police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

nutmeg
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: Barefoot Children (this week)
Number of Concerts: 10

police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

Post by nutmeg »

I always get a kick out of reading the police blotter in our local paper. Here are a couple from our "crime log" today

"Deputies were sent to a Midland Township home for a report of a disorderly meat salesman. A resident reported the door to door salesman became belligerant when the resident refused to purchase any products."

"Michigan State Police were sent to Larkin Township for a report of littering." Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant immediately started going through my mind.

"A deputy was dispatched to an Edenville Township home to assist an elderly woman with unloading two handguns, a rifle and a shotgun."

Soooo what's happening where you live????
Friends Walk Together in Life's Garden
ImageImageImage
http://heartofmichiganrescue.com/
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Re: police blotter...so what's happening where you live??

Post by springparrot »

I guess nothing---we don't have a local paper
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

springparrot wrote:I guess nothing---we don't have a local paper

no paper :o How do you find out who got arrested, married, had babies,died, or whatever????
ImageImageImage
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

nutmeg wrote:

no paper :o How do you find out who got arrested, married, had babies,died, or whatever????
I don't, but then we don't really live in a town.
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

springparrot wrote:
nutmeg wrote:

Rural area? or suburb of Big City???

The newspaper for Gladwin, where our cabin is, comes out once a week. They used to have a several columns from the outlying areas that reported who visited who...what events they went to etc. It was a stitch. Broken arms made the paper too. The "social" columns have disappeared, but that paper is still a hoot to read...except for this time of year when it is full of pictures of dead deer.
ImageImageImage
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

nutmeg wrote:
springparrot wrote:
nutmeg wrote:

Rural area? or suburb of Big City???

The newspaper for Gladwin, where our cabin is, comes out once a week. They used to have a several columns from the outlying areas that reported who visited who...what events they went to etc. It was a stitch. Broken arms made the paper too. The "social" columns have disappeared, but that paper is still a hoot to read...except for this time of year when it is full of pictures of dead deer.
Houston doesn't print any of our news.
pema
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by pema »

nutmeg wrote:

where i live, you can find out all that if you stop by the country kitchen :lol:
Erin Image

"Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere
Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair"
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

pema wrote:
nutmeg wrote:

where i live, you can find out all that if you stop by the country kitchen :lol:

Well that works. :P
ImageImageImage
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

ITS ON PAGE 4 to intoxicated to figure out hoe to paste and copy http://www.oceancitygazette.com/
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

there is definitely a lot of contempt of court there...
ImageImageImage
thebeachbumm33
I Love the Now!

Post by thebeachbumm33 »

nutmeg wrote:there is definitely a lot of contempt of court there...
That's what happens when you live in a tourist area, nobody shows up for court, I think :D
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do So throw off the bowlines Sail away from the safe harbor Catch the trade winds in your sails Explore Dream Discover
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

The Denver Metro area is much too big..... there's only one newspaper for the city since the Rocky Mountain News folded, and that's the Denver Post. Most of the news I need to see I get online. And there's too many births/deaths/crimes to see 'em all. [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

SMLCHNG wrote:The Denver Metro area is much too big..... there's only one newspaper for the city since the Rocky Mountain News folded, and that's the Denver Post. Most of the news I need to see I get online. And there's too many births/deaths/crimes to see 'em all. [smilie=beadygrinner.gif]

I love living in a small town... :P
ImageImageImage
pair8head
God's Own Drunk
Number of Concerts: 300
Location: I'm not in the middle of nowhere but, you can see it from here.

Post by pair8head »

Auburn Washington Fire and Rescue
The Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 167 calls for service between Oct. 26 and Nov. 1, among them the following:

Oct. 26
Fire: 12:31 p.m., (Pacific). Firefighters responding to an oil fire in the 500 block of Puget Place South found that the resident, gender not given, had run into trouble using a portable propane appliance to heat oil for deep frying. Firefighters snuffed the fire and used a portable smoke fan to clear the smoke out of the garage. Firefighters took time to educate the homeowner on the hazards of deep frying inside a building.

Oct. 27
Aid call: 1:25 p.m., (Algona). Firefighters provided care to a boy at Alpac Elementary who was suffering seizure-like symptoms on the playground. The boy's father took him to Auburn Regional Medical Center (ARMC) for further evaluation.

Oct. 28
Aid call: 12:12 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters helped a woman who had fallen and bumped her head. Firefighters used ice packs to help control swelling and the woman's daughter drove her to the emergency room at St. Francis Hospital.

Oct. 29
Aid call: 11:04 a.m., (Auburn). Firefighters and King County Medics treated a person, gender not given, who had overdosed on an opiate. King County Medics transported him or her ARMC.

Oct. 30
Fire alarm: 5:57 p.m., (Lea Hill). Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Green River Community College’s Lindbloom Center only to find that students had accidentally set off the alarm as they were decorating for a Halloween party. Firefighters reset the system.

Oct. 31
Aid call: 7:40 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters and Medics examined and treated a man who had been complaining of chest pain. Medic 6 transported the man to ARMC.

Nov. 1
Car vs. pedestrian: 12:17 p.m., (Auburn). Firefighters treated a boy for a fractured leg that he sustained when a car struck him at the intersection of 14th Streetand Harvey Road Northeast. Firefighters transported the boy to ARMC for follow-up treatment.
Auburn Washington Police
Oct. 27
Burglary: Overnight, 506 1st St. SW. Somebody burglarized an apartment at the Knickerbocker Mansion. Police didn't close whether anything was actually taken.

Theft from vehicle: 10:45 a.m., 1044 Supermall Way SW. A woman told police that somebody smashed a window on her vehicle and stole her company laptop. Police did not disclose a value.

Vandalism: 2 p.m., 400 block of 37th Street Southeast. Somebody slashed all four tires on a woman's vehicle. Police did not disclose a value for the damages.

Burglary: 11 a.m., 1404 Lake Tapps Parkway SE. Someone tried to burglarize an undisclosed store in the Lakeland Town Center by prying off the back door handle. They failed, they didn't get in, they took nothing.

Oct. 29
Theft: Overnight, 800 block of Pike Street Northeast. A man reported that somebody broke the passenger side window of his daughter's car to get in, swiped a pair of sunglasses, damaged the center console and stole the inner liner.

Theft: 7:05 a.m., 1268 E. Main St. Somebody broke a louvered window and stole a $3 dental tray from a dentist's office in the East Main Professional Center.

Nov. 2
Vandalism: 5:59 a.m., 1800 block of 4th Place Northeast. A man reported that somebody smashed the passenger window on his city-owned work truck. Nothing was stolen. Police did not disclose a value for the damages.

Theft: 7:26 p.m., 2300 block of O Street Northeast. A woman told police that someone might have stolen her wallet from her apartment, a conclusion she reached because she has been unable to find the purse since early October. The woman thinks she knows who did it but has no proof.

Purse theft: 7:39 p.m., 1057 Supermall Way SW. While a woman was shopping at the SuperMall, someone reached into her child's baby stroller and stole her purse. Police did not disclose a value for the stolen purse or its contents.

Theft: 1 p.m., 2800 block of Auburn Way North. Auburn residents who had just spent $80,000 on a landscaping job fell victim to thieves who stole plants, swiped a weeping Japanese maple and even tried to cart away a marble bench. The loss was estimated at $2,500.

Nov. 3
Trespassing: 10:36 a.m., 1347 Auburn Way N. A man learned he would not be welcomed back at Albertsons until 2016.

Bogus bill: 12:40 p.m., 800 4th St. NE. Somebody passed a counterfeit 20-dollar bill at the Auburn High School DECA store.

Another trespassing: 1:32 a.m., 124 2nd St. SE. Somebody's bad but undisclosed early morning behavior got them kicked out of the Spunky Monkey with a warning not to come back. Unhappily, he or she didn't heed the advice, returned to said establishment and got busted.
SAVE THE EARTH
It's the only Planet that has chocolate.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

How about this....

Harrisburg man charged with attacking woman he claims reneged on sex-for-cash deal
By CHRIS A. COUROGEN, The Patriot-News
November 12, 2009, 10:03AM
A Harrisburg man was arrested last night after police said he attacked a woman who reneged on a sex-for-cash deal.

Michael D. Marko, 57, of the first block of North Second Street, told police he met the woman at a bar in Harrisburg and took her to the Econo-Lodge in the 800 block of North Front Street in Wormleysburg, court documents state.

Marko told police the woman initially asked for $100 to have sex, but he was able to negotiate a $50 deal and paid the woman with cash. The woman got undressed, then told Marko she had changed her mind, the documents state. Marko said he grabbed her purse when she refused to give him back his money.

Witnesses told police they saw Marko strike the woman and attempt to choke her. Marko stopped when the witness yelled at him and told him to stop, the documents state. The woman suffered bruising on her knees and had redness on her neck, police said.

Marko was charged with simple assault and harassment. He was arraigned this morning by on-call District Judge Charles A. Clement Jr., who released Marko on $5,000 unsecured bail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to school with the judge and the hotel is about 3 miles down the road from me.
Who's got the rum?
Quint
Havana Daydreamin'

Post by Quint »

pema wrote:
nutmeg wrote:

Kind of like the Coconut Telegraph I see. Sometimes that is the best news. It may not all be true but at least it is fun. :)
" I am but just a small bug on the windshield of life"
VanillaGrl
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin'
Favorite Boat Drink: Guinness - Heaven in a Pint!

Post by VanillaGrl »

Yeah, Maye's Hardware..that's where you get all the news you need for our little dot on the map. :D
KK :wench:
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

Theft: 7:05 a.m., 1268 E. Main St. Somebody broke a louvered window and stole a $3 dental tray from a dentist's office in the East Main Professional Center.

wow! do you think they will be able to fence it??? Wonder how much they got for it :lol:
ImageImageImage
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Small towns — where everyone knows what everyone else is doing.
But they still buy the paper is to see who got caught at it..... :oops:
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
nutmeg
Last Man Standing

Post by nutmeg »

Bicycle Bill wrote:Small towns — where everyone knows what everyone else is doing.
But they still buy the paper is to see who got caught at it..... :oops:
-"BB"-

Yep!!
ImageImageImage