2020 NFL Season

In this forum you can discuss anything from sports, news, or what ever is on your mind.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: 2020 NFL Season

Post by lime rickie »

Glad the Bills won today. They're fun to watch.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

I'm pleased with the playoffs so far.

Hoping for a Saints win tonight. You know I'm a NYG fan but we were stranded in New Orleans last time they won. It's probably festive everywhere that hosts a winning team but NOLA was also gearing up for Mardi Gras and it was just so much fun to be a spectator to all the jubilance - is that even a word? If it's not it should be.

tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: January 10, 2021 5:12 pm I'm pleased with the playoffs so far.

Hoping for a Saints win tonight. You know I'm a NYG fan but we were stranded in New Orleans last time they won. It's probably festive everywhere that hosts a winning team but NOLA was also gearing up for Mardi Gras and it was just so much fun to be a spectator to all the jubilance - is that even a word? If it's not it should be.
Hubby is a Saints fan so he's hopefully excited...
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 10, 2021 5:17 pm
lime rickie wrote: January 10, 2021 5:12 pm I'm pleased with the playoffs so far.

Hubby is a Saints fan so he's hopefully excited...
Aside from the NYG, my fandom is really more due to personal experiences. With the Packers, I had to go to WI for a project in a prior job and it was only late September, like the season had barely started. We knew these folks from telemeetings but had never met in person. The hosts were giving us a tour of the campus and I can honestly tell you that 99% of the people working there were wearing cheeseheads. Everybody, execs on down. That was a fun visit and a fun project. So I root for them, too.

LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

ESPN is reporting the Eagles fired their head coach.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: January 11, 2021 2:28 pm ESPN is reporting the Eagles fired their head coach.
Lions will hire him tomorrow.............
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Dr.Corona wrote: January 11, 2021 6:35 pm
LIPH wrote: January 11, 2021 2:28 pm ESPN is reporting the Eagles fired their head coach.
Lions will hire him tomorrow.............
Or Gase. :lol:

SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

The Seattle Seahawks, so happy with the way things are going, have given their General Manager a 5 year contract extension.
The Seattle Seahawks, so unhappy with the way things are going, have fired their Offensive Coordinator.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

Chiefs vs Packers is the Super Bowl matchup I'm hoping for. That matchup almost happened last year. If Mahomes can't play in the AFC title game vs Buffalo then it could go either way. Chad Henne, the backup, would still have more than enough weapons around him to work with.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Philip Rivers announced his retirement today, after 17 years in the NFL. I wonder how different things would have been if Eli Manning hadn't refused to play for San Diego and forced them to trade him to the Giants? Rivers was the Giants first round draft pick that year and they traded him for Manning. There may have been more than just those 2 players involved but I'm too lazy to look it up.

As an aside, I saw a commercial for Frank's Hot Sauce yesterday with Eli Manning. "I put that $h!t on everything." :lol:
Touch O Parrotdise
Under My Lone Palm
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Nice Bourbon Straight

Post by Touch O Parrotdise »

LIPH wrote: January 20, 2021 11:06 am Philip Rivers announced his retirement today, after 17 years in the NFL. I wonder how different things would have been if Eli Manning hadn't refused to play for San Diego and forced them to trade him to the Giants? Rivers was the Giants first round draft pick that year and they traded him for Manning. There may have been more than just those 2 players involved but I'm too lazy to look it up.

As an aside, I saw a commercial for Frank's Hot Sauce yesterday with Eli Manning. "I put that $h!t on everything." :lol:
I believe the draft pick the Giants sent,the Chargers took Linebacker Shaun Merriman.. 8)
Bicycle Bill
At the Bama Breeze
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris
Number of Concerts: 1
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with rum and pineapple juice!

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Tampa Bay 31 — Green Bay 26

There will be a lot of talk about this one, and a lot of people are going to blame the refs.

But maybe it's time to hold the head coach responsible.  Green Bay was down 8 points and had 4th and and goal from the eight yard line with two minutes and change on the clock.  However, instead of going for it and trying to tie up the game with a 2-point conversion, he took the ball away from Aaron Rodgers and chose instead to kick a field goal, putting them 5 points down (a one-TD game, to be sure), but putting the ball back into the hands of Tom Brady with barely two minutes left.  Now I grant you that Green Bay had already tried (and failed) on one two-point conversion, but even if they had scored the TD and again failed on the two-point try, they would have been only two points down and a Green Bay field goal (assuming they could hold the Bucs to a three-and-out) could still have been a game-winner.

So what happened?  Brady did what he's done before — controlled the ball and the clock and, with the aid of a defensive pass interference call that even a guy standing in line at the concession stand could see was legit, takes the Buccaneers to Super Bowl LV.

Now, about the refs.  Yes, they did let a defensive holding/pass interference call against Allen Lazard go toward the end of the first half (which resulted in an interception and a touchdown for Tampa Bay as the half ended),
but in light of the "let 'em play" attitude they had displayed up to that point (and even throughout most of the second half) one could almost overlook that one.  But all of a sudden that laissez-faire attitude went out the window with the holding penalty that WAS called within the final minutes of the game (and make no mistake about it; it was definitely a classic, textbook example of grabbing the jersey and hanging on),
and that call sealed the Packers' fate.

Now, if maybe it hadn't been QUITE so flagrant, Kevin King would have gotten away with it too... but I guess we'll never know.
-"BB"-
"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead."
"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way."
RIPH
I gotta go where it's warm
Favorite Buffett Song: Havana Daydreamin
Favorite Boat Drink: rhum

Post by RIPH »

I know all you cheeseheads want to blame the refs but, you need only look at bad calls made by the team. No need to go for that two point conversion when you did and why would anyone kick a field goal when you most likely would have gotten a touch down? Poor play calling by Green Bay was the big factor. Pass interference was the absolute right call.

I am stoked that the Bucs play at home in the Super Bowl and that Tom Brady again continues to prove himself over and over. He is simply The GOAT. 8)

Love my Tampa Bay Bucs!! :pirate:
...Gypsy rain, dang hurricanes, white silver sandy shore...
Dr.Corona
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Regardless who showed up from the NFC we were going to have very good storylines in the Super Bowl LIV vs KC.
Brady & T Bay underdogs for sure here. Mahomes & Company has been pretty unstoppable for the last 2 years, but we'll see.
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

It will be fun to watch the old man play against the young stud for sure! :lol:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

RIPH wrote: January 25, 2021 8:29 am I am stoked that the Bucs play at home in the Super Bowl and that Tom Brady again continues to prove himself over and over. He is simply The GOAT. 8)
Brady is the greatest quarterback in an era when the NFL has done everything it can to take defense out of the game.
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

I'd agree with that in the past couple years, Larry, but overall, he is amazing. It is much too easy to hate him then like him. I get that. The accomplishments made though, are one of a kind. Heck, even Terry Bradshaw now is admiring him and he was a strong Brady hater for a long time. 8)
Dr.Corona

Post by Dr.Corona »

RIPH wrote: January 25, 2021 12:36 pm I'd agree with that in the past couple years, Larry, but overall, he is amazing. It is much too easy to hate him then like him. I get that. The accomplishments made though, are one of a kind. Heck, even Terry Bradshaw now is admiring him and he was a strong Brady hater for a long time. 8)
I'm a University of Michigan fan. Of course the University in which Brady attended. It's fair to say that 90%+ of the rabid U of M fans are Tom Brady slappies to the hilt. While I continuously pull for Brady to succeed on the playing field, I'm gonna say this. There is NO question he is the most accomplished NFL QB/player of all time. There is NO question he is the best NFL QB/player to ever take advantage of his physical skillset, his mental skillset & his teams' skillset and PRODUCE! If that gives him the title of the GOAT then so be it.

IMO there are many facets to being the greatest at anything. Although it can be a tough call when your success does hinge on the success of others to a certain extent. So I just sit back and admire his accomplishments & root for him to succeed....until he faces the Detroit Lions in the NFC Championship game next season... :wink: :roll: :x

Go Red & Pewter!!
RIPH

Post by RIPH »

I hope your Lions get there, Dr C.

It was sad Matt could not get it done for you. I loved that kneecap analogy your new coach presented!! :lol:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption both said they think Aaron Rodgers has played his last game for Green Bay.