drunkpirate66
Here We Are
Favorite Buffett Song: Take Another Road
Number of Concerts: 67
Favorite Boat Drink: Beers.

Re: “Rescheduled” Buffett

Post by drunkpirate66 »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 24, 2021 3:45 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: January 24, 2021 11:09 am Hey . . . I hope so. And if this rate continues to improve like on this graph https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... gion=World it could legit happen.
Can I hold ya to that? :lol:
I just wanna go back to some sort of normalcy...
Yeah because our relationship is totally “normal”
the hit and run is as good as any religion around this time of year . . .
tailgaitingph
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Manana or CILCIA
Number of Concerts: 0
Favorite Boat Drink: Yes please

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 24, 2021 4:15 pm
drunkpirate66 wrote: January 24, 2021 11:09 am Hey . . . I hope so. And if this rate continues to improve like on this graph https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/dail ... gion=World it could legit happen.
Yeah because our relationship is totally “normal”
LMAO, So normal!! 😋
BottleofRum
Favorite Buffett Song: He Went to Paris: It's My Job
Favorite Boat Drink: Barbancourt Rhum

Post by BottleofRum »

lime rickie wrote: January 9, 2021 6:54 pm How did you land at Buffett News?
I came across BN in the late 1990's, up until then my source for Buffett info other than his site was ParrotIsland.com which later became ParrotRepublic.com (or vice-versa). That site is long gone. Up until 2001 BN was just one long thread of posts and no set usernames. Anyone could post and at times it got a bit chaotic until PHJim made usernames and registrations required in 2001. And it just hit me that I have been coming to this site for over 20 years!

Regarding the 2021 GW show, in terms of larger gatherings the BAA announced today that IF Massachusetts reopening plan allows, the Boston Marathon will take place on October 11, 2021, Columbus Day. It is usually in April and the original plan was for it to be on Labor Day this year so they pushed it back a month. The first GW show is scheduled for June 30 and after that it's a pretty pack summer of shows scheduled as of now with just one listed as cancelled. Concerts will probably happen in Massachusetts in some format later in 2021 but I can't see wide open tailgating this summer being allowed, especially at a usual Buffett level.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: January 26, 2021 1:56 pm
lime rickie wrote: January 9, 2021 6:54 pm How did you land at Buffett News?
I came across BN in the late 1990's, up until then my source for Buffett info other than his site was ParrotIsland.com which later became ParrotRepublic.com (or vice-versa). That site is long gone. Up until 2001 BN was just one long thread of posts and no set usernames. Anyone could post and at times it got a bit chaotic until PHJim made usernames and registrations required in 2001. And it just hit me that I have been coming to this site for over 20 years!

Regarding the 2021 GW show, in terms of larger gatherings the BAA announced today that IF Massachusetts reopening plan allows, the Boston Marathon will take place on October 11, 2021, Columbus Day. It is usually in April and the original plan was for it to be on Labor Day this year so they pushed it back a month. The first GW show is scheduled for June 30 and after that it's a pretty pack summer of shows scheduled as of now with just one listed as cancelled. Concerts will probably happen in Massachusetts in some format later in 2021 but I can't see wide open tailgating this summer being allowed, especially at a usual Buffett level.
Man, who would’ve thought that within 4 years of joining BN you’d meet the sexiest m@therf*cker this side of the Merrimack.
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

So do tell - what brought you two together?

Flirty BN post? Loving glance across the lot at that first show together?

Or it a case of opposites attract?
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

lime rickie wrote: January 26, 2021 10:17 pm So do tell - what brought you two together?

Jones Beach 2004. He offered me free alcohol at his bar. I’m not sure if that came before or after a loving glance. We hung out before the Fenway show a week later. At some point over the next 16 years there was a pink umbrella involved.
TommyBahama
Diamond as Big as The Ritz
Favorite Buffett Song: No particular Favorite
Number of Concerts: 86
Favorite Boat Drink: yes please
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

I'm being optimistic that GW will happen this year. My 1st prediction was normalcy will start on May 1st. Sticking with that. See you in the lot.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 27, 2021 7:32 am
lime rickie wrote: January 26, 2021 10:17 pm So do tell - what brought you two together?

Jones Beach 2004. He offered me free alcohol at his bar. I’m not sure if that came before or after a loving glance. We hung out before the Fenway show a week later. At some point over the next 16 years there was a pink umbrella involved.
And a hammock? Or was that Matt?
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

As he said, Jones Beach 2004, I was with the BN crew I think Jon was with another group. He walked by our tailgate with a shirt that said "I Am The Man From Nantucket" and for what ever reason I thought it was a hilarious shirt so I told him I loved the shirt, he stopped and chatted for a while while he mooched some beers and shots. A week or so later we saw each other again at the two Fenway Park shows.

And the umbrella is magenta and I still have it.
- - “If it doesn't work out there will never be any doubt that the pleasure was worth all the pain.”
TommyBahama
Location: Connecticut--May your time be filled with relaxing sunsets,cool drinks and sand between your toes.

Post by TommyBahama »

BottleofRum wrote: January 27, 2021 8:46 pm

As he said, Jones Beach 2004, I was with the BN crew I think Jon was with another group. He walked by our tailgate with a shirt that said "I Am The Man From Nantucket" and for what ever reason I thought it was a hilarious shirt so I told him I loved the shirt, he stopped and chatted for a while while he mooched some beers and shots. A week or so later we saw each other again at the two Fenway Park shows.

And he is still mooching beers from you.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

TommyBahama wrote: January 28, 2021 7:44 pm
BottleofRum wrote: January 27, 2021 8:46 pm As he said, Jones Beach 2004, I was with the BN crew I think Jon was with another group. He walked by our tailgate with a shirt that said "I Am The Man From Nantucket" and for what ever reason I thought it was a hilarious shirt so I told him I loved the shirt, he stopped and chatted for a while while he mooched some beers and shots. A week or so later we saw each other again at the two Fenway Park shows.

😂😂😂
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

Im at the point now where I just ask him what he wants and give it to him. That way I have the power.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

BottleofRum wrote: January 28, 2021 7:55 pm Im at the point now where I just ask him what he wants and give it to him. That way I have the power.
The ultimate was when Dave and Carol used to bring their rum from St. Barths. One of those years you brought Absinthe from somewhere and it was fantastic. Either way both that sh*t happened before 10am. :D I can’t imagine another environment where that could possibly happen.
drunkpirate66
Here We Are

Post by drunkpirate66 »

Remember when you used to give me s*** about being a 30 pack of PBR because you thought it was because of that lame as$ Zack Brown song. Nope. I’m just that low end, man.
TommyBahama

Post by TommyBahama »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Remember when you used to give me s*** about being a 30 pack of PBR because you thought it was because of that lame as$ Zack Brown song. Nope. I’m just that low end, man.
There is a guy , here in town, that is all he drinks. With a shot of BBB. And of course I have to give you s**t. It's out of love bro!!
BottleofRum

Post by BottleofRum »

drunkpirate66 wrote: January 28, 2021 8:28 pm
BottleofRum wrote: January 28, 2021 7:55 pm Im at the point now where I just ask him what he wants and give it to him. That way I have the power.
The ultimate was when Dave and Carol used to bring their rum from St. Barths. One of those years you brought Absinthe from somewhere and it was fantastic. Either way both that sh*t happened before 10am. :D I can’t imagine another environment where that could possibly happen.
The Absinthe was from St Maarten and I also remember the weekend you, I and a few others in Baltimore polished off half the bottle before heading to Pimlico for some pre-Red Sox pony betting.
tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

BottleofRum wrote: January 29, 2021 5:18 pm The Absinthe was from St Maarten and I also remember the weekend you, I and a few others in Baltimore polished off half the bottle before heading to Pimlico for some pre-Red Sox pony betting.
Hey Pat, hope you're well, miss you!
I had the pleasure of sampling their vanilla rum (SO yummy!).
Hope to see ya soon !
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

What exactly is the Absinthe experience? :-?

tailgaitingph

Post by tailgaitingph »

lime rickie wrote: January 29, 2021 7:01 pm What exactly is the Absinthe experience? :-?
I've heard of Absinthe but never tried it, maybe they'll bring it & we can try it together in 2021?!
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk

Post by lime rickie »

tailgaitingph wrote: January 29, 2021 7:04 pm
lime rickie wrote: January 29, 2021 7:01 pm What exactly is the Absinthe experience? :-?
I've heard of Absinthe but never tried it, maybe they'll bring it & we can try it together in 2021?!
Now there's a plan. [smilie=coolup.gif]