It's Fracking FRIDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Re: It's Fracking FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by Rabbitz »

bodypainter wrote: April 23, 2021 6:28 pm
Due to the media, fracking for gas and oil has a bad rap through the media. It is highly regulated and actually very safe. Every gallon of gas you burn came from a fracked well.If you heat with gas the well was fracked with a sand/water solution forced into the rock strata, cracking the layers allowing the oil or gas to flow to the well.

Originally, they used Nitro to blow the well, but it was very dangerous.
Actually this is the rub. When you say dangerous, what do you mean?

To the planet? Well it is - the amount of lost (read that leaked and dumped into the atmosphere) greenhouse gases is enormous. This also ignores the burning of the captured gases and oils.

To the aquifers? Well it is - the fractured sub-stratas cause ground water levels to drop as the water flows into fill the cracks and the voids.

To surrounding landholders? Well it is as they bear the brunt of the disruptions, loss of water table, loss of breathing air quality, health declines...

To the miners? Well I'll give you that. It is cheaper and safer than some other methods.

They do not use a sand/water mix to create the hydraulic effect - there are many chemicals used to prevent the pump lines and fractures from becoming blocked and to allow the coal seam gas (CSG) to rise to be extracted. These leach into the water table and travel many miles underground contaminating the ground water.

It is the 21st Century. The reliance and 17th Century technologies (Coal, CSG, other fossil fuels) is stupid and shows how western democracies are failing because they are owned by vested interests. This applies to just about every one and every political flavour.

If we want to keep a world where you children and grandchildren can enjoy the oceans and the bush as we do then it is beyond time to kill off these ancient technologies and transform industry to use clean and sustainable energy.
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

big john wrote: April 23, 2021 8:12 pm Good evening. Busy day tomorrow. I'll be announcing the events and results at the big track and field event
at my old high school. We'll have over 30 high schools represented and several middle schools. Both boys and girls.
I'll be behind the microphone about 11 hours. My brother Chris, the track coach, is the event manager. Brothers Frank
and Kraig and other family members will be helping out among two dozen or so officials and workers. This will be the 60th
year for this event. We had to cancel last year because of covid-19. This year is dedicated to our dad who passed away \
January 2020. He was the all time leader in coaching victories for track and cross country at our school.
So nice the brothers are all in! Enjoy the day Big John.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Elrod
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 37

Post by Elrod »

MICHIPHIN wrote: April 23, 2021 7:57 am Mornin BN'ers
There is still some fracking going on in parts of the country that I care about!

Happy Fracking Friday BN!
"Nonsense! I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

OMG
Astros win with walkoff in 10th inning!!!
We will take it!!!!⚾️🧡💙🧡💙⚾️