Buffett songs at your funeral

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Coconuts
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 50
Favorite Boat Drink: Something with rum

Post by Coconuts »

I don't even want to think about it, too depressing. But I was looking for something online a few months ago, and I found a company that adds your ashes to the mix it uses to make artificial reefs, then puts a plaque on the front. I think that's very cool, my family could go snorkeling to visit my grave!
My ship she has a rudder, but I don’t know where to steer
Pirate_Bod69
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Pirate Looks at Forty
Number of Concerts: 22
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum Punch... Bud Light

Post by Pirate_Bod69 »

It would be Changes and a Pirate Looks At 40..
And I don't know what I'm supposed to do, Maybe have me a boat drink or two ...
waterdogswife
Favorite Buffett Song: changes
Number of Concerts: 0

Re: Buffett songs at your funeral

Post by waterdogswife »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their suggestions. I am sitting in my mother's room in the Hospice Care Center - and just decided to honor her by asking folks to wear their hawaiian shirts to the visitation and the funeral. Will have Jimmy Buffet on at Visitation. Went to the florist today and ordered a bright beautiful casket spray full of Gerber Daisys and bright colors. The priest may freak out on me -- but heck, I don't live in this town anymore anyway! I am really trying to remember her 81.5 great years - and not the last 6 months of her decline to cancer.
surfpirate
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: African Friend
Number of Concerts: 98

Post by surfpirate »

waterdogswife wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their suggestions. I am sitting in my mother's room in the Hospice Care Center - and just decided to honor her by asking folks to wear their hawaiian shirts to the visitation and the funeral. Will have Jimmy Buffet on at Visitation. Went to the florist today and ordered a bright beautiful casket spray full of Gerber Daisys and bright colors. The priest may freak out on me -- but heck, I don't live in this town anymore anyway! I am really trying to remember her 81.5 great years - and not the last 6 months of her decline to cancer.
Prayers for you and your family in these coming days,
and "yes", remember always those 81.5 great years.

I like the idea of Hawaiian shirts for the visitation and funeral.
Some people may not be comfortable with that, but understand their point of view too,
particularly if they are older.
Celebrate her life. I'm sure she is proud of you,
as you are of her.
"There are no stupid questions. But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
BNCRITTERS.COM | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | SURF SHOP |
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

waterdogswife wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their suggestions. I am sitting in my mother's room in the Hospice Care Center - and just decided to honor her by asking folks to wear their hawaiian shirts to the visitation and the funeral. Will have Jimmy Buffet on at Visitation. Went to the florist today and ordered a bright beautiful casket spray full of Gerber Daisys and bright colors. The priest may freak out on me -- but heck, I don't live in this town anymore anyway! I am really trying to remember her 81.5 great years - and not the last 6 months of her decline to cancer.
First off, I will say thoughts & prayers to you & your family W.D.W.

So I wake up this morning feeling very sad & missing my wife tremendously. She's been gone a year & a half now yet the pain is there just as much as it was then. Then I open up BN & first thing I come across is this thread title. Instantly I'm more upset & get ready to open it up & start lambasting somebody/anybody because I'm very p*ssed off regarding loved ones taking away from us way to soon. But after reading this latest post I have calmed down & feel okay with the concept of what this thread is trying to accomplish.

Whatever works to make you & your family comfortable at the service should be implemented, no matter what others may think. Some will be onboard, others will indeed think your either crazy or disrespectful, but your heart is indeed in the right place. I've been to a funeral where it ended with Otis Day & the Knights "Shout" being played, not my style but it worked for the family! The priest will get over it!

No question that reflection of all the good past years rather than the current unhappy state she has been in the last 6 months is the best medicine you can be taking at this time. Again, best of wishes to you & the family W.D.W. & God Bless!
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
catsway
I Love the Now!
Favorite Buffett Song: Quietly Making Noise
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: The one in my Hand

Post by catsway »

We just suffered the loss of Wayne's father, Fred Edwards, 89 years old on July 2. Wayne led the eulogy along with our daughters, Christin and Chelsea and with the help of his cousin Shane. While all the songs and scriptures were preselected by Fred for the memorial, Wayne had the opportunity to select one song that was a congregational song. Nothing that Jimmy has written or covered would not have fit into the Southern Baptist theme. Instead he chose "Love Lifted Me". Being saved while in the rough seas of life fulfilled our needs.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep the Dog, Live on an Island
Image JB & Sonny Image Cat & Way Image Mr. Utley
melon
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Breathe in breathe out
Number of Concerts: 3
Favorite Boat Drink: Margarita

Post by melon »

My mom was a surgical nurse and a Buckeye fan. She passed on Christmas eve so we buried her in the new Ohio State Scrubs i bought her for Christmas, ohio state socks, my fav ohio state earrings and her fav buckeye necklace that she made. Her casket was steel gray and we put Ohio State car magnets on it. Ppl wore osu gear. Her nurses pins were on her scrub top and before they closed the casket, my dad took them off and gave them to my middle daughter who is also a surgical nurse. My oldest daughter sang at my dads request. I cant even remember what she sang...
I'm too sexy for my hair
Tiki Bar
Thank God the Tiki Torch Still Shines
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour / Tin Cup Chalice medley!
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Friends don't let friends drink tequila! Beer me!

Re:

Post by Tiki Bar »

Wino you know wrote: May 25, 2004 10:31 am False Echoes
Sending the Old Man Home
The Captain and the Kid
He Went To Paris (Meet Me In Margaritaville version)
Oysters and Pearls
Survive
Bring Back the Magic
Island
Nobody Speaks To the Captain No More
If It All Falls Down
Take Another Road
Lovely Cruise
Beyond the End

AND

Living 'Til the Day I Die (by Jim Morris)
I wonder how close this list will be.

Also... I hope for this:
Wino you know wrote: March 27, 2005 11:51 pm Pardon me while I get back on topic, ladies-

"YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD MAN DOWN" by Alabama.
I swear, if they play that song at my funeral, I'll jump right out of my casket and start dancing.
Sail on Garry. Love you. Miss you.
You’re still grinning, we’re still winning, nothing left to say
I’m still gliding as I go flying down this endless wave
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

WOW !!!

Thank you for finding this thread.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Have been Listening to my Buffett-Mellow playlist this morning. While not wanting to go overly melancholy, finding comfort in the thought provoking songs of message by JB
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image