Songs Jimmy Performs On Written by others

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

flipflopgirl
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 53
Favorite Boat Drink: Z-Man's MANGO THINGIES!!!!!
Location: I have been promoted from John Frinzi's stalker to ROADIE!!!! :)

Re: Songs Jimmy Performs On Written by others

Post by flipflopgirl »

conched wrote:
sonofabeach wrote:Jimmy is on a Sunny Jim song? I've heard that song and never noticed.
I'll have to find it.
Hey, I could have the wrong song. Let me double check. At the end Jimmy says "I think it's time for me to catch a plane. I'm gone..."

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about Jimmy's line on that song. I just listened to it.

Maybe it had something to do with the time that Sunnyjim and Adela kept Cameron Marley for Jimmy while he stopped over in Cayman on his birthday one year. :) :) Sunnyjim went out to the airport and met Jimmy's plane with his twins. That story is in A Pirate Looks At Fifty. :wink:

Yes it is!!! and i had met James many times and become friends with him...took my THIRD read of the book before i realized it was him and Adela that Jimmy was talking about in his book! :o :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: James thinks that story is pretty funny!
Image "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats." Mark Twain
Migration Michelle
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by Migration Michelle »

Thanks Nancy!!! Great job!!

I LOVE "You Call it Joggin'!" GREAT song! :D :D :wink:
conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

Migration Michelle wrote:Thanks Nancy!!! Great job!!

I LOVE "You Call it Joggin'!" GREAT song! :D :D :wink:
Hey, MM! The BN database was really helpful with songs like You Call It Joggin. It had John Loudermilk as the writer and I knew Jimmy kept saying it was a Mose Allison song.

That was our Texas Music station owner's favorite song and he played it all the time.

Check out this super version...I like Jimmy's & Reefers' version best, of course.

conched
Last Man Standing

Post by conched »

flipflopgirl wrote:
conched wrote:
sonofabeach wrote:Jimmy is on a Sunny Jim song? I've heard that song and never noticed.
I'll have to find it.
Hey, I could have the wrong song. Let me double check. At the end Jimmy says "I think it's time for me to catch a plane. I'm gone..."

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about Jimmy's line on that song. I just listened to it.

Maybe it had something to do with the time that Sunnyjim and Adela kept Cameron Marley for Jimmy while he stopped over in Cayman on his birthday one year. :) :) Sunnyjim went out to the airport and met Jimmy's plane with his twins. That story is in A Pirate Looks At Fifty. :wink:

Yes it is!!! and i had met James many times and become friends with him...took my THIRD read of the book before i realized it was him and Adela that Jimmy was talking about in his book! :o :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: James thinks that story is pretty funny!
I think Michael is right. Jimmy sings the hidden track on Sandbar Serenade. It's track 13 Sandbar Serenade Radio.

Isn't that the right one? Sorry for the confusion.
sonofabeach
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: La Vie Dansante
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Tecate

Post by sonofabeach »

I don't think that Jimmy is on any Sunny Jim track.
However I could see Jimmy singing "Sandbar Serenade". Great song.
There are times when Sunny Jim's voice kinda sounds like Buffett's imo.
"It's crazy and it's different, but it's really bein' free"
Patm123
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 13
Favorite Boat Drink: a cold Belikin Beer

Post by Patm123 »

conched wrote:
Patm123 wrote:Also performed "Gulf Coast Highway" with Evangeline on their self titled album.
Welcome to BN. I've seen you posting on the Favorite songs threads.

That's on my list. It is one of my favorites. You can't imagine how special it was for Jimmy to do that one at the Woodland's this year. WOW!

I also have the Nanci Griffith CD with her and Mac McAnally doing GCH...wonderful. In fact, I have collected everything Nanci has ever done also.
Thanks, I'm enjoying this website.

I was not sure if the Evangeline album was a different version of "Gulf Coast Highway".

Your list is absolutely amazing. I used to think that ex-Coral Reefer Timothy B Schmit had the record for appearances on other peoples songs, but Jimmy may have surpassed him.
"You can't run away forever, but theres nothing wrong with getting a good head start."