Parrot Head Weekend in Maine - April 1 - 3

Phlockings, Parties, Social Events, Tribute Bands.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

awg93
I have found me a home
Number of Concerts: 0

Parrot Head Weekend in Maine - April 1 - 3

Post by awg93 »

Sunday River Ski Resort
P.O. Box 4500
Newry, ME 04261
(207) 824-3000 phone
(207) 824-5110 fax
www.sundayriver.com

Welcome to Parrot Head Weekend at Sunday River
~ Friday, April 1 ~
2-5pm ~ Parrot Head Weekend kicks off on Friday with an Apres Ski Party at the Foggy Goggle, featuring live music from Rog & Ray, no cover charge.
8pm until Close ~ The Foggy Goggle continues for the Parrot Head Prime-Up Party. This is where the party really gets rolling. Featuring Jimmy Buffett tribute bands and yearly favorites: Pirate Dreams and The Boat Drunks. Ages 21 and over. Cover charge TBA.

Parrot Head Festival at White Cap Lodge Outdoor
~ Saturday, April 2 ~
10:30am ~ Bust 'n' Burn Mogul Competition Day 1 ~ Bust 'n' Burn returns to its roots on White Heat. This will be an Open Amateur mogul competition. Every competitor will get one run down the course in front of the panel of judges to earn a score.
11:30am-2pm ~ On Saturday you will find the entire White Cap base area transformed into a giant beach with activities and entertainment all day long. Parrot Head Festival begins bright and early as the The Corona Brothers crank up the tunes. Maine’s answer to curing cabin fever, this 5 piece band has been entertaining audiences for 12 years with their blend of Buffett and Belafonte, Caribbean and Californian beach music, and rock & roll.
2-4:30pm ~ The party continues with The Boat Drunks, a full featured 'tribute' band, authentically and energetically replicating only the music of Jimmy Buffett. Boat Drunks know over 90 Buffett songs as well as 20 "Buffett-style" originals. The Drunks put Buffett's sense of humor to good use by confronting important issues such as how to make the perfect margarita and how to take life with a grain of salt and enjoy every moment.
4:30-7pm ~ What better way to end a day in paradise then with Pirate Dreams, featuring 'Trop Rock', a mish mash of Rock-n-Roll and Country sounds that celebrate escapism, the getting lost on a tropical island varity. With local, regional and national music festivals under their belt, a repertoire of summertime tunes diverse enough to keep anybody dancing all day long under the Spring sun, Pirate Dreams is poised, locked and loaded to do what they do best. Take their tropical, laid back musical vibe to the masses, mix up a boat drink or two and sail off into the sunset, with a few thousand like minded friends trailing along for the ride.

1pm ~ Spam Carving Contest. Leave it to the Parrot Head Club of the Northern Tropics to come up with this idea, and what a wonderful idea it is! Test your processed meat carving skills and create a sculpture out of two cans of SPAM. Anything goes (PG rated of course). Registration will be at noon in the White Cap outdoor venue. Participates will have 15 minutes to complete their sculpture.
2pm ~ Parrot Head Costume Contest ~ All day long judges will have their eyes on the lookout for the best Parrot Head costume. Dress up as your favorite Jimmy Buffett song! If you're a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" or a "Son of a Son of a Sailor" you can vie for some fantastic prizes. Everyone in costume will be paraded around the outdoor venue. Once we pick out the best costume, 'The People of Parrot Head' (that would be you) will choose the winner.
3pm ~ Margarita Mix-Off ~ Everyone's favorite drinking competition is back! Local establishments put their mixes to your taste test for the coveted title of People's Choice Award for the area's best margarita. Today's margarita is a many-sided drink, changing faces easily and lending itself to varied blends. For only $1 per sample, you will have the opportunity to taste over 8 very different versions of this amazing cocktail. Try them all and vote for your favorite!

Party with a Purpose at the Foggy Goggle
~ Saturday Evening ~
8pm ~ Saturday night, the party moves over to the South Ridge Base Lodge with the Calypso Cowboys and Changes in Lattitude, rocking the Foggy Goggle ages 21 and over.
Calypso Cowboys ~ Founded in 1996 as a duo, the Calypso Cowboys now feature a full 7-piece band. Guaranteed to have people of all ages singing and dancing along, the Cowboys offer a deep repertoire of Jimmy Buffett "beach music."
Changes In Latitudes is one of America's premier tribute shows to singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, the master of the tropical lifestyle. They are a nine-piece band with a singular plan, to take you to Margaritaville. Cover charge TBA.
8:30pm ~ Head slopeside to South Ridge Lodge for the best spot on the resort to view our last Fireworks show of the season. "Staring at a starry night sky" watch a brilliant display of colors light up the spring sky over Sunday River, brought to you by RS Fireworks.

Party, Pond Skimming and Key Lime Pie!
~ Sunday, April 3 ~
10:30am ~ Bust 'n' Burn Mogul Competition Day 2 ~ The top 48 scores from day 1 will move onto the second day in a Dual Mogul format for a chance to be Bust 'n' Burn Champion.
11am ~ Pond Skimming ~ An annual favorite! Register for a chance to make it across our very own custom-made pond at the bottom of Tempest. Skiers, snowboarders, and snobladers alike put their skills to the test. From the outlandish costumes and spills, to the antics of the judges, this events is loads of fun. How does it work? First, wear the most ridiculous outfit you can imagine. No matter what, resist all speed checks on the run-in. Don’t lean too far backward or forward; just try to feel for the sweet spot—which, of course, you won’t know until you hit the water. If you fall, try to spray the crowd as you go, and definitely take your skis off before you try to climb out of the water. Don't forget, costumes get scored much higher. Registration starts at 9am in the White Cap outdoor venue.
Noon-3:30pm ~ There's still more partying in paradise on Sunday! The party continues with live music from Changes in Latitude. An encore performace from Satuday night, Changes in Latitude will bring the White Cap Beach Venue to life with their famous Buffett good-time party-at-the-beach feeling.
1pm ~ Key Lime Pie Eating Contest ~ If all the BBQ and beverages aren't enough, then why not enter into the Key Lime Pie Eating Contest. Who will be the first to finish their key lime pie to become this years Sunday River Key Lime Pie Eating Champion. All pies are made and delivered fresh from Valley View Orchard, a family owned business in Hebron, Maine. Registration starts at noon in the White Cap outdoor venue. It's free to enter...but beware, we may take your picture and post it on the web like this lucky guy!
Check out 2010 Pond Skimming Video

While Parrot Head is the party of the spring, it is also a collaborative effort with the Parrot Head Club of the Northern Tropics to raise money for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. The Parrot Head Club of the Northern Tropics is part of a worldwide network of Jimmy Buffett enthusiasts who provide support to not-for-profit humanitarian and environmental causes. Thanks to the fundraising over the course of the weekend, Sunday River and the Parrot Head Club of the Northern Tropics are able to grant one child's wish. The weekend is not only a great chance to party and welcome the arrival of spring, but it also supports a great cause, making a difference in a child's life.
tigzoe
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: It's My Job
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Anything with alcohol

Re: Parrot Head Weekend in Maine - April 1 - 3

Post by tigzoe »

I am debating about heading up, but I need to get my work schedule to see if I am on that Saturday.
"That which is around me does not affect my mood; my mood affects that which is around me."
ScarletB
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: OPH BEST...SONG...EVER!!
Number of Concerts: 12
Favorite Boat Drink: Chill the rose

Post by ScarletB »

I would love to do this but my fun ticket money is all allotted for this year! :(
GW - 7/19
Great Northern MOTM - 7/20-21
Hershey Labor Day Weekend Show - 8/29
MOTM - Oct 28
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Like the name--Foggy Goggle. :D

Debbie