Streaming Margaritaville on Alexa Devices w/o Siriusxm

Here you can discuss any Buffett related topic.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Orangeloon
Number of Concerts: 20

Streaming Margaritaville on Alexa Devices w/o Siriusxm

Post by Orangeloon »

Streaming Margaritaville on Alexa Devices
Howdy and Happy March 2021, I found a way to stream Margaritaville on an Alexa device if you do not have Siriusxm. The process uses a skill called MyPod. It works for me but may or may not work for others depending on the device. Here are the steps:

1. Enable the My Pod skill on Amazon. You will need to link MyPod your Amazon account.

2. Go to https://www.mypodapp.com/ Click the "Sign In" button on the left. You will sign in via your Amazon account.

3. After logging in click on “Pricing” and then “Free” (although if you use this a lot I would encourage you to support the developer”
a. Click on “Update Subscription” (this may not appear if this is your first time)
b. Confirm by clicking on “Change Subscription” (this may not appear if this is your first time)

4. Click on the “Shorten Link” on the left hand side.

5. These next few steps are IMPORTANT! (leastwise I did not find a better way)
a. In the “Shorten you link field” paste the full link below and click “Shorten”:
http://radmarg.ic.llnwd.net/stream/radmarg_razorback
b. Stop here and tell Alexa or Echo or whatever your trigger word exactly what the screen says. E.g. ”Alexa ask my pod to play 83679”
c. Alexa should start playing Margaritaville.

6. Great – now we have a way to play Margaritaville but we want to call it something different than a bunch of numbers. Click on Playlist on the left hand side and click on the “Automatically Added” link.

7. You should now see the link that created automatically when you ask My Pod to play that 5-digit number.
a. Click the edit button.
b. Change the name
c. Click the “Disable resume. Useful for live streams” then click “Save”

Done and from now on you can say “Alexa, ask my pod to play Margaritaville” and it should play Margaritaville!