Tick Tock FRIDAY @ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Tick Tock FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by Saltx3 »

Hello everyone!

Today is National Tick Tock Day (not to be confused with that other "tiktok" thing).

TICK TOCK DAY

Tick Tock Day, observed annually on December 29th, reminds us to complete any unfinished business that might need addressing before the end of the year.

As the end of the year approaches, many items call for our attention. Unfinished business usually needs to be wrapped up before the end of the calendar year. Things like larger business purchases and charitable donations for the tax year may need to be transacted before December 31st.

As far as I know there's no unfinished business here at Ringville :).

Enjoy your last Friday of 2023.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Re: Tick Tock FRIDAY @ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning, Linda. We have nothing unfinished so far.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Morning, peeps. TGIF 8)
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Happy Friday, BN! :D :D :D

Debbie
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good late morning. No tick tocking here, I have no unfinished business.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
PetalMel
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Depends on my mood--there are so many....
Number of Concerts: 40
Favorite Boat Drink: Most anything with rum

Post by PetalMel »

Hiya peoples :)

I probably have unfinished business but lounging on the couch watching the various year in review reels has taken precedence.

Another cloudy day in Michigan. Got some of the Christmas stuff out away and will head out in a bit to grocery shop. Paid all the bills for the rest of 2023 and have a few bucks to start off 2024. guess that is a win…

Enjoy today!
well, ummmmmmm, yah, I guess I better come up with something witty to put in this spot since everyone is reading it.......

SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning/afternoon all. :)

My unfinished business is all related to surgery. Technical issues prevented me from getting into my STD account to review some letter they sent. So I got a phone call from them this morning to tell me what the letter says - my benefits from them will be reduced in 2024 since Colorado has a new benefit for family leave, either for yourself or a family member. So I had to create a whole new account, but I couldn't complete everything until my doctor's office fills out one of the forms. :roll: .. nobody seems to treat these as urgent, but I have bills to pay.

Today I'm to receive my "Bone Growth Stimulator", which is a brace I have to wear several times a day that sends signals to my spinal area to strengthen it.

Off to take full shower number two. :D
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Chest sounds good but I failed the 6 minute walking test to get rid of the oxygen. Did more blood work and hopefully that will have improved.
Ct scan still showing pockets of pneumonia but he said my lungs sound good.
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

We were suppose to go to Austin/Gruene Hall, but Larry woke up sick. :(
He went back to bed and will decide later. I don't know that I want to be in a car with him for hours.
The temps were in the 30s last night...brrr
Caribbean Soul
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Migration ;-)
Number of Concerts: 15
Favorite Boat Drink: Pick just ONE??!! No can do...

Post by Caribbean Soul »

SMLCHNG wrote: December 29, 2023 12:36 pm Good morning/afternoon all. :)

My unfinished business is all related to surgery. Technical issues prevented me from getting into my STD account to
I'm sorry... but they really need to come up with a better name/acronym for whatever account that is! :lol:
SMLCHNG wrote: December 29, 2023 12:36 pm nobody seems to treat these as urgent, but I have bills to pay.
So your disability pay is affected mid-way through your time off?! :o That really sucks! :evil:
SMLCHNG wrote: December 29, 2023 12:36 pmToday I'm to receive my "Bone Growth Stimulator", which is a brace I have to wear several times a day that sends signals to my spinal area to strengthen it.

Off to take full shower number two. :D
Hope you enjoy the "stimulation" and the shower and the rest of the weekend!
In Boston with...
"this caribbean soul I can barely control and Long Island's always here in my heart"
JB - Sag Harbor 11/20/99
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Things change.....
We planned to go to Austin/Gruene Hall but Larry is sick. :(
He has been in bed all day with a hacking cough. He doesn't feel like driving that far and I don't want to be in the car with him.

We might not go to Little Feat. :(
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

Not the best close to 2023 for many of us BN’ers it seems.
I fell under the weather Wednesday night & have slept more than I’ve been awake since.
Hope everyone has better news as the weekend progresses
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Have all of mom’s car keys and now we have the car here at our house. Went to drop off her prescription and check the food in the fridge. She was on the phone and I heard a guy say. Ok see you between 7-8 tonight. Turns out she’s been calling a mobile vehicle key making service.i called him and said don’t bother. She’s no longer allowed to drive which is why we have all 3 sets of her keys. He said he figured out something was wrong since she called 3 days in a row to schedule this but the 2x he got to the house she didn’t answer the door. (Probly bc she forgot she called someone for something). Anyway I told her I was taking her car. It didn’t go well from there. I moved the car around the corner, came home for Kevin, called her police dept to them know the car is now at our residence. Figured she would forget I took it and would report it stolen. Police are fine with this and said they wished more folks would do the same in this type of situation. I’m exhausted.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Saltx3 wrote: December 29, 2023 8:45 pm Have all of mom’s car keys and now we have the car here at our house. Went to drop off her prescription and check the food in the fridge. She was on the phone and I heard a guy say. Ok see you between 7-8 tonight. Turns out she’s been calling a mobile vehicle key making service.i called him and said don’t bother. She’s no longer allowed to drive which is why we have all 3 sets of her keys. He said he figured out something was wrong since she called 3 days in a row to schedule this but the 2x he got to the house she didn’t answer the door. (Probly bc she forgot she called someone for something). Anyway I told her I was taking her car. It didn’t go well from there. I moved the car around the corner, came home for Kevin, called her police dept to them know the car is now at our residence. Figured she would forget I took it and would report it stolen. Police are fine with this and said they wished more folks would do the same in this type of situation. I’m exhausted.
((((Linda and Kevin))))
You're Killing Me Smalls
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

melon59 wrote: December 29, 2023 9:48 pm
Saltx3 wrote: December 29, 2023 8:45 pm Have all of mom’s car keys and now we have the car here at our house. Went to drop off her prescription and check the food in the fridge. She was on the phone and I heard a guy say. Ok see you between 7-8 tonight. Turns out she’s been calling a mobile vehicle key making service.i called him and said don’t bother. She’s no longer allowed to drive which is why we have all 3 sets of her keys. He said he figured out something was wrong since she called 3 days in a row to schedule this but the 2x he got to the house she didn’t answer the door. (Probly bc she forgot she called someone for something). Anyway I told her I was taking her car. It didn’t go well from there. I moved the car around the corner, came home for Kevin, called her police dept to them know the car is now at our residence. Figured she would forget I took it and would report it stolen. Police are fine with this and said they wished more folks would do the same in this type of situation. I’m exhausted.
((((Linda and Kevin))))
{{{from Limeville, too}}}
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Caribbean Soul wrote: December 29, 2023 5:43 pm
SMLCHNG wrote: December 29, 2023 12:36 pm Good morning/afternoon all. :)

My unfinished business is all related to surgery. Technical issues prevented me from getting into my STD account to
I'm sorry... but they really need to come up with a better name/acronym for whatever account that is! :lol: I know, I know.. ;)
SMLCHNG wrote: December 29, 2023 12:36 pm nobody seems to treat these as urgent, but I have bills to pay.
So your disability pay is affected mid-way through your time off?! :o That really sucks! :evil: Yep, it certainly does. :evil:

SMLCHNG

Post by SMLCHNG »

Oh, Linda - you're doing all the right things, but I know that doesn't make it any easier. :(
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

SMLCHNG wrote: December 30, 2023 11:57 am Oh, Linda - you're doing all the right things, but I know that doesn't make it any easier. :(
we are questioning ourselves at every decision.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda