Happy Fourth of July!

Chat with other Parrotheads about dis and dat.

Moderator: SMLCHNG

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbor
Number of Concerts: 24
Favorite Boat Drink: whatever I get as a tip(no JELLO)

Happy Fourth of July!

Post by bodypainter »

Good morning world! We head to a small river town to a fund raising takeout dinner we will eat in a beautiful park by the wateer while watching yakers start their float.

Got any plans,pholks?
If I wasn't fishing in this all day rain,I'd be home doing something stupid.
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Re: Happy Fourth of July!

Post by Saltx3 »

Good morning Bill!

We’ve got nothing going on this weekend. Yesterday Kevin sanded and restrained one of his ?# dulcimers while I spent time at a friends pool yesterday. ( after I finished my normal “Saturday” errands). I came home From the pool to some frozen margaritas.

He jumped off the wagon to visit a local Family owned ice cream shack 4 miles away that we had never visited. Yummmmm.

Today is filled with ...... whatever we decide on.

We had some storms last night which has already resulted in a death like humidity level. :o
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
moog
Last Man Standing
Number of Concerts: 0

Post by moog »

I plan to contemplate answering the phone at work or let my partner answer them all.
LIPH
Last Man Standing
Favorite Boat Drink: my next beer, as long as it's not Blandshark

Post by LIPH »

Good morning. It's supposed to be 92 degrees with a heat index of 100+, I might stay inside in air conditioned comfort today.
what I really mean . . . I wish you were here
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Number of Concerts: 30
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

What a last couple of days. Drove to Rehoboth for a day trip Wednesday with my stepdaughter, gran daughter, and gran daughter's friend.
Lots of social distancing, masks, and sanitizing. On the way back stopped for gas just outside of Rehoboth and the car wouldn't start.
A really cool hispanic dude was there with his family. We tried jumping the battery but no dice. He then took his own battery out of
his car, turned it upside down, and touched the poles of his battery to mine. The car started! No one I've talked to has ever heard of
that before. I couldn't stop thanking him........and I gave him some money.

We drove home non-stop for three hours with no a/c, radio, etc turned on to save what little power we had. We got home and the car
was dead again. I called the dealership next day and they are booked up until the 14th. Called a local garage that could get me
in on Monday and made an appointment. The car sat all day Thursday.

Yesterday my neighbor and I tried jumpstarting and charging the battery. Nothing. I still wasn't sure if it was the battery or the alternator
or the starter or whatever. Finally. in 95 degree heat, we pulled the battery and ran it down to local parts store. They tested the
battery. It was supposed to put out 670 amps and only had 3! I bought a new battery, put it in, the car runs fine now. My old one was almost
5 years old and had 76000 miles on it. Some times the solution is obvious.

And then we drank cold beer for the rest of the afternoon and evening until about 1130. :pirate:
Last edited by big john on July 4, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who's got the rum?
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

Phew. I need a nap after reading that. Sounds tiring.
big john
Under My Lone Palm
Favorite Buffett Song: One Particular Harbour
Favorite Boat Drink: Oh just give me a beer

Post by big john »

moog wrote: July 4, 2020 11:22 am Phew. I need a nap after reading that. Sounds tiring.
Yeah, I did ramble on a bit. :pirate:
Who's got the rum?
Saltx3
Favorite Buffett Song: Boats to Build
Number of Concerts: 23
Favorite Boat Drink: MARGARITA, FIREBALL WHISKEY

Post by Saltx3 »

big john wrote: July 4, 2020 11:11 am What a last couple of days. Drove to Rehoboth for a day trip Wednesday with my stepdaughter, gran daughter, and gran daughter's friend.
Lots of social distancing, masks, and sanitizing. On the way back stopped for gas just outside of Rehoboth and the car wouldn't start.
A really cool hispanic dude was there with his family. We tried jumping the battery but no dice. He then took his own battery out of
his car, turned it upside down, and touched the poles of his battery to mine. The car started! No one I've talked to has ever heard of

We drove home non-stop for three hours with no a/c, radio, etc turned on to save what little power we had. We got home and the car
was dead again. I called the dealership next day and they are booked up until the 14th. Called a local garage that could get me

Yesterday my neighbor and I tried jumpstarting and charging the battery. Nothing. I still wasn't sure if it was the battery or the alternator
or the starter or whatever. Finally. in 95 degree heat, we pulled the battery and ran it down to local parts store. They tested the
battery. It was supposed to put out 670 amps and only had 3! I bought a new battery, put it in, the car runs fine now. My old one was almost

And then we drank cold beer for the rest of the afternoon and evening until about 1130. :pirate:
You need to start a book :).....the Kambic Adventures.....seriously though, isn't it nice to know there are a few good people around (even if it's sometimes hard to find them)
SALT, SALT, SALT/Linda
moog
Last Man Standing

Post by moog »

big john wrote: July 4, 2020 11:37 am
moog wrote: July 4, 2020 11:22 am Phew. I need a nap after reading that. Sounds tiring.
Yeah, I did ramble on a bit. :pirate:
That's okay. Work is quiet for now. :lol:
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

big john wrote: July 4, 2020 11:11 am What a last couple of days. Drove to Rehoboth for a day trip Wednesday with my stepdaughter, gran daughter, and gran daughter's friend.

That sounds similar to my day yesterday. I didn't have any car problems but I did drink cold beer. 🍺
Crazy Navy Flyer
On a Salty Piece of Land
Number of Concerts: 100
Favorite Boat Drink: rum

Post by Crazy Navy Flyer »

Sounds like cold beer is the answer! It is about time for a cold one.
Back to livin' Floridays
springparrot
Last Man Standing
Favorite Buffett Song: what time of day is it????
Favorite Boat Drink: Mudslide, Strawberry Margarita

Post by springparrot »

Afternoon BNers

Happy 4th of July!!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Nothing planned today. Larry is mowing the yard so something will be grilling soon. 😁
Last edited by springparrot on July 4, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LIPH
Last Man Standing

Post by LIPH »

I'm having a beer brewed in Sicily. It made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

Hi there! We couldn't find a place to park near the river to picnic because the park was full with three trucks driving in as we pulled away. We drove home with our grilled chicken dinners and ate on the gazebo.
I have dreaded a trailer project of replacing the lights and Big John's s tory didn't help put me in the mood. Still, out to the garage I started removing the old lights and cut wires. Lo and behold, the new LED lights worked!(I hate electronics). While laying on the floor, I saw one tire was squishy and bald as me. This boat has only been out three times, but one trip was 63 miles away. I may have had that low tire all summer. Luckily, it didn't blow.
melon59
Behind Door #3
Favorite Buffett Song: Back to the island.
Number of Concerts: 7
Favorite Boat Drink: Margaritas

Post by melon59 »

Up early this morning, Bryan replaced the belt on the lawn tractor and finished mowing while I prepped the strawberries for dessert, made fresh salsa and got ready for our little family get together.
Everyone is gone and have made it home safely, Bryan is napping and I just need to load the dishwasher! 🇺🇸🗽🇺🇸🗽🇺🇸
You're Killing Me Smalls
Rabbitz
Hoot!
Favorite Buffett Song: Growing Older
Number of Concerts: 2
Favorite Boat Drink: Rhum and Pineapple

Post by Rabbitz »

Morning All.

Happy Blow Up a Small Part of America Day!!!

I see your president is claiming that you'll have a "big win" against the virus - he does know that topping the infection rate and death tables isn't a win, doesn't he? :o :o :o
Always be yourself
Unless you can be Batman
Then always be Batman
SeattleParrotHead
Chewin' on a Honeysuckle Vine
Favorite Buffett Song: Island, 12v Man
Number of Concerts: 6
Favorite Boat Drink: Mai Tais @ Dukes

Post by SeattleParrotHead »

Rabbitz wrote: July 4, 2020 6:53 pm Morning All.

Happy Blow Up a Small Part of America Day!!!

I see your president is claiming that you'll have a "big win" against the virus - he does know that topping the infection rate and death tables isn't a win, doesn't he? :o :o :o
He wants to stop testing... if we don't test, confirmed cases go down and it miraculously goes away just like he said it would.
ImageImage

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but sometimes they have really good ideas…..
SPH
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

Well, plans change. Larry overdid when mowing. So the hot dogs were cooked inside.
Not a problem. Too hot to be outside.
bodypainter
On a Salty Piece of Land

Post by bodypainter »

springparrot wrote: July 4, 2020 8:02 pm Well, plans change. Larry overdid when mowing. So the hot dogs were cooked inside.
I built a gazebo attached to our deck and we eat there often when we eat at home. Thursday I was beat from the sun while fishing and ANNE wanted to eat outside. I gritted my teeth, then turned it around. It's cold and dark most of the year. Embrace summer and eat outside while you can! We had a nice time. It wasn't that hot. :D
springparrot
Last Man Standing

Post by springparrot »

bodypainter wrote: July 4, 2020 8:36 pm
springparrot wrote: July 4, 2020 8:02 pm Well, plans change. Larry overdid when mowing. So the hot dogs were cooked inside.
I built a gazebo attached to our deck and we eat there often when we eat at home. Thursday I was beat from the sun while fishing and ANNE wanted to eat outside. I gritted my teeth, then turned it around. It's cold and dark most of the year. Embrace summer and eat outside while you can! We had a nice time. It wasn't that hot. :D
We don't have anywhere to eat outside except the small patio...in the direct sun. Nope.