Moderator: SMLCHNG

drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

MyTyGy wrote: February 23, 2021 11:19 am I am holding Stones tix from last spring. Last news was March 2020. Are they all even still alive? Clapton is listed at RAH for May but Boris just announced there will be no large gathering till June 21. The only good thing is fares are cheap and full cancellation is possible.
If Buffett (or the living members of The Rolling Stones :lol: ) knows whether he is touring or not, and so close to the April dates you have to believe he knows, why don’t the fans know?

It’s not like he isn’t active on Twitter and Instagram letting us all know how he is in isolation as he posts pictures of his travels from Nantucket to the Keys, Malibu, St Barths, Hawaii etc. While he is doing that he could just say “tour postponed. again. will update.” Seems pretty straight forward to me.
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
BottleofRum
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

The North Carolina governor will allow indoor venues to have 15% capacity starting next week. Buffett has three shows scheduled in NC for mid to late April. Even with a base case scenario there is very little chance the capacity limit will be 100% or even close to that in 6 weeks. Even at 50% capacity it is doubtful he would go on with the show.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

The question then is who gets in and who doesn't. I'm sure tickets have been purchased. Do they do a lottery to see who gets in , and refund the ones who don't? Hopefully tickets weren't purchased from a secondary market.
tailgaitingph
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: February 24, 2021 2:30 pm The North Carolina governor will allow indoor venues to have 15% capacity starting next week. Buffett has three shows scheduled in NC for mid to late April. Even with a base case scenario there is very little chance the capacity limit will be 100% or even close to that in 6 weeks. Even at 50% capacity it is doubtful he would go on with the show.
Had thought about taking my dad (a virgin) to the Raleigh show but never purchased tix. He lives about 40 min from the venue but I haven't kept up on the NC restrictions so thanks for the update! Not that I think it's happening this Apr but you've given me more info than Buffett or TM has...
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 25, 2021 11:18 am
BottleofRum wrote: February 24, 2021 2:30 pm The North Carolina governor will allow indoor venues to have 15% capacity starting next week. Buffett has three shows scheduled in NC for mid to late April. Even with a base case scenario there is very little chance the capacity limit will be 100% or even close to that in 6 weeks. Even at 50% capacity it is doubtful he would go on with the show.
Had thought about taking my dad (a virgin) to the Raleigh show but never purchased tix. He lives about 40 min from the venue but I haven't kept up on the NC restrictions so thanks for the update! Not that I think it's happening this Apr but you've given me more info than Buffett or TM has...
Governor of Massachusetts just announced Boston Garden can have 12% capacity on March 22nd. Progress!

Edit: all stadiums in door and out. Not just Boston Garden.
Dr.Corona
Party at the End of the World
Favorite Buffett Song: Apocalypso..no..Semi-True Story..no.Creola..no..REGGAE ACCIDENT!!
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: As if you HAD to ask!!

Post by Dr.Corona »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 25, 2021 3:02 pm
Governor of Massachusetts just announced Boston Garden can have 12% capacity on March 22nd. Progress!

I suppose you still call the Xfinity Center Great Woods also?? :wink: says fan & frequent concert goer of DTE...I mean Pine Knob Music Theatre...
Corona by day, Corona by night, any old time is just alright!Image
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

Dr.Corona wrote: February 25, 2021 4:34 pm

I suppose you still call the Xfinity Center Great Woods also?? :wink: says fan & frequent concert goer of DTE...I mean Pine Knob Music Theatre...
My home venue will always be Nissan (it's been Jiffy Lube Live for a few years 🙄) & it will always be GW to me too! Someone even had shirts made a few years ago that said "I still call it Great Woods" :lol:
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: February 25, 2021 4:46 pm
Dr.Corona wrote: February 25, 2021 4:34 pm

My home venue will always be Nissan (it's been Jiffy Lube Live for a few years 🙄) & it will always be GW to me too! Someone even had shirts made a few years ago that said "I still call it Great Woods" :lol:
What else would you call Great Woods?
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 25, 2021 5:18 pm What else would you call Great Woods?
Exactly!! :wink:
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Pay no attention to the guy in the back. Do you even lift brah?

- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: February 26, 2021 8:59 pm Pay no attention to the guy in the back. Do you even lift brah?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On occasion.
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Taylor Swift joins Justin Bieber, Niall Horan and Bad Bunny who all cancel their rescheduled 2021 tour dates that were pushed rom 2020. Sadly, big time artist who are used to playing in front of sellouts are not going to play in less than full capacity concerts and absorb a bigger loss.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/28/entertai ... index.html
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are cancelling their tours? My summer is all shot to hell now. :(
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

LIPH wrote: February 28, 2021 8:45 pm Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber are cancelling their tours? My summer is all shot to hell now. :(
You will have to find a new hobby!!
atmarler26
I have found me a home
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana and One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 1

Post by atmarler26 »

drunkpirate66 wrote: February 22, 2021 9:04 pmAs far as I’m aware there hasn’t been any update to the 2021 tour. We are less than 8 weeks away from the Spring shows and I think they are still scheduled to take place.

I think it’s fair to say these shows won’t happen as scheduled much like last year. The question, much like last year, is why are no announcements happening? Other then greed I truly can’t think of a legitimate answer. People have airfare and hotels booked for these shows. People have scheduled time off of work. Made plans with other Parrot Heads. How long does he need to hold onto people’s ticket money? Someone, or many someone’s, is/are making considerable interest of this money. Sad but true but legal corporate move.

Based on the amount of event already being cancelled this summer (Baseball HOF Induction for 2020 inductees will not allow fans and Boston Calling was just cancelled) as well as information provided from people on this thread connected to the band, it doesn’t look like he will be touring this summer either.

Edit: just checked - you can still buy tickets to any show including the April dates less then two months away. Maybe he is actually planning on going out?
There is still almost zero realistic chance of any April shows happening even if the governors of certain states have given the okay for 15% or so capacity crowds to return. When the 2020 shows were all cancelled and then rescheduled for 21, didn't people have the option to either immediately get a refund for their tickets or wait to see how it plays out in 2021 so they could then make plans, hotel reservations, etc? The number of people who actually have concrete plans right now (like airfare/hotels being booked) for attending spring shows that are technically still on should be very low, since everyone obviously knows there is a significant amount of doubt as to whether they might happen or not.
"The last time we played here in 2004 in September, the Red Sox won the World Series in October. I'm thinking the same thing this year, how 'bout you?" -Jimmy Buffett, 8/9/2018
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

atmarler26 wrote: March 2, 2021 3:52 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: February 22, 2021 9:04 pmAs far as I’m aware there hasn’t been any update to the 2021 tour. We are less than 8 weeks away from the Spring shows and I think they are still scheduled to take place.

I think it’s fair to say these shows won’t happen as scheduled much like last year. The question, much like last year, is why are no announcements happening? Other then greed I truly can’t think of a legitimate answer. People have airfare and hotels booked for these shows. People have scheduled time off of work. Made plans with other Parrot Heads. How long does he need to hold onto people’s ticket money? Someone, or many someone’s, is/are making considerable interest of this money. Sad but true but legal corporate move.

Based on the amount of event already being cancelled this summer (Baseball HOF Induction for 2020 inductees will not allow fans and Boston Calling was just cancelled) as well as information provided from people on this thread connected to the band, it doesn’t look like he will be touring this summer either.

Edit: just checked - you can still buy tickets to any show including the April dates less then two months away. Maybe he is actually planning on going out?
There is still almost zero realistic chance of any April shows happening even if the governors of certain states have given the okay for 15% or so capacity crowds to return. When the 2020 shows were all cancelled and then rescheduled for 21, didn't people have the option to either immediately get a refund for their tickets or wait to see how it plays out in 2021 so they could then make plans, hotel reservations, etc? The number of people who actually have concrete plans right now (like airfare/hotels being booked) for attending spring shows that are technically still on should be very low, since everyone obviously knows there is a significant amount of doubt as to whether they might happen or not.

Exactly my point. “Significant amount of doubt.” Jimmy knows if he is touring or not. So I’ll ask again . . . why don’t the fans know? If he communicated that with us, while telling us of all his worldly travels on social media, there wouldn’t be any doubt.

In summary . . . end the doubt Jimmy. Responsibility lies on you to communicate not on fans to guess.
Last edited by drunkpirate66 on March 2, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Mask mandate lifted in Texas. Once it gets about freezing there that would be a prime spot for a show, Jimmy.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: March 2, 2021 4:08 pm Exactly my point. “Significant amount of doubt.” Jimmy knows if he is touring or not. So I’ll ask again . . . why don’t the fans know? If he communicated that with us, while telling us of all his worldly travels on social media, there wouldn’t be any doubt.

In summary . . . end the doubt Jimmy. Responsibility lies on you to communicate not on fans to guess.
This! I have never agreed with you more!! He really needs to put something out, 1 way or the other...
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

atmarler26 wrote: March 2, 2021 3:52 pm

There is a June date where the Mayer Brothers are scheduled to play a festival in Chicago. When Buffett is scheduled in Virginia the same night, That may tell you something.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: March 2, 2021 5:34 pm There is a June date where the Mayer Brothers are scheduled to play a festival in Chicago. When Buffett is scheduled in Virginia the same night, That may tell you something.
Not sure what you're speaking of, Buffett's next 'scheduled show' for VA is in Aug...