Snow is starting to melt Saturday @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Snow is starting to melt Saturday @ the MSC

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning all! :)

SOME of it is starting to go away, especially where they've plowed/shoveled.

It's also National Corn Dog Day...which I like, but haven't had one in years.

It's also Denver's St. Patricks Day Parade.

Have a good Saturday!!
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Re: Snow is starting to melt Saturday @ the MSC

Post by LIPH »

Good afternoon Penny. I've never had a corn dog.

There was a St. Patrick's Day parade in North Myrtle Beach but it started at 9:00, the parade route is almost 25 miles away and I was doing laundry this morning so I didn't go.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Wow. Everyone must be busy today. I missed the coffee, breakfast and lunch at the MSC.

I went to Ollie’s to grab something a friend wanted (since they are at their beach condo for Ocean City’s St Patrick’s Day town celebrations).

Then to my 2 regular food shopping stores.

Came home to unload and then pack the car with odds and ends of wood pieces we’ve had in the garage from our last 10 yrs of projects. Our daughter and sil wanted them for their backyard fire pit.

Back home where we emptied a wooden cabinet I found at a resident store 15 yrs ago (we brought it from our former house). It was filled with containers of nails, screws, rope, tape, hooks, sanding stuff etc. like a giant junk drawer. lol. Have some stuff to the neighbors, put what we want to keep/take along in small plastic containers and then into one box. We filled a large black trash bag with stuff we didn’t want.

A young couple from our church that we didn’t know before took our dining room hutch a few months ago. They are coming for this cabinet later this week. Before we move out in June they will also be taking our basement sofa, chair and ottoman. We are glad they can use the stuff and are gifting everything to them. Better than having to pay for hauling it so a dump.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Haven’t given a mom report for a little bit. She is still socializing and participating in activities. But she continues to call all of us and her friends asking to come take her home. She has a severe case of “sundown syndrome” aka sun downing. The staff has affirmed her nightime behavior and suggested that we not take any calls from her after 6 pm. We checked on her nighttime need for ***** (which she’s taken for 40 years) since she’s been there and it turns out she has only asked for it 3x. Each time around 11pm-1am and those dates match the nights she has called us and her friends. The mind is a very interesting thing.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

LIPH wrote: March 16, 2024 2:41 pm Good afternoon Penny. I've never had a corn dog.
:o :o Well, if you like hot dogs, you might like them.
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: March 16, 2024 5:04 pm Haven’t given a mom report for a little bit. She is still socializing and participating in activities. But she continues to call all of us and her friends asking to come take her home. She has a severe case of “sundown syndrome” aka sun downing. The staff has affirmed her nightime behavior and suggested that we not take any calls from her after 6 pm. We checked on her nighttime need for x a n a x (which she’s taken for 40 years) since she’s been there and it turns out she has only asked for it 3x. Each time around 11pm-1am and those dates match the nights she has called us and her friends. The mind is a very interesting thing.

Like the socializing.
Don't like all of the calls. (my parents did the same, we finally disconnected the phone).
Both my parents did the sundowning - I'll try and find what meds were prescribed that really helped. And neither of them took X a n ax, ever.
Keeping you all in my thoughts.. always.
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

LIPH wrote: March 16, 2024 2:41 pm Good afternoon Penny. I've never had a corn dog.
Same here... were they even a thing on LI?
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 16, 2024 9:03 pm
Saltx3 wrote: March 16, 2024 5:04 pm Haven’t given a mom report for a little bit. She is still socializing and participating in activities. But she continues to call all of us and her friends asking to come take her home. She has a severe case of “sundown syndrome” aka sun downing. The staff has affirmed her nightime behavior and suggested that we not take any calls from her after 6 pm. We checked on her nighttime need for x a n a x (which she’s taken for 40 years) since she’s been there and it turns out she has only asked for it 3x. Each time around 11pm-1am and those dates match the nights she has called us and her friends. The mind is a very interesting thing.

Like the socializing.
Don't like all of the calls. (my parents did the same, we finally disconnected the phone).
Both my parents did the sundowning - I'll try and find what meds were prescribed that really helped. And neither of them took X a n ax, ever.
Keeping you all in my thoughts.. always.
We’re going to ask the dr about a possible snit depressant
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Caribbean Soul wrote: March 16, 2024 9:21 pm
Same here... were they even a thing on LI?
😳 I'm so surprised!!
SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Saltx3 wrote: March 16, 2024 9:46 pm We’re going to ask the dr about a possible snit depressant
What is that?
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: March 16, 2024 10:35 pm
Saltx3 wrote: March 16, 2024 9:46 pm We’re going to ask the dr about a possible snit depressant
What is that?
lol -- it's another version of ANTI depressant :)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda