPOSEDLY FROM MIAMI FLORIDA SELLING TICKETS AND BACKSTAGE PASSES....REALLY BAD NEWS!!!!!!

I GOT THE SAME CALL TOO ON SATURDAY MORNING AND ALMOST FORKED OVER $700.00....NOTHING EVER CAME BY FED EX AND NOW THERE IS NO ANSWER AT HIS TELEPHONE NUMBER.
Yikes!
F1NZZZ TO THE LEFT........
spartyinmd
Nibblin' on sponge cake

Post by spartyinmd »

I was almost nailed by a guy like this (maybe same person) for the ACC Tournament in DC. Same thing where he wanted the money Western Union and he was going to sell the tickets to me for the face value even though the seats were supposedly center court and would fetch about 10 times face from brokers or on EBAY. He kept pestering me to send the money for the day and I asked him the exact lcoation...however, he told me the Row # even though the Venue is row Letter. OOPS....he messed that up. NO money from me. I hope nobody gets scammed by these jerks.

Oh and by the way he claim he was a Miami booster and his father was a prof. who dies and left his tickets to him. Also, said his wife was pregnant.

GRR I hate these jerks.
whataguydave
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by whataguydave »

I've seen some people asking how this guy is finding us. He contacted my wife last year. It was right after I posted an ad looking for tickets here on the BN web site. He even said that's how he found the number. He said he had backstage passes for the show at Blossom. Wanted something like $500. I wasn't buying it. With us, he said he'd send the items out Fed Ex and we could open the package and pay for it COD once we received the items (passes, etc.). I suggested we pay AFTER we got into the party and saw the show. But he needed the money right away. Well, even I can print up some fancy looking backstage passes that look real. I've worked for broadcasting companies and have dealt with promotors and record reps before. Unless you work for Corona, a radio station, or something related to the event, they don't hand out backstage passes. Even then, you're not likely to meet Jimmy. We had a backstage party for LeAnn Rhimes and Bryan White (years ago). Never saw either one until they stepped on the stage. And we were the sponsor. At a backstage party, you get a free dinner, a few drinks and meet a bunch of sales reps. Don't be fooled.
JMUparrothead
I have found me a home

Post by JMUparrothead »

SchoolGirlHeart wrote:So, has anyone made a report to the Florida State Police?
I went to file a report to the police when he got me in NY and the police laughed at me.
JMUparrothead
I have found me a home

Post by JMUparrothead »

whataguydave wrote:I've seen some people asking how this guy is finding us. He contacted my wife last year. It was right after I posted an ad looking for tickets here on the BN web site. He even said that's how he found the number. He said he had backstage passes for the show at Blossom. Wanted something like $500. I wasn't buying it. With us, he said he'd send the items out Fed Ex and we could open the package and pay for it COD once we received the items (passes, etc.). I suggested we pay AFTER we got into the party and saw the show. But he needed the money right away. Well, even I can print up some fancy looking backstage passes that look real. I've worked for broadcasting companies and have dealt with promotors and record reps before. Unless you work for Corona, a radio station, or something related to the event, they don't hand out backstage passes. Even then, you're not likely to meet Jimmy. We had a backstage party for LeAnn Rhimes and Bryan White (years ago). Never saw either one until they stepped on the stage. And we were the sponsor. At a backstage party, you get a free dinner, a few drinks and meet a bunch of sales reps. Don't be fooled.
hes definitely reading your website
beelow137

Scam?

Post by beelow137 »

I have a guy who wants to send me the tickets COD through USPS (so I take cash to the Post Office and they release the package to me). Does this sound legitimate, or is this somehow a scam as well? Thanks.
Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

Welcome to BN- it totally depends. Was it someone you contacted, or someone who contacted you? Are they regular posters here or on another Buffett site or newbies?
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
beelow137

Post by beelow137 »

He posted on the Margaritaville discussion board that he had extra tickets (both he and his wife got through to TM). I posted that I was looking for tickets so he sent me an email that he still had the tickets. He seems legitimate, but it's still a lot of money to risk. I go to school in NY and he's in Tampa, so it's almost impossible to get face-to-face. As for how long he's been on the discussion board, I think it said he had 12 posts?
Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

That could easily go either way. How good are the seats? If they're not so good and he just wants face value, he may very well just be a newbie. Have you checked to see if his info matches (reverse phone number lookup, etc.)
Coconuts
Behind Door #3

Post by Coconuts »

Other option- if they're going to the show, see if he's willing to meet up (regardless of when payment is made). Most people from the boards go there to meet other people from the same board. If he'll be there with other people from M'ville, it should be ok.
RinglingRingling
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Glory Days
Favorite Boat Drink: Landshark, and Margaritaville products...

Post by RinglingRingling »

Coconuts wrote:Other option- if they're going to the show, see if he's willing to meet up (regardless of when payment is made). Most people from the boards go there to meet other people from the same board. If he'll be there with other people from M'ville, it should be ok.
sent Beelow a PM. If he is a regular on M'ville, there is a chance some of us BiBoardials have heard of him.
CrznDnUS1
License to Chill
Favorite Buffett Song: I Have Found A Home
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Mezcal

Post by CrznDnUS1 »

This same guy tried to scam me this summer for the Camden show and I almost fell for it. Actually I was on my way out the door to Western Union unil I go a funny feeling and checked BN to find tons of postings like this and stopped immedietly. Glad to know folks like you are out the to look out for us. Seems like this has been going on from the start of time.

Thanks, everyone for the advice. Which was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RUN...RUN.... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS IDIOT!!!!!!
"The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it." - Albert Einstein
pojo
Changing Channels
Number of Concerts: 17

Post by pojo »

I caught the scam with Western Union and the Romania address..... This started getting fishy when the emails were in broken english....

This happened on Ebay.