Delray Beach tickets & resellers

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

urlcenter
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 6

Delray Beach tickets & resellers

Post by urlcenter »

Apparently yesterday's sale of tickets to the 4 Delray Beach shows did not go as planned:

According to the Palm Beach Post two notorious ticket resellers ended up with the Lion's share of the ticket and put them for sale for as much as $10,000 per pod of 4.

However the resellers plan has now backfired as any tickets purchased through the two resellers are no longer valid:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/ent ... h7_scBW28Q
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Re: Delray Beach tickets & resellers

Post by lime rickie »

So what happens to those seats, are they back out for sale?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Finzup16
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 25

Post by Finzup16 »

Jimmy and his people are going to have to make some kind of deal with the scalpers or the place is going to be more than half empty
Fullfloridiancj
Nibblin' on sponge cake
Favorite Buffett Song: Distantly in love
Number of Concerts: 14

Post by Fullfloridiancj »

Is anyone willing to sell single extra seats for the events ?
Fully vaccinated
Willing to pay cash and of course show vaccination card

I had no idea these shows were happening
I can’t believe I didn’t receive any emails
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

lime rickie wrote: April 27, 2021 5:05 pm So what happens to those seats, are they back out for sale?
Nothing has been announced yet but sites such as Stubhub reportedly have removed the tickets from their listings
jbfins
I gotta go where it's warm
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by jbfins »

I hate to say this, and hopefully it does not come to fruition, but I fear we could be in for a surprise. Someone knows exactly what happened. This event was not set up in a day. My wife was just part of a small event that took place up here in New York. She spent days with various people helping put it together. So I am 1,000% positive that multiple negotiations were had between the venue and Jimmy's team.

Someone knew that tickets would be bought by the scalpers. Especially if those tickets never even went on sale.

So what does it tell us if we never hear anything about it from Buffett? Staying silent when you know your fans got screwed? No statement, no show of concern?

Many people will probably say, "who cares. Just be grateful he is playing. Jimmy does not owe you/us anything."

Nope. Sorry. That line does not work in this situation. Because what good is any concert if you can't get tickets to it? And if the artist knows that his fans will not be able to buy tickets, he/she is complicit in the fraud.
"Some people never find it..."
urlcenter
Behind Door #3

Post by urlcenter »

jbfins wrote: April 29, 2021 9:20 am I hate to say this, and hopefully it does not come to fruition, but I fear we could be in for a surprise. Someone knows exactly what happened. This event was not set up in a day. My wife was just part of a small event that took place up here in New York. She spent days with various people helping put it together. So I am 1,000% positive that multiple negotiations were had between the venue and Jimmy's team.

Someone knew that tickets would be bought by the scalpers. Especially if those tickets never even went on sale.

So what does it tell us if we never hear anything about it from Buffett? Staying silent when you know your fans got screwed? No statement, no show of concern?

Many people will probably say, "who cares. Just be grateful he is playing. Jimmy does not owe you/us anything."

Nope. Sorry. That line does not work in this situation. Because what good is any concert if you can't get tickets to it? And if the artist knows that his fans will not be able to buy tickets, he/she is complicit in the fraud.
What happened was what always happens ticket brokers/resellers use software programs called "ticket bots" to buy tickets in bulk. Using the software the broker/reseller create fake accounts with which submit a large number of orders for tickets. This prevents the average ticket buyer from being able to place ticket orders thus being shut out.

A classic example of how the broker/resellers use of the "ticket bots" are used involves the hit Broadway show Hamilton back in 2017. A ticket reseller used a Ticketmaster ticket bot to create 9047 fake Ticketmaster accounts and place 315,528 ticket orders which resulted in the ticket reseller scoring 30,000 tickets. In another instance the same ticket reseller used a bot to scoop up 1012 U2 tickets in 1 minute!!.

Many ticket broker/resellers often uses multiple bots simultaneously to snag as many tickets as possible thus resulting in fans being shut out.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

Clearly we need to go back to the days of sleeping out overnight at the box office window.

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:08 pm Clearly we need to go back to the days of sleeping out overnight at the box office window.
Sleeping?

You’re no fun.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

drunkpirate66 wrote: April 30, 2021 5:12 pm
lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:08 pm Clearly we need to go back to the days of sleeping out overnight at the box office window.
Sleeping?

You’re no fun.
:lol: Okay then, camping out overnight.

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: April 30, 2021 5:13 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: April 30, 2021 5:12 pm
Sleeping?

You’re no fun.
:lol: Okay then, camping out overnight.
Getting warmer
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Ohhhhh. Kevin did that many time for Dead tickets.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
msu#1
Behind Door #3
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by msu#1 »

Good ......

Show should've never been announced , disappointed that after all this time Jimmy started to cave.

It shouldve been only vaccinated people at the least ,. well now it appears karma has taken control.
Lake Erie Pirate scientist
Spicoli
I have found me a home
Favorite Boat Drink: Aniversario Rum & a KoKo Brown Ale

Post by Spicoli »

I'd suggest part of the problem is there always seems to be a pretty large market for "resold" tickets. Requiring an I.D. and making the ticket holder match the ticket purchaser seems like a pretty good way to shut scalpers down. People who feel like they've gotten screwed in this situation, and I've been there a couple of times, have probably bought tickets in good faith not realizing they were purchasing from "a reseller," and then fall victim to the rules put in place by the venue. Those rules are designed, in my opinion, to shut those kind of sales down and benefit the fan.

Honestly, it's the people purchasing a table for 4 for $10K that keep scalpers in business. A reseller could have bought out the entire venue and only need to resell a small percentage of the tickets to make it worth their while. If you've got enough disposable cash to drop $10K then you've probably got enough friends to contact Jimmy's management company and buy a show for you and your upper middle class friends...hey, good for you, no shame in that.

I think it's cheaper to just buy a ticket to St. Barts, or St. Somewhere, and hang out waiting on Jimmy at the bar. Probably more fun and a better lifestyle as well. In the meantime, pay more attention and stop buying reseller tickets. That's the real problem.
Now I've got a terminal daydream,
That's something you'll never know
I keep it right here in my backpack, mon
And I take it wherever I go.
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

I sure hope he does Southern Cross, and somebody gets a good recording of such........ :pirate:
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

MICHIPHIN wrote: May 1, 2021 8:36 pm I sure hope he does Southern Cross, and somebody gets a good recording of such........ :pirate:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

lime rickie wrote: May 2, 2021 10:29 am
MICHIPHIN wrote: May 1, 2021 8:36 pm I sure hope he does Southern Cross, and somebody gets a good recording of such........ :pirate:
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

did you really type that :-?
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

Nothing will beat the version he did in Madison Square Garden. My Gosh, if I only had a copy like Moog does!
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......