Watching for Waterspouts WEDNESDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Watching for Waterspouts WEDNESDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. MIchi has better weather today and the coast looks clear.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Watching for Waterspouts WEDNESDAY@ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Hello Bill!

Im heading out soon to help a friend with another one of her closet projects. Gotta use these vacation days before I retire (whenever that may be) or I will lose them. The County payout is 20 vacation days & 15 sick days. I'm way over on both and IF I last until April I will get another 5 vacation days.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning Bill and Linda. It's overcast and there's rain in the forecast. I hope it stays dry for a couple of hours, I have a dentist appointment at 11:00. The office is about a 3 minute walk and I don't want to have to drive to avoid getting caught in a downpour. 🌧️
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
dnw
Last Man Standing

Post by dnw »

Good morning, BN gang. :D :D :D

Debbie
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Good morning all. Finally got some rain for more than 5 minutes up my way this morning. Long Island Sound was calm so I got a few relaxing miles (albeit a bit rainy) in on my SUP before I turned the laptop on. Good start to the day, I hope everyone has a good start as well.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Morning BNers

Astros have lost 2 games in a row. It has been awhile since they have done that. Both games were lost in the later innings. :( Hope they don't lose the game today.

Did ya'll see the video of the water spout in Destin. Wow.☂️😳😲
TexAgGirl91
Southeast of disorder
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH
Number of Concerts: 50

Post by TexAgGirl91 »

Howdy Friends and neighbors and ruffians... [smilie=battingeyes.gif] [smilie=battingeyes.gif]
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

MsMolly wrote: Astros have lost 2 games in a row. Both games were lost in the later innings.
The Mariners have won 2 in a row at the Angels and they're still 11 games behind the Astros.
Both games were won late.... Monday night's game was tied 2-2 going into the 9th and the M's scored 4 times on some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen. https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1559407220952952832
Last night the M's were leading 3-2 in going into the 9th and scored 5 runs to win 8-2.
They've been playing great ball and still can't catch the Astros!
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

SeattleParrotHead wrote: August 17, 2022 1:21 pm
MsMolly wrote: Astros have lost 2 games in a row. Both games were lost in the later innings.
The Mariners have won 2 in a row at the Angels and they're still 11 games behind the Astros.
Both games were won late.... Monday night's game was tied 2-2 going into the 9th and the M's scored 4 times on some of the craziest stuff I've ever seen. https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1559407220952952832
Last night the M's were leading 3-2 in going into the 9th and scored 5 runs to win 8-2.
They've been playing great ball and still can't catch the Astros!
Good job!
Seems like there has been some crazy plays recently. Maybe Astros will get a few soon.
🧡⚾️💙
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I got back from the dentist and it was still very overcast so I decided to do laundry. I should have waited until tomorrow, we haven't had a drop of rain. There's rain in the forecast again tomorrow, when I have nothing to do, so it'll probably rain all day.
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good afternoon! :)

No waterspouts here today, and looks like no rain, after having GOOD amounts of it for two days in a row. :D

Work is stupid. Again. This fairly new HR person puts a large binder on my desk and proclaims, "I don't know what I did to p*** off the universe, but all of these have to be scanned to "HR Help". So naturally I thought she meant SHE had to scan them all. Nope. She walked away and I hollered, "Oh did you want ME to send these? If so, I think someone p*** off my universe". :evil: No please. No thank you. And no deadline. So I'm not going to be in ANY rush to get them done. B*)tch.

E's Mom gets into town this afternoon. A quick visit to see her best friend of 60+ years who's not doing well.

I need a drink or twelve..
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

SMLCHNG wrote: August 17, 2022 3:13 pm Good afternoon! :)

No waterspouts here today, and looks like no rain, after having GOOD amounts of it for two days in a row. :D

Work is stupid. Again. This fairly new HR person puts a large binder on my desk and proclaims, "I don't know what I did to p*** off the universe, but all of these have to be scanned to "HR Help". So naturally I thought she meant SHE had to scan them all. Nope. She walked away and I hollered, "Oh did you want ME to send these? If so, I think someone p*** off my universe". :evil: No please. No thank you. And no deadline. So I'm not going to be in ANY rush to get them done. B*)tch.

E's Mom gets into town this afternoon. A quick visit to see her best friend of 60+ years who's not doing well.

I need a drink or twelve..
Rude and entitled. :evil:

Nice for you guys to see E’s mom, will be hard for her, 60 years is a long time friendship. My longest active friendship goes back 50 years, I know that would hurt.
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

When the tour dates were announced earlier this year, I was thinking of going to Great Woods for the first time since I moved off Long island. I made a hotel reservation just in case but then changed my mind and didn't buy a ticket. A couple of weeks later I cancelled the hotel reservation. Last Thursday I got a text message from the hotel asking me to confirm my email address so they could send me a receipt for my stay. I wrote back telling them the reservation was cancelled and included the cancellation number. Monday afternoon the hotel texted me again thanking me for staying with them. I should keep the cancellation email until the next statement cycle on my AmEx card in case they charge me for not being there. :lol:
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Evening all.

The bar last night was scheduled to close at 10:00 PM. I think it was closer to midnight before we got back on the boat.

Made it to Apalachicola with no issues this afternoon. Nice ride. We took the outside path which is protected by a large barrier island and the water in the Gulf was as smooth as you can imagine. We went thru it real slow and stopped multiple times to look over the edge in 35' of water and being able to see the bottom as clear as day.

Arrived at a small marina (Scipio Creek) were they have a great oyster house (We already ate once) and live entertainment starting in 30 minutes.....think it goes to 9:00 PM.

If there was a water spout off of Destin, we missed it, but I wouldn't doubt it. The sky was ugly going thru the back bay there......

Cheers All !!!
Last edited by MICHIPHIN on August 17, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Just FYI..

plus shower facilities......which we have both already needed and used......LOL....
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Post by bodypainter »

MICHIPHIN wrote: August 17, 2022 6:34 pm Just FYI..

plus shower facilities......which we have both already needed and used......LOL....
Cool travelog! A shower is never as appreciated until you can't take one.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

LIPH wrote: August 17, 2022 5:54 pm When the tour dates were announced earlier this year, I was thinking of going to Great Woods for the first time since I moved off Long island. I made a hotel reservation just in case but then changed my mind and didn't buy a ticket. A couple of weeks later I cancelled the hotel reservation. Last Thursday I got a text message from the hotel asking me to confirm my email address so they could send me a receipt for my stay. I wrote back telling them the reservation was cancelled and included the cancellation number. Monday afternoon the hotel texted me again thanking me for staying with them. I should keep the cancellation email until the next statement cycle on my AmEx card in case they charge me for not being there. :lol:
You wonder about lack of communication sometimes. Quick example, well I’ll try & make it quick. A client gets IRS letter Oct 2021 regarding 2019 taxes. It says you owe money. If you disagree you can fax/ mail documents or forms but DO NOT send us an amended return. So sent documents but it took until last month for them to agree that he didn’t owe tax.Yesterday gets letter saying thanks, we adjusted your return per the Amended return received. Duh…. You told us not to send amendment & we didn’t….what you talkin bout Willis??
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image