Expectations for new tour

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Expectations for new tour

Post by Finzup16 »

First off I'm glad that we're getting closer to having shows back

Next I'm thrilled that Jimmy is still playing at his age and really with no end in sight

I just hope that during this year's show he doesn't change the words to every frigging song and reference Corona and quarantining 5000 times during the show
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Re: Expectations for new tour

Post by MICHIPHIN »

What if his reference is to Corona beer?
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
SharkysMV1
We are the People our Parents Warned us
Number of Concerts: 9
Favorite Boat Drink: Rum & Tonic

Post by SharkysMV1 »

Finzup16 wrote: May 4, 2021 8:37 am First off I'm glad that we're getting closer to having shows back

Next I'm thrilled that Jimmy is still playing at his age and really with no end in sight

I just hope that during this year's show he doesn't change the words to every frigging song and reference Corona and quarantining 5000 times during the show
Agreed, for sure. I do have a feeling there will be some overuse of Coronavirus references and some extra cheese there.

But I really hope he revisits the solo acoustic encore or an acoustic band setting (maybe more along the lines of the “Beach Band” portion of the shows from awhile back, in the spirit of last year’s Songs You Don’t Know By Heart release.

Acoustic Jimmy is my favorite Jimmy.
“Later down the road of life, I made the discovery that salt water was also good for the mental abrasions one inevitably acquires on land.” - JB, APLAFifty
Finzup16
I have found me a home

Post by Finzup16 »

SharkysMV1 wrote: May 4, 2021 5:59 pm
Finzup16 wrote: May 4, 2021 8:37 am First off I'm glad that we're getting closer to having shows back

Agreed, for sure. I do have a feeling there will be some overuse of Coronavirus references and some extra cheese there.

But I really hope he revisits the solo acoustic encore or an acoustic band setting (maybe more along the lines of the “Beach Band” portion of the shows from awhile back, in the spirit of last year’s Songs You Don’t Know By Heart release.

Acoustic Jimmy is my favorite Jimmy.
I would love that acoustic ending. The Woodstock finally was the best I've seen. I'd love a few new songs too AND a few new song intros.... "everything below the waste" and the kids with the crossaints in St Barths is getting really old
urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Post by urlcenter »

The new tour is tentatively scheduled to start in earnest on July 10 in Indianapolis the emphasis is on the word "tentatively".

Jimmy will probably touch on Corona and virus but he won't over do it given the loss of life.

As for set list content he has two complete albums of songs that have not been played live one being "Life on The Flip Side" and the other being "Songs You Don't Know by Heart". This give Jimmy 29 new songs or new versions of old songs to put in the set list along with the usual concert staples.

So there is a strong likelihood of some different and special set lists with this tour.
palmettopirate
Half-baked cookies in the oven
Favorite Buffett Song: Coast of Carolina
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: sweet tea

Post by palmettopirate »

urlcenter wrote: May 4, 2021 8:21 pm The new tour is tentatively scheduled to start in earnest on July 10 in Indianapolis the emphasis is on the word "tentatively".

Jimmy will probably touch on Corona and virus but he won't over do it given the loss of life.

As for set list content he has two complete albums of songs that have not been played live one being "Life on The Flip Side" and the other being "Songs You Don't Know by Heart". This give Jimmy 29 new songs or new versions of old songs to put in the set list along with the usual concert staples.

So there is a strong likelihood of some different and special set lists with this tour.

I agree. Making jokes about Corona + virus could get tricky. Mt youngest son likes Corona and sometimes overdoes it, and yes, he refers to it as Coronavirus when he does. My wife says she's the victim of wine flu sometimes. There's even a Halloween costume out there. Anyway JB would need to exercise caution in this area. Surely with his thousands of fans someone who follows him has lost a loved one to the disease. As we all know JB is liberal and this could touch on politics. Thankfully he has always steered clear of that in his shows. You may recall the North Carolina bathroom deal. Springsteen canceled his show, but Jimmy pressed on and left the issue up to the locals. Good for him.
Every day you wake up you get another chance to do it right.
Finzup16
I have found me a home

Post by Finzup16 »

I agree. Making jokes about Corona + virus could get tricky. Mt youngest son likes Corona and sometimes overdoes it, and yes, he refers to it as Coronavirus when he does. My wife says she's the victim of wine flu sometimes. There's even a Halloween costume out there. Anyway JB would need to exercise caution in this area. Surely with his thousands of fans someone who follows him has lost a loved one to the disease. As we all know JB is liberal and this could touch on politics. Thankfully he has always steered clear of that in his shows. You may recall the North Carolina bathroom deal. Springsteen canceled his show, but Jimmy pressed on and left the issue up to the locals. Good for him.
[/quote]

Excellent, about all the sickness and loss of life brought on by the virus, I honestly wasn't even looking at that angle, I just know the way he is on stage
I always said he (almost) never does Breathe In Breathe Out bc it was written for the hurricane.

You lose your job, your wife banging your best friend, OK... Breathe in, breathe out but these people lost their lives or their homes etc.... I'm not sure if Breathing tactics were going to be much of a help
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

urlcenter wrote: May 4, 2021 8:21 pmJimmy will probably touch on Corona and virus but he won't over do it given the loss of life.
Agree- a song like Surfing in a Hurricane where he says "I ain't afraid of dying" probably still wouldn't be appropriate at a time like this. But if the song is an actual tribute to those who have lost their lives, then that would be fitting. The best song download by far from the two Delray shows which were captured was Migration, where he rewrote some of the lyrics to reflect more current times.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018