Last Summer SUNDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: Last Summer SUNDAY@ the MSC

Post by MICHIPHIN »

LIPH wrote: September 19, 2021 3:56 pm It's going to be a beautiful day for the last game of the year. About 80 degrees, not too humid and a nice ocean breeze (the ballpark is a little over a mile from the beach).
Here's to hoping that the beer is cold, you sit next to some hot girl, and the game goes into extra innings
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Just was doing some research, tomorrows "Dive Bar" will be the Monderosa Bar in Nenana, Alaska, about an hour outside of Fairbanks, AK.

Appears to be a neat place in the middle of nowhere.

Screenshot 2021-09-19 172445.gif
Screenshot 2021-09-19 172445.gif (424.54 KiB) Viewed 982 times
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

Michi, I won't make it to Alaska this week, but I will be in North Dakota.

"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

MICHIPHIN wrote: September 19, 2021 4:03 pm
LIPH wrote: September 19, 2021 3:56 pm It's going to be a beautiful day for the last game of the year. About 80 degrees, not too humid and a nice ocean breeze (the ballpark is a little over a mile from the beach).
Here's to hoping that the beer is cold, you sit next to some hot girl, and the game goes into extra innings
The beer was cold. There are only 5 seats in my row and the other 4 were empty today, attendance was 2,600 in a 6,500 capacity ballpark. No extra innings.

After scoring 23 runs in the previous 2 games they went out with a whimper. They lost 2-1 and they scored the one run without a hit, 4 walks in the 8th inning. They finished with a record of 59-61, second place in the southern division and 6th best record overall out of 12 teams.

Nice touch at the end of the game. The relief pitchers all came out of the bullpen behind the right field fence and joined the the rest of the team, along with the manager and coaches, lined up on the field and tipped their hats to the crowd. I've been to the last home game of the season 4 or 5 times and they never did that before.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Welcome to Hockey Season Larry
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: September 19, 2021 8:56 pm Nice touch at the end of the game. The relief pitchers all came out of the bullpen behind the right field fence and joined the the rest of the team, along with the manager and coaches, lined up on the field and tipped their hats to the crowd.
I like that. :D
big john wrote: September 19, 2021 1:46 pm The lad is not the sharpest cutlass in the arms locker. :pirate:
:o :roll:

Glad you got some more rain, Mr. SPH!!

Sooo- it's been a long/good weekend. Visited Mom on Saturday morning, which was good. My sister and BIL went, as well. She LOVES the peach ice cream that E made, and we brought her another SMALL container to eat. We put a 48 piece puzzle together, and she got several pieces put in the right places (when we put it near the space it would go). Back home to pack an overnight bag, stopped at the brewery for Oktoberfest, then checked into the hotel we stayed at Saturday night after the Zac Brown concert. Walked to a nearby bar/restaurant for some food, and met some great people. SO, the show itself was FANTASTIC (our 9th time), but getting into the venue was a fustercluck. :evil: It took 2 hours, which would normally take 15 minutes..Check Covid card, then check tickets, then check ID, then go through the metal detectors - it picked up on E's knees, and my back. :roll: Got back to the hotel around 11:00, finally asleep around midnight, and slept till 8:00 am. :D Stopped at the grocery store on the way home, been doing a bunch of laundry, and made some nachos for dinner. I'm SO tired. Sidenote - E got me a Garmin watch, and I walked over 8500 steps yesterday!! :D

E's off to North Dakota till Thursday night. :( And tomorrow I have to cover the front desk all day. Again on Thursday. :evil: And I lose 2 days of most of the work I can't do while I'm there.

So - time to try and wind down and get to sleep soon. G'night all. :)
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk

Post by MICHIPHIN »

SMLCHNG wrote: September 19, 2021 10:05 pm
LIPH wrote: September 19, 2021 8:56 pm Nice touch at the end of the game. The relief pitchers all came out of the bullpen behind the right field fence and joined the the rest of the team, along with the manager and coaches, lined up on the field and tipped their hats to the crowd.
I like that. :D
big john wrote: September 19, 2021 1:46 pm The lad is not the sharpest cutlass in the arms locker. :pirate:
:o :roll:

Glad you got some more rain, Mr. SPH!!

Sooo- it's been a long/good weekend. Visited Mom on Saturday morning, which was good. My sister and BIL went, as well. She LOVES the peach ice cream that E made, and we brought her another SMALL container to eat. We put a 48 piece puzzle together, and she got several pieces put in the right places (when we put it near the space it would go). Back home to pack an overnight bag, stopped at the brewery for Oktoberfest, then checked into the hotel we stayed at Saturday night after the Zac Brown concert. Walked to a nearby bar/restaurant for some food, and met some great people. SO, the show itself was FANTASTIC (our 9th time), but getting into the venue was a fustercluck. :evil: It took 2 hours, which would normally take 15 minutes..Check Covid card, then check tickets, then check ID, then go through the metal detectors - it picked up on E's knees, and my back. :roll: Got back to the hotel around 11:00, finally asleep around midnight, and slept till 8:00 am. :D Stopped at the grocery store on the way home, been doing a bunch of laundry, and made some nachos for dinner. I'm SO tired. Sidenote - E got me a Garmin watch, and I walked over 8500 steps yesterday!! :D

E's off to North Dakota till Thursday night. :( And tomorrow I have to cover the front desk all day. Again on Thursday. :evil: And I lose 2 days of most of the work I can't do while I'm there.

So - time to try and wind down and get to sleep soon. G'night all. :)

only an hour for E anymore?
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

MICHIPHIN wrote: September 19, 2021 10:10 pm only an hour for E anymore?
:lol: :lol: :lol: