Sunny SATURDAY@ the MSC

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Sunny SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning BN. Looks like the U.S. is dry today, except for SPH. We desperately need rain. Our well is a hand dug, rock lined cylinder under the house. It went dry once years ago, so we conserve.
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Re: Sunny SATURDAY@ the MSC

Post by big john »

Good morning Bill. Raining here right now. Wasn't expected. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
dnw
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by dnw »

Good morning, Bill and John. Happy Saturday! :D

Debbie
lime rickie
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Bama Breeze
Number of Concerts: 11
Favorite Boat Drink: lime rickey

Post by lime rickie »

Morning, peeps. Thick fog hanging around here this morning. Just going to be chores and catching up on paperwork for me.

Have a beautiful day. :wench:
You only have two options - havin' fun or freakin' out...

Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

Good Morning Everyone!

We have unexpected rain as well. So much for additional seeding of our little front lawn :(. Other than that task we don't have much going on today.
Grandson Eli was scheduled to arrive mid-morning but the other grands decided to hang on to him until our kids get home from their Northeast Coast vacation. I think my biggest event is to re-organize under Kevin's side of the master bathroom sink. I know, does it get any better than that [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

morning BNers
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
SMLCHNG
Favorite Buffett Song: Lovely Cruise/Bubbles Up
Number of Concerts: 20
Favorite Boat Drink: Extra dirty gin martini

Post by SMLCHNG »

Good morning!

Cloudy here today - high in the 80's. Yesterday was near 100. Tomorrow and into Monday it'll be lows in the 30's and high's in the 50's. :D

Laundry going, off to the grocery store, and we're having "Brinner" for dinner. I'm making my breakfast casserole and Cameron is making waffles.

That's about the excitement of our day. :)
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

The weather isn't looking too bad here today, maybe some scattered showers and building up towards sunny and 70s for the next week. Autumn came in like a wet lion on Tuesday and we had lots of wind and more rain in 4 days than we'd had in the last 2 or 3 months. Almost 3 inches...
Stop laughing, I know Sally brought some people that in 24 hours!
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. After a string of beautiful sunny days with low humidity, we had a lot of rain yesterday. It's semi-sunny now and it's supposed to be like that the rest of the day, no rain until overnight Sunday/Monday morning. On the 6:00 news last night they said a tornado touched down on the beach in the afternoon. From the location they gave, it was about 10 miles north of me and was moving to the north so I missed it. But I was at the Red Cross with needles in both arms for my monthly platelet donation and they're about 5 miles inland, I would have missed it anyway.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Good morning. 16 hour shift today
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

We slept in after a nice long soak in the hot tub last night 🙂 I have completed most of the regular weekly chores, and only have to finish up the laundry. Bryan had to go to the vet to pick up the monthly heartworm pills for the dogs and to get a jack so he can get under the lawn tractor to try to get it fixed. Hopefully he can figure out why it won't go in a straight line (only goes in a left hand circle) and then, since the wind is calm he is going to set fire 🔥 to the large burn pile.
I have decided that I am going to make breakfast for dinner! Biscuits and gravy, hash browns, sausage links, eggs. Maybe waffles or pancakes if Bryan wants something sweet...or I can just cheat and open a can of cinnamon rolls and save the waffles for breakfast tomorrow 😋
You're Killing Me Smalls
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

When I watched the Astros game last night, they played an extra inning and lost. The magic number was ONE.
During the night, the Dodgers did some magic and the ASTROS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!
After this season, I am surprised...it wasn't one of the Astros better 60 game seasons.
Let the fun continue!!!
🧡⚾️💙🧡⚾️💙🧡⚾️💙🧡⚾️💙
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

When I lived in NY I did all of my banking with Chase. I was part of the Chase Private Client Division, not because I'm rich (there's no danger of that happening), but because after I retired I moved my retirement money from the firm's 401(k) to Chase so I had a little more than $38 on deposit. When I moved to South Carolina I moved my retirement account to a local bank because Chase doesn't have any branches in the state. I kept my Chase checking account open and sometimes used it to pay my Chase Visa bill just to keep the account active. I just got a letter in today's mail that said starting Nov. 8 all Private Client customers will be charged a $35 monthly fee if they have less than $150,000 on deposit. I checked last month's checking account statement, I have $117.67, a bit short of the minimum. :lol: I went online and did an external transfer, that money will be in my checking account at my local bank Monday. I've done business with Chase for more than 40 years, now all that's left is my Visa card.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

LIPH wrote: September 26, 2020 3:08 pm When I lived in NY I did all of my banking with Chase. I was part of the Chase Private Client Division, not because I'm rich (there's no danger of that happening), but because after I retired I moved my retirement money from the firm's 401(k) to Chase so I had a little more than $38 on deposit. When I moved to South Carolina I moved my retirement account to a local bank because Chase doesn't have any branches in the state. I kept my Chase checking account open and sometimes used it to pay my Chase Visa bill just to keep the account active. I just got a letter in today's mail that said starting Nov. 8 all Private Client customers will be charged a $35 monthly fee if they have less than $150,000 on deposit. I checked last month's checking account statement, I have $117.67, a bit short of the minimum. :lol: I went online and did an external transfer, that money will be in my checking account at my local bank Monday. I've done business with Chase for more than 40 years, now all that's left is my Visa card.
Do you know what caught my attention in all of this?

Your banks still provide check (or cheque) accounts?

How quaint!

I don't think I have seen a cheque in maybe 10 years :) I'd be surprised if many businesses here accepted them anymore. If the truth be told, the changes for covid, where contactless card transactions are preferred, has also just about killed off cash.

So as everyone has been doing weather reports, here's mine for my dramatic yet serene parts of Rabbitzland. The last few days it's been a bit windy, in fact, on Thursday night it blew the old black dog off it's chain - somewhere over 105kmh or 65 mph at one stage. We went from 85 to 95°F days last week to 67° yesterday and a forecast of 64° for today. Currently 41° at 6.30 AM. The mercury should start to rise on Wednesday and be up to 87 or 90° by next weekend!
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Tractor still not working right. I'm pretty sure he's given up for today. Bummer 👎
It's almost time to feed the big dogs, fold the last load of laundry and start dinner.
You're Killing Me Smalls
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

melon59 wrote: September 26, 2020 4:41 pm Tractor still not working right. I'm pretty sure he's given up for today. Bummer 👎
It's almost time to feed the big dogs, fold the last load of laundry and start dinner.
Good grief!

How hard could it be?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
MICHIPHIN
God's Own Drunk
Favorite Buffett Song: Boat Drinks
Number of Concerts: 48
Favorite Boat Drink: Cold Beer

Post by MICHIPHIN »

moog wrote: September 26, 2020 11:19 am Good morning. 16 hour shift today
My goodness, what did you eat?

oh......shift, as in work....sorry......back to your regular scheduled BN
Trying to Reason, With Hurricane Season......
melon59
Behind Door #3

Post by melon59 »

Rabbitz wrote: September 26, 2020 4:43 pm
melon59 wrote: September 26, 2020 4:41 pm Tractor still not working right. I'm pretty sure he's given up for today. Bummer 👎
Good grief!

How hard could it be?
Apparently harder than he thought! It starts but it's still not working right and when he tries to move it to the right it squeals.... so tomorrow will be spent replacing the drive belt. Right now we are having an adult beverage. 🥃🍹🥃🍹
You're Killing Me Smalls
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

melon59 wrote: September 26, 2020 5:37 pm
Rabbitz wrote: September 26, 2020 4:43 pm
Good grief!

How hard could it be?
Apparently harder than he thought! It starts but it's still not working right and when he tries to move it to the right it squeals.... so tomorrow will be spent replacing the drive belt. Right now we are having an adult beverage. 🥃🍹🥃🍹
Safety Alert -- please wait until lonnnnng after your adult beverage before working on the lawn tractor [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
Saltx3

Post by Saltx3 »

Rabbitz wrote: September 26, 2020 4:34 pm
LIPH wrote: September 26, 2020 3:08 pm When I lived in NY I did all of my banking with Chase. I was part of the Chase Private Client Division, not because I'm rich (there's no danger of that happening), but because after I retired I moved my retirement money from the firm's 401(k) to Chase so I had a little more than $38 on deposit. When I moved to South Carolina I moved my retirement account to a local bank because Chase doesn't have any branches in the state. I kept my Chase checking account open and sometimes used it to pay my Chase Visa bill just to keep the account active. I just got a letter in today's mail that said starting Nov. 8 all Private Client customers will be charged a $35 monthly fee if they have less than $150,000 on deposit. I checked last month's checking account statement, I have $117.67, a bit short of the minimum. :lol: I went online and did an external transfer, that money will be in my checking account at my local bank Monday. I've done business with Chase for more than 40 years, now all that's left is my Visa card.
Do you know what caught my attention in all of this?

Your banks still provide check (or cheque) accounts?

How quaint!

I don't think I have seen a cheque in maybe 10 years :) I'd be surprised if many businesses here accepted them anymore. If the truth be told, the changes for covid, where contactless card transactions are preferred, has also just about killed off cash.

So as everyone has been doing weather reports, here's mine for my dramatic yet serene parts of Rabbitzland. The last few days it's been a bit windy, in fact, on Thursday night it blew the old black dog off it's chain - somewhere over 105kmh or 65 mph at one stage. We went from 85 to 95°F days last week to 67° yesterday and a forecast of 64° for today. Currently 41° at 6.30 AM. The mercury should start to rise on Wednesday and be up to 87 or 90° by next weekend!
we still have the checking account with the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union that I opened when I became a state employee in 1982 :)

Our local German Club is cash only except for mailing in membership renewals, raffle ticket $, etc.
We will also send checks to family members for gifts if they do not use any type of electronic banking (venmo, PayPal, etc). For us checks seem safer than putting gift cards in the mail.
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda