2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

johnson2113
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Dark & Stormy, Bourbon & Branch, Bloody Mary

2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

Post by johnson2113 »

The week before Christmas until the week after New Year's was our break.

The baseball team already has a bunch of tournaments, a full week in Kentucky, down to Arkansas and Oklahoma.

The volleyball team is not playing league and just doing tournaments as well. From August to December, they went 55-5.

The first tournament, no one knew what to expect, everyone was nervous and excited. The girls had a blast. They went undefeated in pool play and one the first match, 2-1 and the championship match, 2-0.

Last weekend was the second tournament of the season. A little bit different a full day, 8AM to 4PM. Five pool play matches. They rolled, holy cow, did they roll. Undefeated in pool play. 10-0. Automatic bye into the championship game. The great thing about this is they all had to take a four-hour test to play tournaments. They had to learn the game, because when they don't play the keep score, line judge, do all sorts of officiating.

The championship game they had a 90-minute break and the team they played had two matches back-to-back. They were warmed up and running on adrenaline. We were cold and flat. They dropped the first match 20-25. They came back in the second match and one of the girls go into the zone, she served 11 straight points. The girls got loose and were making plays. It was amazing.

Don't take the Storm to a third match, it's ugly, it's a bloodbath. Twice in bracket play the have gone to a third match and twice they have rolled to a double-digit lead and an easy championship win. Still have a lot to learn about volleyball rankings, but for a while they were ranked number one from Western Kansas to Western Missouri!

Her setting is second to none right now, she's putting that ball where she wants it.

Her over the back bump is awesome!

She gets a little fired up!

First tournament championship

Don't want to get into a whole thing, but pictures without the masks are better.

Backwards bump, backwards set, she can get up over the net, she plays much, much bigger than her size.

johnson2113
Hoot!

Re: 2022 KC Storm, BTL Hornets, ONW Ravens Thread

Post by johnson2113 »

What a month, February has to be the worst of the 12. The Storm, hit it hard, 3 tournaments to start the year. Kicked some serious butt in the first two. Took the championship in the first two. They could have fought for the championship in the third, but they had been on such a streak, they had to hit a wall, eventually.

In my opinion they could have been competing in that tourney, but they just did not. No big deal, I know what I know, I know what I saw, I know what I shot. They are much better than the teams they played.

Now, I know what all the boys and girls, I'm listening to US 1 out of Key West, Three Dog Night, my goodness, One Dog Night is enough for me, I know what all the boys and girls of Buffett News want, those fantastic 34 Photography picture. I will get there. I have to go a little personal first.

Back at the end of baseball season, BTL Hornets baseball season, Bub and Ryanne's Papa got his second knee replaced. Just before Halloween he developed a blister on his replaced knee. Bub and Ryanne's Nene took care of that knee. She took care of it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.

My 'old man' got his knee done by the guy that is the Kansas City Royals & Chiefs doctor, and then they did not give a good *** **** afterwards until they realized they may have f**ked up and then realized they could get their a**es sued. And let me tell you it is very, very hard to control myself in this situation.

Bub and Ryanne just want to know when Papa is going to watch them play. Well, I can tell you a month of watching their house, their dog, that Papa will be watching Bub and Ryanne excel, be the leaders they were born to be, he is going to watch them on ONE F***ING LEG.

That's right, the doctors that take care of the Royals and Chiefs, did such a p*** poor job with my father, the man I watched walk through the door of our trailer when I was seven years old after cutting his leg with a chainsaw, had it amputated on Super Bowl Sunday.

I don't need any FinPower, I do appreciate it for my parents, my father doesn't need it, my mother doesn't need it. I have to go to a tournament tomorrow, being real F**King S****y about mask tomorrow, it's going to be ugly.

Been one hell of a month for Uncle Jerred, gonna be one hell of a day for any M*****F***** for anyone that gets in my face, I'm burning Lawrence to the ground.

Okay! They are hitting me, pictures before it gets ugly. What the Kansas City News tomorrow just in case you want to see me at my absolute best tomorrow!

She is specular, she is everything I aspire to be.

Whenever I try to adjust my pictures for adjustments, I almost always pick Bub or Ryanne. This picture was something that caught my attention before I knew what I had. One of the greatest pictures I have shot.

I appreciate if you all start a gofundme after tomorrow.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

I have completely done the opposite of embracing social media, BN and Flickr are the worlds I want to exist in and nothing else. Everyone keeps trying to drag me in, but I resist.

My sister created a FB messenger group for my father's 'family',"It was a shark bite".

As a parrothead and aspiring pirate I appreciate it, but I don't live in that world, I am a man living in the real world, and most of the men I know don't live in this world, I know my father.

I was 7 years old, he cut his leg with a chainsaw, and he came home, got cleaned up, went to the hospital and got sutured up an went home. He is a tough SOB, and he has been the guy to make sure everyone in this family has the opportunity in this world. Not any of my uncles or aunts. My father has been the guy to make sure anyone in this family exceeds their own expectations.

Now he is going to be on one leg, literally, and I don't imagine a single one of them will be coming up to help him, but you can ******* guarantee I will be, and I will still be waiting on a single woman, but do you think any single one of these scumbags will think about me, NOPE.

Please send some finpower, to my folks, my sister, my brother in law, my niece and nephew, don't worry about me, Bub and Ryanne mean more to me.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

So sorry to hear about your dad, Jerred. Please PM me his address if you think he would appreciate some cards from internet strangers? Would love to send along a note of cheer and maybe a Maine surprise or something.

Ryanne looks like as much of a bad azz as her brother. [smilie=coolup.gif]
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

Damn Jerred! Sending much phin power for your parents, sister, brother in law, neice & nephew!!
I'll send you hugs instead & start a collection for bail money [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Dang. I have no great words here. I'm so sorry for all that has happened. ☹
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Shooting all the phinpower possible to your circle of family
Sad to hear of all the events that have taken place man!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Thanks everyone, I'll pass along on the notes. Right now, he just wants to get home. He hasn't been gone this long since the summer of 1989, when we all went to North Dakota, he made money that summer, thank goodness he's been all about health insurance since the seventies.

He finally got into the rehab center, so that is a big step forward. Mom is staying at my place, I am staying at their house. My cousin has built a wheel chair ramp. The house is as clean as it has been since they built it.

I have to say, he did not get a bargain basement surgeon, but they sure did a poor job through the holiday season. I watched him walk through the door of the trailer we were living in, during that summer of 1989, after cutting his leg with a chainsaw. I know he can get through this, but there is absolutely no reason he should. It's just a mess, that we all will do what we do, fight through it.

Thanks again.

On a side note, The Storm had a tournament this weekend. Still trying to figure out pictures. I got a new camera and there is a big learning curve from what I was using. They did good. Took first through pool play. Came back in bracket and won a hard-fought match. Fell in the championship game in a three set match to take second.

I'll get some great pics, once I figure out what in the world I shot.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

A Blue Devil Bash - Kansas City Kansas Community College

Let me preface this by saying everyone is okay. And there ain't no one that will ever forget this tournament.

All of these tournaments say you have to wear, mask no one has been making a big deal about it. This time they were, I put it on a handkerchief, pulled it off when I got set up. They were forcing us to sit on the opposite side of the court, Emily is recording video, I am shooting pictures, we went to the other side and got our angles.

We chatted while the girls rolled through the first two matches everything was fine. The team looked sharp. The third match, the Storm was officiating, we went over and sat with the other parents and were talking about nothing important.

Em ate a banana, she got up to go through the peel away, I didn't think anything of it. I'm sitting there on my portable stool, and this one comes up and grabs me on the shoulders. I can't remember a thing she said to me. I turned and looked over my shoulder. I cannot honestly say I knew what I was looking at, I just remember jumping to my feet and running across the court.

I get over there and Em is on the ground. I see blood all over her face, the floor, her sweater. A woman has a hold of her head, her eyes are rolled back, she is spitting up the banana. People are screaming to call 911, I see her chin is busted open. If time was flying at that moment, it was standing still at the same time.

The paramedics get there and get her on the stretcher. She is starting to come to a little bit. Some dads grabbed some blankets and held them up to block the view from all the teams. I'm talking to one of the paramedics, trying to give them as much of her history as I know.

She had a seizure, some of the medication mixed that doesn't mix very well. She was in the hospital most of the afternoon and evening. She got home by about 6, doesn't remember much, but she sounded good, she looked good, considering.

I used to think my life was boring, I miss boring.

The girls came in second place, they had a long layoff between games, and word spread around the gym pretty fast. They knew something bad happened. They battled all afternoon. Lost the last match in two hard fought games 26-24 and 25-23. The fact these girls made it that far with all that was weighing on their minds.

One of the girls on the team was absolutely devastated afterwards, she wanted to win the tournament so bad for Emily. Emily had to call her afterwards. Spectacular group of ladies.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

How good does he look? The best.

I've got a new camera, I am still trying to learn it.

What do you do when your best catcher becomes you best pitcher, best player?

You have him pitch, pitch the most innings, have the lowest ERA.

Then you put him back in the field...

Have him get you outs...

Have him get blown up at the bag...

And keep him in the game.
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

Just writing this out for the sake of having it written down somewhere in history.

Last year when Bub moved over to the major team, they played a team that was on a hot undefeated streak. Running through tournament after tournament. One of the kids on the team is a real hotshot. When the Hornets played them, it was a close game 3-1, Hornets winning. Two runners on, bottom of the last inning (only 7) at this age. A hot ground ball was hit to Bub at third. He scooped it up, ran to the bag for the force out and ended the game. He ran across the field and leapt into the air and chest bumped another player on the team. They were going crazy and having a lot of fun. The last out was the hotshot. Bub jumped on instagram, flexed a little, a lot.

The other team saw it of course and were pretty ticked off. The thing about major level, it's a very small universe and everyone knows everyone. They have been gunning for, Bubalishes. What we did not know, until recently, is that Bub and the hotshot's sister have been flirting across all the apps. She saw him and thought, he's really cute.

They had a big date on Saturday and all of a sudden Bubbles his crushing the ball again. :pirate: :lol:

I grabbed some picture of the two at the tournament this weekend, may try and sneak them in somewhere to share with you all.

Other than that the team a had an incredible weekend. Beat three teams from the same organization to win a championship. So many great moments and great pictures, cannot wait to go through them all.
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You think you know your baseball, Jerrod?  OK, here ya' go....

PS ——— only three weeks to opening day!
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Bicycle Bill wrote: May 9, 2022 10:25 pm You think you know your baseball, Jerrod?  OK, here ya' go....

PS ——— only three weeks to opening day!
-"BB"-
If there was someone siting on the toilet I would say.....5 to 4, bottom of the 5th, one out & one man on............... :pirate:
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

How about one out, none on?
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Top of the fourth
[something]
One out
None on?

But is all that 'the score'? I thought the score is just how many runs they get.

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: May 10, 2022 4:22 pm How about one out, none on?
[smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=nod.gif]
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Between Dr Corona and LIPH (Larry, is it?), they got it.
(aside ... one of these days, I'm going to have to make a list or something so I know who's who when other people start tossing out names instead of handles)

● the clock shows 3:55 — or 5 to 4
● empty liquor bottle — before the industry went metric, booze used to come in 25.6 oz bottles, or ⅕ of a gallon ... and it's the last of the bottle
● the woman with her clothing en dishabille — one breast is not contained by her bodice.
● vacant toilet seat — no one is there.

So we get 5 to 4, bottom of the fifth, one out, and nobody on.

And you're right... rather than asking for just the score, the graphic should have asked "what's the current status of the game?"  But considering this was something I found in my dad's dresser drawer after my mother died and we emptied out the house, only God knows how old this was... and I'm pretty sure even He might be doubtful.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Fun, and clever, thank you for sharing. :D

Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

Bicycle Bill wrote: May 11, 2022 2:48 am Between Dr Corona and LIPH (Larry, is it?), they got it.
(aside ... one of these days, I'm going to have to make a list or something so I know who's who when other people start tossing out names instead of handles)

● the clock shows 3:55 — or 5 to 4
● empty liquor bottle — before the industry went metric, booze used to come in 25.6 oz bottles, or ⅕ of a gallon ... and it's the last of the bottle
● the woman with her clothing en dishabille — one breast is not contained by her bodice.
● vacant toilet seat — no one is there.

So we get 5 to 4, bottom of the fifth, one out, and nobody on.

And you're right... rather than asking for just the score, the graphic should have asked "what's the current status of the game?"  But considering this was something I found in my dad's dresser drawer after my mother died and we emptied out the house, only God knows how old this was... and I'm pretty sure even He might be doubtful.
-"BB"-
It's pretty common knowledge though when someone asks "what's the score" they're asking about the score of a game still in progress, thus it would be foolish to tell someone the score of the game without informing them what inning it's in, therefore the graphic & question make perfect sense!
johnson2113
Hoot!

Post by johnson2113 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

I'm a couple of weeks behind on pictures and not getting much free time to check anything else.

Bub's been struggling at the plate. He got his first hit in a while and the coach grabbed him. Pretty impressive how this team has embraced him when he has barely been with the team.

He hit a triple here.

Then when he scored the coach's son embraced him.

He got hit twice in this game, this was a 47MPH pitch. I still don't know how he didn't avoid it.

This was another player's first homerun. His dad was back home watching their other son, playing, and his mom had to head home early.